I bout a blackberry 9700 about 2 months ago. i really think its an awesome phone but i am having this one problem and i am hoping you guys can help.
    The problem is that as of late the standby button on the top left of the phone "works occasionally". It will work for a whole day without problems and the next day it doesn't work at all. Sometimes in order for it to go in/out of standby mode I have to press the button numerous times. The button still has that click feel to it as wen I just got the phone.
    I would really appreciate it if any of you guys can help me out here with this problem because I am sorta a newbie when it comes to blackberry's as this is my first blackberry.

ps: i am currently running os 6.0.0.546
    Last edited by Slice Bread; 05-20-11 at 08:20 PM.
    05-20-11 08:17 PM
    Sounds like it could be a hardware issue. Assuming you bought it second hand and because the 9700 is already a bit dated, I don't suppose you have access to the warranty. Taking it in to a shop that specializes in repairing BlackBerries might be your only option at this point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Slice Bread likes this.
    05-20-11 09:36 PM
    Sounds like it could be a hardware issue. Assuming you bought it second hand and because the 9700 is already a bit dated, I don't suppose you have access to the warranty. Taking it in to a shop that specializes in repairing BlackBerries might be your only option at this point.

I was wondering if i changed the bezel with the top piece attached if it would resolve my problem
    05-20-11 09:51 PM
    I was wondering if i changed the bezel with the top piece attached if it would resolve my problem
    That might solve the problem.

Slice Bread likes this.
    05-20-11 09:54 PM
    I've had that problem since upgrading to OS6. Sometimes it works fine, other times it hangs and I have to hit the button several times or hit end til the screen turns on and then unlock it. I think it's just a problem the 9700 has when running OS6.
    05-22-11 03:30 PM
    I've had that problem since upgrading to OS6. Sometimes it works fine, other times it hangs and I have to hit the button several times or hit end til the screen turns on and then unlock it. I think it's just a problem the 9700 has when running OS6.
    thats the same problem i am having, it will work perfectly sometimes, then sometimes it requires multiple taps on the button for it to work
    05-22-11 04:41 PM
    So what I was trying to say is I think the only way to solve the problem is going back to OS5. It's not a hardware malfunction, it's the 9700 having issues running an OS it wasn't designed to run.

Slice Bread likes this.
    05-22-11 04:52 PM
    So what I was trying to say is I think the only way to solve the problem is going back to OS5. It's not a hardware malfunction, it's the 9700 having issues running an OS it wasn't designed to run.

did that work for you?
    05-22-11 05:34 PM
    Haven't tried it- I like OS6 too much to go back. I'm about to install the new 6.0.0.576 and see if it makes a difference.

05-22-11 05:43 PM
    Haven't tried it- I like OS6 too much to go back. I'm about to install the new 6.0.0.576 and see if it makes a difference.

well it seems you were right, i downgraged to OS 5.0.0.423 and both top buttons are working as they should. I am gonna upgrade back to OS 6 in a bit though
    05-22-11 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD