Having continual bridge messaging open for the past week I can see ghost image of the screen layout when i switch apps. Anyone else seeing that?
    05-18-11 04:25 PM
    Screen burn in shouldnt be possible (at least as one conventionally thinks about screen burn in- with the old CRTs). I have not observed any screen burn in.
    05-18-11 04:35 PM
    Image persistence, not burn in. Put up a white image on the screen (or search for calab.lcd in appworld).
    05-18-11 05:10 PM
    I'm pretty sure LCD cannot have burn in. CRT, plasma and AMOLED all suffer from it but the PB uses an LCD.
    Symeonify likes this.
    05-18-11 06:04 PM
    I'm pretty sure LCD cannot have burn in. CRT, plasma and AMOLED all suffer from it but the PB uses an LCD.
    The person above you explained.

It can happen, my LCD has the clear outline of a tree from my background that I left on with no screen saver for months. Currently have a pure white background to see if I can fade it out some before enabling my power settings to shut monitor off when not in use again.
    scorn242 likes this.
    05-18-11 07:40 PM
    Well, I am not sure about everyone else but my PB has some type of burn in. The line that displays Blackberry Playbook when it boots up still shows a gray shadow of the sort on tha screen all the time. I am downloading screen helper lite from App World and hope these are not dead pixels.
    09-21-11 09:36 PM
    I accidentally left the YouTube App open for most of the day and it burned in. It took hours for it to come out.

I thought it was weird also.
    09-21-11 09:50 PM
    fix: dont do that ..
    09-21-11 09:56 PM
    To those saying "can't happen with LCDs": best go and actually research that claim before making it. I used to think the same.... (also my crappy old HTC Dream has a very crisp afterimage of the screen contents at startup burned into it, since it stayed on that screen for some months at one time...)
    09-21-11 10:14 PM
    That's why "screensaver" was invented.
    To protect the screen/monitor from 'screen burnt'
    09-21-11 10:51 PM
    I've got the same issue...except I notice it after 2 - 3 hrs of use (and the screen times out as it should). It went away using Screen Helper app, but this shouldn't be happening!

Anyone else experience it? Anyone have it so bad that it doesn't go away?
    09-26-11 06:53 AM
    That's why "screensaver" was invented.
    To protect the screen/monitor from 'screen burnt'
    Now this is new to me. screen saver for my computer it is!
    09-26-11 07:58 AM
    "Image Retention" can happen on LCD screens. You can prevent it very easily.

• Change you background image on a regular basis
    • Keep the brightness level low, only bump it up when required
    • Make the timeout on the unit going to stand by short, like 90 seconds
    • Take a break when playing games/apps with static images

If you do get image retention, like has been previously posted, there are apps that can help. It can take time for those to go away.
    09-26-11 09:12 AM
    I have brightness low, and 90 second time out, but just got it again!

I was using it for 10 - 15 mins in conversation, so it was timing out very little.

Seems like a flaw!
    09-26-11 12:05 PM
    Guessing by the lack of responses that this really is a limited issue...probably best that I exchange the unit I have. Seems like an odd limited problem though...you'd think it would impact most playbooks.
    09-27-11 01:45 PM
    really? that's it - no one else with the problem?? time to exchange and hope it was just a faulty screen...
    09-28-11 11:09 AM
    err…exactly wht is screen burn??? i would like to know.thx
    09-28-11 08:45 PM
    hey tyler what did you finally do to solve this?

have the same issue in my 3rd playbook

currently exchanging mails with the support team hoping for a solution.
    12-19-11 12:50 AM
    sorry for bumping this thread up again but it's happening to me also and there isn't a solution in the Internet, just woke up with a grayish burned image
    01-06-12 03:50 PM
    sorry for bumping this thread up again but it's happening to me also and there isn't a solution in the Internet, just woke up with a grayish burned image
    My pb just did this tonight. I was playing "galaxy on fire 2", awesome game, had to minimize the screen, left it for about 10 mins. The minimized screen is still ghosting in the background. I tried a restart and at startup the changing bb colors did alter what I could see of the burnt image. I have shutdown the pb for the night and will check in the morning. I'm assuming it will be ok as this thread has been dead for a year. If not I'll post back!
    09-21-12 03:14 AM
    My playbook is unusable because of this issue. One day I turned it on and it had a white tint all over the screen. Playbook boot logo burnt in on the screen, and everything else gets burnt in if I leave it for longer than 1min.
    Im shipping it back though, because this should not be able to happen "just like that". It would be understandable if one left a static picture on for ages, but this issue is just random.
    09-27-12 05:36 AM
    My screen was starting to show lines and a grainy appearance like a wood pattern. After researching the issue I downloaded calab.lcd and used the white screen on full brightness. Graininess is gone and image quality is back to "like new". Will wait to see if the issues returns.
    12-14-12 09:48 AM
    I have used todays alarm clock on numerous occasions for 6-8 hrs at a time and never experienced 'screen ghosting.'
    But my brightness is never over 50%
    12-14-12 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD