A week ago we got this OS for 9800 and what I can say is I'm happy with it till now. Its time for 9780 to this one and tell us their findings.

Download from:

JAsia
    Fileserve

Multilanguage (I just leaked this one)
    FileServe

Email application update attached with alx. Unzip, discard the jad, unless installing from your SD card, copy/paste the cod in your OS Java folder and the alx file in your main OS folder. It contains the jad, for those who already installed the leak.
    Last edited by rroyy; 07-16-11 at 09:08 AM.
    05-20-11 04:21 AM
    this is the original post.
    05-20-11 04:49 AM
    This is not stealing and w/ your thread we can only download OSs w/ these ones we can write our findings. There must be seperate threads for each OS for other users to read device specific comments and findings
    rroyy likes this.
    05-20-11 05:09 AM
    05-20-11 05:11 AM
    05-20-11 05:17 AM
    thread comes back you can post findins on officil post
    05-20-11 08:34 AM
    hi anybody can tell me wads the difference from .546? thks
    05-20-11 09:30 AM
    Any difference?
    05-20-11 10:56 AM
    Multilanguage one added!
    05-20-11 12:40 PM
    Anyone else having issues installing the OS to your computer? Gives me an error saying to ensure the log file location existed and is write-able...
    05-20-11 12:52 PM
    This is very intriguing to me.... But seems way to advanced!!!
    05-20-11 01:04 PM
    Just downloading but want to know if it downgrades BBM. Anyone know?
    05-20-11 01:25 PM
    Likely will...far as I know BBM 6.0 is still only in Beta zone
    05-20-11 01:34 PM
    It did. I hate that. It should just leave my BBM alone!
    05-20-11 02:09 PM
    It did. I hate that. It should just leave my BBM alone!
    If you are using beta version of native apps like facebook, BBM etc. you should shrunk the os for Facebook, BBM, etc. It will leave your current version on the phone
    05-20-11 02:13 PM
    Hey guys, if I'm just going to be using English only on the OS. Does it matter if I use the Asia one or Multi-language one?

Is less space going to taken on the device if I use one over the other?

I hope that makes sense, thanks!
    05-20-11 02:13 PM
    Hey guys, if I'm just going to be using English only on the OS. Does it matter if I use the Asia one or Multi-language one?

You can download any version if you are using English only. It makes different only on downloading time no effect for device.
    shogun. likes this.
    05-20-11 02:14 PM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    05-20-11 02:33 PM
    I don't know if 9780 will have the same bugs as 570 on other devices, but here's 2 of the most noticeable bugs with 570 and their simple fixes:

1. Coming out of Bedside Mode, BB is frozen or Trackpad won't scroll.
      *FIX: Toggle Lock key on & off, ie press the Top Left key twice to quickly Lock then Unlock.
    2. With 3rd party themes, App Screen is blank (no icons at all)
      *FIX: Click ESC key and when you return icons are restored. (Only happens once after each batt.pull/reboot/reset)
    05-20-11 02:36 PM
    It got me to update the Email Account Settings App. That probably has to do with 4.0 rolling out and not this update, but thought it was worth reporting.
    05-20-11 03:09 PM

If you only want English you should remove the other languages. You can do so by shrinking the OS with various apps (I use BBHybrid Tools) and through Apploader.
    shogun. likes this.
    05-20-11 03:12 PM
    1.) email setup app is a downgrade, you will need to update again. once i updated again, i had to retype my passwords to get emails and service books working again

2.) bbm is a downgrade (5.0.2.11) you will need to upgrade again

3.) the alarm clock in the top drop down menu is still mis-aligned

4.) radio file is upgraded to 6.6.0.212
    05-20-11 03:44 PM
    1.) email setup app is a downgrade, you will need to update again. once i updated again, i had to retype my passwords to get emails and service books working again

Shrink BBM next time before updating It will let your current version on the phone
    05-20-11 04:21 PM

I just added the email application update, including a jad in the first post.
    05-20-11 04:43 PM
    don't see any charging indication whatsoever while phn ON.
    05-20-11 05:45 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD