looks like there was an update to the Twitter client for playbook "Tweedless". this update actually made the app usable and possibly better than hahlo.

glad to see some progress coming from devs!
    05-21-11 02:30 PM
    Version 1.7.2 was released yesterday.
    Thumbs up for developers actually update their applications frequently!
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 05-21-11 at 02:43 PM.
    05-21-11 02:38 PM
    Agreed. It still needs a little work, but is certainly fully functional as a twitter client. Nice, new look. Anything beats the web...
    05-21-11 02:39 PM
    i dont know if this is only me but when i enter my pin to verify it always says that there is a problem with the api
    did this happen to anybody and can u help please
    thanks in advance
    05-21-11 02:53 PM
    I have the same "_Twitter connection error" when I press verify pin.
    05-21-11 04:13 PM
    same problem
    05-21-11 04:57 PM
    Seems alright to me. Surprised RIM doesn't have an official one yet.
    05-21-11 06:32 PM
    Seems to work pretty well

If the pin doesn't authorize I think its a twitter problem not an app problem
    05-21-11 07:46 PM
    i notice that my tweets dont seem to refresh automatically. Anyone else having this issue?
    05-21-11 10:52 PM
    The app has improved. Most notably, the text is much more readable. Still get errors when trying to use certain functions. For now I will stick to using hahlo.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Xaerius likes this.
    05-22-11 01:19 AM
    I agree that hahlo.com is still better than Tweedless since it appears to give full access to your Twitter account.
    05-22-11 02:40 AM
    I have the same "_Twitter connection error" when I press verify pin.
    I have the same pin verification issue. Any help?
    05-22-11 08:30 AM
    I have the same pin verification issue. Any help?
    Me too! Will be really glad to try this app out!
    05-23-11 08:05 AM
    Hey guys... I'm actually the developer of Tweedless.

Sorry for the long awaited update. Took awhile for it to get through for two reasons.

A) My daughter came 5 weeks early so that put development on hold for like 2 weeks

B) It took awhile to get the current update through App World review

I've noticed that some of you are having issues with the PIN entry.

In version 1.7 there was an issue where if you had your Playbooks date and time off you couldn't communicate with Twitter. (major reason why I pulled it from the store originally) This was something I couldn't test until I received my Playbook because on the simulator to develop Playbook apps you HAD to have the date and time set correctly in order for the sim to work.

Anywho... That issue is fixed now.

I'm not sure why people are having issues still. It's hard for me to test these things on a single Playbook. I've had no issues logging in. Granted something is screwed up with the the browser that you can't copy and paste the pin which is very annoying. I've noticed that if you select the text above then you can drag the selection down to select the pin. (thats what I do when I log in)

So let's try to figure this out together:
    A) make sure you're connected to WIFI
    B) make sure you're date and time are set properly (even though this should be fixed)
    C) make sure you're entering the pin correctly.

Right now I unfortunately don't have the ability to tell if Twitter is down or ppl entered in the PIN wrong. This is something I have to look into...

Also... For you who think this PIN entry business is lame. It's the only way that Twitter clients other than official Twitter clients will work if you want to use DM. Twitter just changed the rules on us devs. (I guess they all turn evil eventually)

But yeah... If you weren't able to get it working previously and it started working using the steps above let me know. It could also be really that Twitter is down at the moment. Which wouldn't surprise me since they are working on their authorization system. So sorry...
    tprime likes this.
    05-23-11 05:12 PM
    Also... Did you get the Twitter pin page or did you get the error as soon as you hit request pin?
    tprime likes this.
    05-23-11 05:23 PM
    MikkoH the number one thing I'd like to see is a lot bigger fonts, or at least have the size configurable. A lot of other UI components are on the small side as well.

Great to see you posting here and thanks for the app!
    05-23-11 05:55 PM
    Unfortunately since Tweedless was written for mobile platforms with small cpus I wrote some optimizations that make making the Tweets bigger a bit harder.

I could possibly make like a small/medium/large size for Tweets.

Right now we were going for a nice number of Tweets on screen and still keeping the design fresh.

We'll see... I think the number one thing I'll be working on is just pop ups and things like that for when you RT for instance. Quite a few people have been complaining that RT isn't working when in actuality they are Re-Tweeting twice and Twitter complains cause its a duplicate Tweet. Anywho...

I'll most likely be working on Tweedless this week. Unfortunately cause of Twitter's new login stuff I'm going to have to force everyone to relogin again
    05-23-11 11:17 PM
    Will Tweedless be supporting the LISTs at some point? i tend to keep people organized into my lists so I am missing that feature.
    05-23-11 11:24 PM
    hi there guys.
    just came across tweedless on the app world.
    i am also having problems with the twitter api.

MikkoH : can you explain the time problem? i just got my playbook and i am unsure about that problem.using .1868 here

thanks
    05-24-11 10:49 AM
    will tweedless support portrait mode? I hate having to spin around my playbook when im switching betwen apps
    05-24-11 12:37 PM
    The app was working great after the update but now it won't connect. If I delete and reinstall it will work for a while and then stop. Any reason for this?
    05-24-11 10:17 PM
    Never had the chance to see what this app could do. Still stuck with the whole API error.
    05-25-11 02:33 AM
    I use this app with the following date & time settings:
    - Time Zone: Amsterdan, Berlin (+1)
    - Use 24-Hour Time: On
    - Set Date and Time Automatically: On

I hope you can fix the problem.
    05-25-11 01:49 PM
    No way, I can not pass autorisation screen.
    05-27-11 05:02 AM
    Wouldn't mind the tweets updating a bit faster, plus a notification that an update is currently happening.

It takes something like 20 seconds or so if I post a tweet for it to actually show up, and there's no indication when the actual update of the timeline is occurring or that the new tweet is available while the app is open.
    05-27-11 08:50 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD