Just got an email response from TuneIn - they are making a version for PB!

I'm really excited about this...mainly cuz I use it almost everyday!

Thought i'd let you all know!
    JPMorgan_, Felix1, orenzai and 9 others like this.
    05-19-11 02:35 PM
    sweeeet cant wait great app
    05-19-11 02:37 PM
    Awesome! Jus what I needed! I use it on my fone daily!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    MTL likes this.
    05-19-11 05:21 PM
    They had one previously on PB app world but pulled it because of some problems.
    05-19-11 06:09 PM
    Just got this back from them.

I wonder, how soon is very very soon

Hello Shaun

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. It was already released, but then taken off the market to fix all the bugs in it. We do not have a scheduled re-release date, but we anticipate it to be very, very soon. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Derek
    TuneIn (formerly RadioTime)
    bounce007 likes this.
    05-20-11 09:18 PM
    Why not just use the browser and go to TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations ?
    cafemag likes this.
    05-20-11 11:11 PM
    Go to the browser, open another tab, continue to browse. You will see why we need the app.
    spatialmongrel likes this.
    05-20-11 11:34 PM
    sweet, i use it as my alarm
    05-21-11 02:07 AM
    how do you set the alarm?
    05-21-11 10:19 AM
    how do you set the alarm?
    I think the poster meant on the version for your phone as the Playbook version has yet to be released

On my BB 9780, using TuneIN Radio 2.1, click on "settings", then click on "set alarm". You can then enable the program to come on at a certain time and specifify which radio station you would like to listen to.

I pray this feature is incorporated into the Playbook version whenever that finally comes out.
    MTL likes this.
    05-21-11 12:33 PM
    Anyone heard anymore word on this? Whatever the issue was it must be causing some trouble trying to get round it
    06-08-11 11:19 PM
    Anyone heard anymore word on this? Whatever the issue was it must be causing some trouble trying to get round it
    Things have been suspiciously quiet regarding this app. There was an individual from TuneIn who posted on here, roughly a week after the Playbook was released, that the app was ready, pulled in order to correct some stuff, and then would be coming out. After that, the individual hasn't posted any updates and there are none on the official website.

I'm guessing (I have no proof to be crystal clear) that it wasn't a simple fix and that there is either something really wrong with the app that is being worked on. Or, worst case scenario, it is not coming out at all - the longer this goes on, the more I'm in this camp sadly. I really hope I am wrong as this app is one of the key apps I have on my blackberry phone.
    06-09-11 12:08 AM
    Come on Tunein. Any news of the app for the PB?
    I have bought the PRO Version for my BOLD9000 and also for my 9800, and my wifes 9800.

Please let us know what's happening

Cheers
    09-21-11 11:37 AM
    i got tired of waiting for tunein. Nobex is on playbook now. Give it a try. It's free.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    09-21-11 11:58 AM
    TuneIn is a lot more flexible than Nobex as it allows custom streams, last time I checked Nobex didn't.

Any music streamer than can stream mp3/aac/ogg/wma would be greatly and warmly welcomed.

Along with ac3 support in the native video player ! Last time I checked the decoder was completely opensource so come on RIM !
    09-21-11 12:38 PM
    i got tired of waiting for tunein. Nobex is on playbook now. Give it a try. It's free.
    I'm like you in that I got tired of waiting for TuneIn to release an app. It's funny that they produced a WebOS app, which is now dead, but apparently can't get around to doing one for the Playbook.

Oh well. What I primarily use now is the Shoutcast directory through the web browser. Works perfectly, loads smoothly, and you can find just about anything on there from around the world. And now that you can stream audio in a tab while surfing in another tab, this has really started to work out well.
    09-21-11 07:17 PM
    TuneIn is a lot more flexible than Nobex as it allows custom streams, last time I checked Nobex didn't.

Any music streamer than can stream mp3/aac/ogg/wma would be greatly and warmly welcomed.

Along with ac3 support in the native video player ! Last time I checked the decoder was completely opensource so come on RIM !
    Have you tried SonicAir?? You can stream any format and it decodes on the fly.
    09-27-11 03:48 AM
    I'm like you in that I got tired of waiting for TuneIn to release an app. It's funny that they produced a WebOS app, which is now dead, but apparently can't get around to doing one for the Playbook.

Oh well. What I primarily use now is the Shoutcast directory through the web browser. Works perfectly, loads smoothly, and you can find just about anything on there from around the world. And now that you can stream audio in a tab while surfing in another tab, this has really started to work out well.
    The app they made for WebOS isn't that great though... It's a resource hog (like everything WebOS) and doesn't play many of the streams I use.

Perhaps when the NDK is released they'll make a version for the PB.
    09-27-11 08:56 PM
    Here is an email I got from Tunein about the Playbook App.

"Hello xxxx-

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. We created an app for the Playbook several months ago and Blackberry put it on hold pending an upgrade to their OS.

Sincerely,

Xxxxx
    TuneIn "

Names omitted on purpose
    09-29-11 01:25 PM
    Here is an email I got from Tunein about the Playbook App.

"Hello xxxx-

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. We created an app for the Playbook several months ago and Blackberry put it on hold pending an upgrade to their OS.

Sincerely,

Xxxxx
    TuneIn "

Names omitted on purpose
    Wow, now that is interesting. I think that it's a safe assumption that the new OS is not going to render existing apps obsolete so why would RIM do this? Weird. Regardless, cannot wait for OS v2.
    slalom likes this.
    09-29-11 01:31 PM
    Wow, now that is interesting. I think that it's a safe assumption that the new OS is not going to render existing apps obsolete so why would RIM do this? Weird. Regardless, cannot wait for OS v2.
    My thoughts exactly. Personally, I find the whole letter odd. Why would RIM be holding onto the app to wait until the new OS is released? What makes this particular app unique that it would not run, as is implied by this statement, with the existing OS. Also raises another question - are there other apps that have been submitted to which RIM is holding onto until the new OS is released?

Strange times.
    09-29-11 01:42 PM
    I would hazard a guess that it's something to do with the way that TuneIn hooks into the native player/codecs on the system to play back streams.

Maybe they couldn't get much joy so they bundled their own codecs into the app to play back the streams and RIM paused it until the new OS comes out with more underlying support for internet streaming codecs.
    09-29-11 07:06 PM
    TuneIN would be great!!!!
    09-30-11 08:38 AM
    greeeat i love tunein radio
    10-07-11 12:56 AM
    ....hmmm...awfully quiet in this thread....any news on TunIn for PB, or should we just give up?
    12-19-11 12:21 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD