I recently upgraded my ATT 9700 to ATT's official os6. Now I quite frequently have a spinning clock issue, it takes forever sometimes to come out of sleep mode and my battery life is terrible. I Tried new battery and it is just as bad as the first. Thanks for any advice.
    05-18-11 04:27 PM
    OS6 is really heavy on the 9700 when not shrunk, causing some performance issues sometimes. My advice would be to use a shrinking app, such as BBHybrids Tool or BB Boss (both of which can be found here on CB with a quick forums search). Download your desired OS on your computer, as you don't absolutely have to stick with AT&T's release if you don't want to, install it, and then shrink it with one of the mentioned apps.
    granthatchett likes this.
    05-18-11 04:32 PM
    It's definitely not your battery. That's pretty common with OS6 on the 9700. I too installed the AT&T released update. Switched back to OS5 after a day. Battery and memory drains were ridiculous. I tried shrinking through BB Boss but it didn't help much. The 9700's just don't have enough memory to run it well. Some people it seems have had success with it. I'm not sure what the difference is, but it seems a lot have had problems similar to us. People have seemed to have better luck with a leaked version rather than what AT&T released. I'm just gonna leave it until I upgrade in July.
    granthatchett likes this.
    05-18-11 06:27 PM
    I think I will try to shrink it since I do like the OS a lot. Thanks Guys.
    05-18-11 10:32 PM
    My 9700 is completely fine with os6?!
    05-18-11 10:38 PM
    OS 6.0 is garbage for the att upgrade when i did the upgrade i went to email accounts to update my signature and i was prompted to download a updated email accounts bundle in doing so i received the blackberry boot screen and cant get past it! this has happened to 2 9700's and im just about ready to head for the iphone... so long bbm
    05-18-11 10:54 PM
    I have been running OS 6 on my device since November 2010 without any issues. However, I use BB Boss to shrink the OS, and I have not used the official AT&T release. I never install OTA upgrades, and I never use DM to upgrade my OS.
    05-18-11 11:01 PM
    I recently upgraded my ATT 9700 to ATT's official os6. Now I quite frequently have a spinning clock issue, it takes forever sometimes to come out of sleep mode and my battery life is terrible. I Tried new battery and it is just as bad as the first. Thanks for any advice.
    Go to Options>Device>Application Management and scroll to the CPU screen. Wait ten seconds. Is the Phone module consuming nearly 100% of your CPU?
    05-19-11 08:08 AM
    how do i switch back to os5? can't stand os6 for all the reasons stated above...
    05-19-11 08:37 AM
    how do i switch back to os5?
    The same way you updated to OS6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-11 08:49 AM
    how do i switch back to os5? can't stand os6 for all the reasons stated above...
    Do a search on 6.0.0.480. Install. Be happy.
    05-19-11 11:25 AM
    Same issue here, man... I didn't have this issue on early builds of OS6. Getting tempted to go back if .576 doesn't help
    05-20-11 04:19 PM
    Same issue here, man... I didn't have this issue on early builds of OS6. Getting tempted to go back if .576 doesn't help
    I loaded .576 a couple of hours ago and no sign of the Phone CPU problem so far.
    05-20-11 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD