I think right now all other android tablets, no one seems to care about and apple fanboys are not out there attacking them. But for some reason they are attacking PB's. I know a lot of apple iPad users have both devices and don't care, but the really hardcore user, all I see is they are all in denial.

Why would people attack PB? Because it is a potential threat to them.

Where I got this info? Well I am not going to link to the dozens of articles right now, but over past month, this is what I constantly saw.

Billy-X likes this.
    05-20-11 10:51 AM
    at times it seems like the android fans and the apple fans are even teaming up against the PB.

however, if youre an apple fan, it looks like everyones always hating on your choice of product. if youre an android fan, it looks like everyone is always hating on your choice of product. etc etc
    05-20-11 10:55 AM
    I think right now all other android tablets, no one seems to care about and apple fanboys are not out there attacking them. But for some reason they are attacking PB's. I know a lot of apple iPad users have both devices and don't care, but the really hardcore user, all I see is they are all in denial.

Why would people attack PB? Because it is a potential threat to them.

Where I got this info? Well I am not going to link to the dozens of articles right now, but over past month, this is what I constantly saw.

The problem here is that on the one hand you don't trust the judgment of the so called "fanboys," yet at the same time you seem to hold up their supposed belief that the PlayBook is a "threat" as meaningful. In other words, if your opinion is that these people are irrational, then what's the significance of their worries? How can their concerns be trusted?
    05-20-11 11:06 AM
    I'm glad you posted this. We certainly couldn't contain the conversation to this thread here.
    05-20-11 11:07 AM
    Apple = nazis. Always will be.
    No offense, but either a) you don't understand what the nazis did and who they were, or b) you believe controlling devices is equivalent to slaughtering people. Neither explanation is acceptable.
    05-20-11 11:08 AM
    Ipad 1 is twice as good as the playbook. It doesn't even compare to the Ipad 2.
    05-20-11 11:20 AM
    No offense, but either a) you don't understand what the nazis did and who they were, or b) you believe controlling devices is equivalent to slaughtering people. Neither explanation is acceptable.
    i wouldn't put that way, but before they started slaughtering people, Hitler somehow convinced people to go to war.. only towards the end of war people were anti-war..
    05-20-11 11:21 AM
    Here we go... The topic is not that iPad is better (which it is now).
    05-20-11 11:22 AM
    I have both and like both and don't hold allegiance to either. I currently think the iPad 2 is the better tablet because it is more mature.

But the opposite also holds true here in this forum. BB Fanboys are just as bad as Apple's. But since this is a Blackberry Forum its ok, just like its ok to be an Apple fanboy in an Apple forum.

Why these stupid threads keep getting created is beyond me.
    raremage and Rainforrest like this.
    05-20-11 11:32 AM
    i wouldn't put that way, but before they started slaughtering people, Hitler somehow convinced people to go to war.. only towards the end of war people were anti-war..
    Ah. So we're comparing a fascist, murderous dictator with a guy who sells computers and cell phones. Got it.
    05-20-11 11:36 AM
    Who cares, tomorrow is the Judgment Day!
    Let's see on which tablet Moise is going to receive the 12 new commandments
    Xoom, Ipad or PB, and then we could say which one is better than an other

Last edited by SuperDuckWC; 05-20-11 at 11:49 AM.
    05-20-11 11:38 AM
    Seriously? Your product is named after a feminine care product.
    I've used the iPad and am not going to claim it's a bad product. It's not a bad product. It's an amazing product for those who use the iPhone and other Apple products and are thus constrained to what Apple will let them do and not to what they 'could' do.
    It's pretty bad when iPhone users dread updates because they have to wait for a Jailbreak to let them do the things that 'want' to do.
    You're basically allowing yourself to dig a deeper hole into the Apple money pit.
    For the users who believe in a true 'open' mobile experience the iPad and iPhone are behind the curve.
    I've owned the 3G and 3Gs and didn't use either of the two for more than 6 months before going to Bold after the 3G and then Android after the 3Gs.
    While yes, the iPhone is a much more stable OS than Android, it's the furthest thing from a complete mobile experience. I'm sure the same goes for iPad.
    At my job the majority of people working in the same field as me are younger and 4 of us have the Droid X and many others have different Android devices and the majority of people with iPhones are older. I believe more tech savvy people are going to turn to open platforms, whereas the general consumer is more likely to buy an iPhone/iPad as their first smartphone/Tablet or more likely to get convinced into upgrading to one.
    iPad is only better to those who don't know better.

I usually don't get aggressive like this but I have an overwhelmingly large hate for Apple after purchasing their products and being continuously disappointed.
    Last edited by FTWrath; 05-20-11 at 11:46 AM.
    05-20-11 11:43 AM
    Instead of offering some nebulous post like this - can you tell us why?
    05-20-11 11:43 AM
    let's see... can iPad 1 or 2 do Flash animation in the true sense of Flash animation? That would be a "NO"

Can the iPad 1 or 2 do true multi-tasking? That would be a "NO"

Can the iPad 1 or 2 fit comfortably in your hands? That would be a "NO"

Can the iPad 1 or 2 claim that they will be able to run all Android apps? That would be a "NO"

need I say more?
    05-20-11 11:58 AM
    Your extreme and obviously bias fanboy opinions matter here in the BB Forum why??

Since you're posting this we can then assume that it's true the Apple Fanboys are seeing PB as a threat and have decided to troll these forums to spread their apple slanted negativity...

Perhaps you need to supply more information instead of making sweeping statements like this, that the iPad1 is good and that PB doesn't compare to an iPad2... seriously dude you're totally losing credibitlity here (if you even had any to begin with).
    05-20-11 12:11 PM
    Instead of offering some nebulous post like this - can you tell us why?
    Its easy google the apps that Ipad launched with. It had Itunes for movies, could use iphone apps to fill any gap, It basically took everything good about IOS and implemented it into the product.
    Look at the apps on it now and how they function, they are beautiful. It functions almost flawlessly. Sure it doesn't have flash, but flash actually sucks on mobil devices. I own a Samsung Galaxy s2 and only use flash when I need it. Its unstable, slow, malicious, and I think apple is right to fight it.
    RIM has two great things going for it one is BBM and the other is email, neither of them are currently on the Playbook. The OS on the playbook is nice and user friendly but it is slow, clunky, and almost unusable. Other than the facebook app(facebook website works better) there are non that really throw you back in your seat in awe, not a single one. RIM released this thing with zero good apps. No twitter, no hulu, no netflix, nothing.
    I want the Playbook to be successful, but its really hard to see any benefit that it has over the Ipad. And you can call it whatever name you want or argue against it. It still doesn't change the fact that it sells more products in a weekend than playbooks have sold to date. I really love tech, but this tablet doesn't compare, although I think it can be better.
    05-20-11 12:22 PM
    Your extreme and obviously bias fanboy opinions matter here in the BB Forum why??

Since you're posting this we can then assume that it's true the Apple Fanboys are seeing PB as a threat and have decided to troll these forums to spread their apple slanted negativity...

Perhaps you need to supply more information instead of making sweeping statements like this, that the iPad1 is good and that PB doesn't compare to an iPad2... seriously dude you're totally losing credibitlity here (if you even had any to begin with).
    Come on guy I have been on this site for almost as long as you have. Anyone who uses the Fanboy or any other geek term is just trolling. Jump out of your blackberry skin take a look from the outside and maybe you will see the truth. My statement could be considered fact, just look at the numbers.

let's see... can iPad 1 or 2 do Flash animation in the true sense of Flash animation? That would be a "NO"

Can the iPad 1 or 2 do true multi-tasking? That would be a "NO"

Can the iPad 1 or 2 fit comfortably in your hands? That would be a "NO"

Can the iPad 1 or 2 claim that they will be able to run all Android apps? That would be a "NO"

need I say more?
    Can the playbook alert you to emails no can the ipad and honeycomb yes

Can the Playbook show you your schedule no everything else yes

Can the playbook claim to run all the android apps? no

They're is a lot more you have to say to get people to buy this thing and get developers to write programs for it. Right now its a sub-par netbook with incomplete software.
    Last edited by falconeight; 05-20-11 at 12:28 PM.
    05-20-11 12:25 PM
    Its easy google the apps that Ipad launched with. It had Itunes for movies, could use iphone apps to fill any gap, It basically took everything good about IOS and implemented it into the product.
    Look at the apps on it now and how they function, they are beautiful. It functions almost flawlessly. Sure it doesn't have flash, but flash actually sucks on mobil devices. I own a Samsung Galaxy s2 and only use flash when I need it. Its unstable, slow, malicious, and I think apple is right to fight it.
    RIM has two great things going for it one is BBM and the other is email, neither of them are currently on the Playbook. The OS on the playbook is nice and user friendly but it is slow, clunky, and almost unusable. Other than the facebook app(facebook website works better) there are non that really throw you back in your seat in awe, not a single one. RIM released this thing with zero good apps. No twitter, no hulu, no netflix, nothing.
    I want the Playbook to be successful, but its really hard to see any benefit that it has over the Ipad. And you can call it whatever name you want or argue against it. It still doesn't change the fact that it sells more products in a weekend than playbooks have sold to date. I really love tech, but this tablet doesn't compare, although I think it can be better.
    Quicktime and iTunes is the worst software I installed on my PCs. I gave iTunes several chances 2-3 years back. First iTunes/Quicktime was not optimized for Microsoft/Intel CPUs, so all the itunes H264 videos lagged and were slow. 2nd iTunes was the slowest software on my computer. 3rd I am a windows person, I go back to DOS. I like to have access to file systems without restrictions. When I bought iPod Touch, to get things manually into audio playlists without iTunes was a nightmare. Everytime we used iTunes, it took my wife sometime up to a whole hour to synch music/videos.

All she wanted is to add 10 songs... massively waste of time. (I know if you know how to use iTunes, eventually you can figure out. But she comes from a windows background (copy and paste).

Another thing, itunes/quicktime pre-loaded bunch of crap when windows started, it felt like a virus.

Other than itunes, apple devices are easy to use.
    05-20-11 12:31 PM
    Quicktime and iTunes is the worst software I installed on my PCs. I gave iTunes several chances 2-3 years back. First iTunes/Quicktime was not optimized for Microsoft/Intel CPUs, so all the itunes H264 videos lagged and were slow. 2nd iTunes was the slowest software on my computer. 3rd I am a windows person, I go back to DOS. I like to have access to file systems without restrictions. When I bought iPod Touch, to get things manually into audio playlists without iTunes was a nightmare. Everytime we used iTunes, it took my wife sometime up to a whole hour to synch music/videos.

All she wanted is to add 10 songs... massively waste of time. (I know if you know how to use iTunes, eventually you can figure out. But she comes from a windows background (copy and paste).

Another thing, itunes/quicktime pre-loaded bunch of crap when windows started, it felt like a virus.

Other than itunes, apple devices are easy to use.
    Thats fine that you don't like it it still doesn't change the fact that if I want to watch a movie on my ipad I can rent it or download it and I could do it from day one. If I wanted a song I could download it. Windows is delivered slow and terrible.
    05-20-11 12:33 PM
    Come on guy I have been on this site for almost as long as you have. Anyone who uses the Fanboy or any other geek term is just trolling. Jump out of your blackberry skin take a look from the outside and maybe you will see the truth. My statement could be considered fact, just look at the numbers.

Can the playbook alert you to emails no can the ipad and honeycomb yes

Yes, with my bridge, I get them all day

Can the Playbook show you your schedule no everything else yes

Yes of course, notifications, alerts I get all that with bridge.

Can the playbook claim to run all the android apps? no

I don't have an android phone or tablet, so what do I care?

They're is a lot more you have to say to get people to buy this thing and get developers to write programs for it. Right now its a sub-par netbook with incomplete software.
    Answers above. Obviously you haven't tried bridge before, but this is how it works. On setup, when you power up your pb, you set up bridge using a barcode, PB saves the info. Now as long as the BB is within 30 feet, PB will get notifications. As you step out 30 feet and come back, all notifications resume. Restarting PB or restarting blackberry phone also doesn't disconnect the profile.The PB is like an extension to the bb phone, as long as you keep it within range, you will get everything.
    Last edited by slingxshot; 05-20-11 at 12:37 PM.
    05-20-11 12:33 PM
    I love streaming hockey games and viewing them on a display that it the next best thing to actually being there. I thoroughly enjoy typing this post with my thumbs in portrait mode. The PB browser is so powerful that it really does eliminate the need for many apps. Gotta go. My red glowing upper left corner has just informed me that I've got an email or two to answer.
    05-20-11 12:37 PM
    Answers above. Obviously you haven't tried bridge before, but this is how it works. On setup, when you power up your pb, you set up bridge using a barcode, PB saves the info. Now as long as the BB is within 30 feet, PB will get notifications. As you step out 30 feet and come back, all notifications resume. Restarting PB or restarting blackberry phone also doesn't disconnect the profile.The PB is like an extension to the bb phone, as long as you keep it within range, you will get everything.
    I don't need an iphone to get email on my ipad.

I don't need a android phone to get email on my Galaxy tab.

My Ipad's, Mac's, Android's calendar all update together.
    howarmat likes this.
    05-20-11 12:39 PM
    Thats fine that you don't like it it still doesn't change the fact that if I want to watch a movie on my ipad I can rent it or download it and I could do it from day one. If I wanted a song I could download it. Windows is delivered slow and terrible.
    Oh man... this is not gonna end is it?

Windows 7 64 bit paired with quad core processor and SSDs, this thing flies. My windows boots in less than 15 seconds. Even my wife's Windows 7 on her regular HD still flies. MS finally did a great job on an OS, this is far the best OS I have ever used.
    05-20-11 12:40 PM
    Can we please not do this again?
    05-20-11 12:40 PM
    I think its great if you like the playbook its a great piece of hardware. I think it will fail though. RIM needs a new boss, someone with better vision, and ready to roll the dice.
    05-20-11 12:43 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD