No doubt bold 9900 is one of the best device RIM has to offer. But it'd have been even better if RIM has done few things here & there to their current design:

1)Notification Led: Why they come up with this generic round-shaped notification led? I thought vertical big notification led is the trade-mark of BB.
    2)Track pad panel: Why it is made up of single strap? Ergonomically, its much better & make sense if there's divider on each buttons.
    3)Speaker Grill: Where is the speaker grill? Wish RIM had used those stereo speaker from Bold 9000 series.
    4)All white: Why "call & end" menu are in white color? Much better with Green, Red & numbers in Red.
    5)Battery: Why 1230 mah battery in bold line? I know rim never disappoint us with battery life�.and may be battery life is much better than in 9780��but it�s a psychological thing�.you always have this back in your mind that it's packed with weaker battery.

For me UPGRADE means��.Everything should be better, bigger, lighter or same(if not possible) than its predecessors.
    05-18-11 08:07 PM
    im sorry to say but rim is not going satisfy your needs. the design and specs are final. if you are not satisfied, get something else.thats all.
    05-18-11 08:15 PM
    Well... I like to see more advanced BBs too. But if you're like me, who hooked on the physical keyboard, then it is a love and hate with RIM. I hate low end BlackBerries compared to high end phones, but I don't want to kiss Apple CEO's a-s-s by buying an iPhone and type on glass.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 08:27 PM
    This is all subjective. All these things would have made the device better... for you. I agree with some of your points and disagree with some, but we can't say for sure whether any of this would have made the device objectively better. The only grey area is the battery. Better specs would have been nice, but hey, if they say it's been optimized to run equal to or longer than the life of the 9780, and this holds true, then it is either sufficient or an upgrade. If you're fixated on the 1230 mah number and not the actual performance, that sounds like a personal issue.
    05-19-11 12:52 AM
    I've read in other threads that the battery life will be okay. With the new hardware they have been able to get better battery managment so they figure they don't need a bigger battery. I don't think they would comprimise their reputation of good battery life on this one.

As for your other points? I have no idea

05-19-11 12:59 AM
    Here's my thoughts/response..

1) Doesn't bother me.
    2) Agreed (although I've never used a 9800).
    3) Let's wait til we hear it on the 99XX before passing judgement.
    4) Disagree. I actually like the all white characters and symbols.
    5) Agreed. It might have better battery management, but 1230mah still sounds disconcerting. Like others have said though, that's the price we pay for owning a slimmer device. I don't imagine that battery life in the 99XX will be improved over existing devices.

My main issue with the 99XX, albeit it a minor one, is the design of the back. Surely they could have come up with something better than that dull matte plastic/carbon fibre combination. I'm all for change and understand that some didn't like the plastic leather on previous Bolds, but this is a weak attempt at redesign in my opinion.
    05-19-11 02:21 AM
    Sweet, another "I wish RIM would have done this" thread. Cant get enough of em.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    05-19-11 04:30 AM
    1) worries me as well, has always worried me since we've all seen the first pics of the new bold

4) ....... im glad they got rid of the green/red buttons
    5) worries me too
    05-19-11 06:42 AM
    1)Agreed. But I guess I can live with it.
    2)It works. Just be happy it works.
    3)I do too. But maybe they lacked the space?
    4)I think its pretty. Minimalism is winning.
    5)I'm certain there will be extended batteries.

05-19-11 06:47 AM
    No doubt bold 9900 is one of the best device RIM has to offer. But it'd have been even better if RIM has done few things here & there to their current design:

1)Notification Led: Why they come up with this generic round-shaped notification led? I thought vertical big notification led is the trade-mark of BB.
    2)Track pad panel: Why it is made up of single strap? Ergonomically, its much better & make sense if there's divider on each buttons.
    3)Speaker Grill: Where is the speaker grill? Wish RIM had used those stereo speaker from Bold 9000 series.
    4)All white: Why "call & end" menu are in white color? Much better with Green, Red & numbers in Red.
    5)Battery: Why 1230 mah battery in bold line? I know rim never disappoint us with battery life�.and may be battery life is much better than in 9780��but it�s a psychological thing�.you always have this back in your mind that it's packed with weaker battery.

For me UPGRADE means��.Everything should be better, bigger, lighter or same(if not possible) than its predecessors.
    1) Agreed but can live with it
    2) No big deal to me
    3) Being a Bold 9000 user, I agree, but lets see how it sounds when it is released
    4) I would prefer color on that and the numbers on the keyboard, but simplicity isn't so bad.
    5) Agreed

All in all, we have to really wait and see how it is when it is finally released to the public. There will always be something about everything that someone doesn't like. No one can satisfy everyone.
    05-19-11 01:34 PM
    Most of what you don't like isn't totally new either. The "single strap" buttons come from the Curve 85xx/3G as well as the round LED (Curve 3G & Torch). The all white buttons give the device a sleeker look as opposed to the green/red buttons (again a matter of preference). We're told the battery will be just fine and comparable to the current Bold 9780, but again we'll have to wait on that one to see for sure.
    05-19-11 01:44 PM
    Isn't the battery a different series of batteries and is in fact "upgraded" not only is size but also its discharge capacity is better than what we currently have?

05-19-11 01:48 PM
    Yeah 1, 2 & 4 bother me too but what about losing the left convenience key like the Torch did? I don't like this at all. I mean, it's called a "convenience key" for a reason and I have my right one dedicated to the Camera and my left one I change up and use all the time!
    05-19-11 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD