As a Playbook User and Torch Owner, I come to this forums every day looking for useful info, I really love my Devices and want to take any advantage of them, However, is frustrating 40% of more of threads are related iFans and/or bFans arguing about the goods of their devices, I dont care about anything that is not about my devices, I dont care of iCrap sales, or argues between fans, or complaints, rants etc etc, is there any chance to add the item #6 to Playbook Hub for this kind of things and this people can be ripped off and leave alone to the others looking for useful info?

PS Excuse my English as is not my Native language but tying to do my best
    biff101 likes this.
    05-22-11 02:26 PM
    To the OP. Ignore the fanboys. It's really the only thing you can do. Otherwise, you will continue to be frustrated.
    05-22-11 02:35 PM
    Don;t read the threads you don't care about. It will save you a lot of time...
    05-22-11 02:48 PM
    Who cares what people say. Would you be mad if I told you I am returning my Playbook, putting my Bold 9780 in the closet and going back to my iPhone 4?
    05-22-11 03:10 PM
    you dont get the point guys, I dont read that kind of threads anymore, the point is i come this forum looking for valuable info to apply to my devices and what i find most is the forum is floded with rant, fights and argues between fanboys, thats sucks
    05-22-11 03:57 PM
    to be honest there is not much valuable infos for pb. the shortcomings are well covered over and over and there are no solutions.wait for an update.
    05-22-11 04:07 PM
    Just ignore it. I use CB.com for the valuable info that is available here. I have a BB and I am doing my research on the now many available tablets. Thanks to Kevin and crew for a great site.

The fan boy phenom as it relates to tech devices is absolutely baffling to me but some of the threads and posts are pure comic gold! Some are down right embarrassing and some are just plain frightening.
    05-22-11 10:56 PM
    i understand the OP. finding a useful thread/post like let say the updates for the Bluebox app for playbook...which i found very helpful, is like finding a needle in the haystack.
    the threads about RIM doomsday, DX returning his 9780/playbook and a lot of im waiting for an update blah blah blah... burries useful posts
    05-22-11 11:45 PM
    i understand the OP. finding a useful thread/post like let say the updates for the Bluebox app for playbook...which i found very helpful, is like finding a needle in the haystack.
    the threads about RIM doomsday, DX returning his 9780/playbook and a lot of im waiting for an update blah blah blah... burries useful posts
    My post was a joke bud. I was just making a point for people not to care about what others think. Im very happy with my Playbook and Bridging and tethering with my 9780
    05-23-11 04:45 PM
    As a Playbook User and Torch Owner, I come to this forums every day looking for useful info, I really love my Devices and want to take any advantage of them, However, is frustrating 40% of more of threads are related iFans and/or bFans arguing about the goods of their devices, I dont care about anything that is not about my devices, I dont care of iCrap sales, or argues between fans, or complaints, rants etc etc, is there any chance to add the item #6 to Playbook Hub for this kind of things and this people can be ripped off and leave alone to the others looking for useful info?

PS Excuse my English as is not my Native language but tying to do my best
    I think criticism and showing the "other side of a story" is part of a healthy discussion. Ignoring the competition isn't healthy at all.
    Your comment reminds me of certain car forums: Owners of certain cars tend to ignore the competition or even try to make it look worse, simply because: 1. they couldn't afford the competition, 2. they couldn't buy the competition because it has a very long waiting time, 3. they don't know the competition and last but not least, they paid a lot of money for their car and ****, it has to be the best choice. Right?! Wrong.

If a certain discussion forum would only discuss a certain product, it wouldn't only get boring, it would get very very one-sided and untrue. People need to discuss differences and it is OK...as long as it stays civilized.

I agree...nobody should come here and post a thread like "My iPad is better than your Playbook", this would be pure provokation. However, if somebody who owns both, posts a comparison of both, this is OK to me. Why not?

You made your choice, others made other choices. I own the PB but also the iPad 1, iPad 2 and the Xoom. For development but also for comparison reasons. You may not like it but I prefer the iPad 2 over any other tablet but maybe you'll be interested that the PB comes on second place. I really like this little fellow and the outdoor capability is just amazing but it has it's initial issues and RIM has to deal with them. Not only RIM but also PB owners.
    MrT1ki likes this.
    05-23-11 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD