so yea title pretty much says it all, app world just received and update so RIM is doing something, maybe we'll get an update for the playbook early next week?
    05-19-11 02:43 PM
    Does this App World update like on the phones? Does it just show up as an App itself in "My World" and update itself?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-11 02:50 PM
    it shows up for me in my message folder.
    05-19-11 02:52 PM
    i didnt get any appworld update. same items as this morning. there werent even any application updates for the ones i bave installed.
    05-19-11 02:57 PM
    its version 2.0.2.15
    05-19-11 03:00 PM
    so yea title pretty much says it all, app world just received and update so RIM is doing something, maybe we'll get an update for the playbook early next week?
    *sigh*

Of course RIM is doing something. But what does an update to App World on the phone have to do with an OS update on the PlayBook? I'll go ahead an answer that for you: nothing.

There is an update for the Twitter app making rounds (version 2) today... does that mean that because RIM is obviously doing something, the 10" PlayBook will be on store shelves tomorrow?
    trsbbs, UnifiedTechs and bquinney like this.
    05-19-11 03:01 PM
    Messages folder? Sure it wasn't App World on your phone sent through bridge? Lol.

I'm not sure what you meant by your reply, so ill rephrase my question. (I am assuming you responded you receive App World updates on your phone in your message folder, but that isn't what I was getting at.). How did you receive a notification for the Playbook App World update?

05-19-11 03:03 PM
    its version 2.0.2.15
    Huh? What is version 2.0.2.15?
    05-19-11 03:03 PM
    Messages folder? Sure it wasn't App World on your phone sent through bridge? Lol.

I'm not sure what you meant by your reply, so ill rephrase my question. (I am assuming you responded you receive App World updates on your phone in your message folder, but that isn't what I was getting at.). How did you receive a notification for the Playbook App World update?

oh i was talking about app world for the phone, not the playbook lol - iwas getting at maybe since its updating for the phone, there will be an update for the playbook shortly.
    05-19-11 03:08 PM
    App World didn't just update to 2.0.2.15. App World is currently sitting at 2.1.1.2. You got an update for some other app, and it has no bearing on OS updates for the PlayBook.
    05-19-11 03:10 PM
    sorry my finger hit the wrong key, its 2.1.2.15

picture of desktop manager for proof, and i wasn't saying it had a bearing on OS updates, i said maybe.

05-19-11 03:16 PM
    Good. So we have finally nailed down that App World is being updated, on the phone, to version 2.1.2.15. Now that we have that settled, this still has nothing to do with OS updates on the PlayBook. The updates are coming. Just be patient.
    05-19-11 03:19 PM
    oh i was talking about app world for the phone, not the playbook lol - iwas getting at maybe since its updating for the phone, there will be an update for the playbook shortly.
    maybe since it's updating for the phone there will be an update for the playbook, and maybe since there will be an update for the playbook there will be an update to all of RIM's file servers, and maybe since there will be an update to RIM's file servers there will be an update to all of NASA's servers, and maybe since there will be an update to NASA's servers there will be an update to the OS running on the International Space Station, and maybe this will cause space exploration to advance so rapidly that all of Earth's population will be living on Mars in 2 years!
    05-19-11 03:25 PM
    Mars. Cool.
    05-19-11 03:27 PM
    QNX in space!

05-19-11 03:40 PM
    maybe since it's updating for the phone there will be an update for the playbook, and maybe since there will be an update for the playbook there will be an update to all of RIM's file servers, and maybe since there will be an update to RIM's file servers there will be an update to all of NASA's servers, and maybe since there will be an update to NASA's servers there will be an update to the OS running on the International Space Station, and maybe this will cause space exploration to advance so rapidly that all of Earth's population will be living on Mars in 2 years!
    To get this forum back on a PB topic....Will our Playbook GPS work on Mars?
    05-19-11 04:24 PM
    Yes, I have a home up there and I found my address on the GPS map.
    05-19-11 05:50 PM
    To get this forum back on a PB topic....Will our Playbook GPS work on Mars?
    Surely once we get gps satellites rotating around it and mars geography(topography) fully uncovered!
    05-19-11 06:34 PM
    my app world is dead! click on the icon, it opens up but there is nothing there!! yes just a purple screen with nothing in it. anybody has seen that before?
    cheers,
    George
    05-19-11 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD