05-18-11 01:12 PM
    It might be helpful to say just a little bit about what this app is and does... the title is a bit nebulous.
    05-18-11 01:52 PM
    Foodspotting its not a new app.....just new to Blackberry Platform.....BlackBerry sponsored the Foodspotting Street Food Fest at SXSW this year.....there are a few folks here who have been waiting for this to come to BlackBerry
    05-18-11 02:12 PM
    I've been waiting a long time for them to release the beta app.

The app is for sharing food pictures you've taken with options to add comments, reviews and/or location. Then other foodspotters can make comments and 'nomnom' (aka like) your post. Also, you can scan for posts/reviews near your location, by most nomnoms or latest entries. I think it was an iPhone/iPod app before they made one for Android and now Blackberry.

I love looking at the food pictures. :d

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 02:13 PM
    Heads up to anyone who is interested in testing the app, they're doing a last call for beta testers.
    05-18-11 06:42 PM
    Signed up

Posted from my Linux PC at forums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 10:54 PM
    Ditto here. I also signed up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 11:01 PM
    Beta app has been released but very buggy on my end.
    06-21-11 10:32 PM
    its absolutely unusable on my 9650.....Beautiful UI.....just not ready for prime time yet
    06-22-11 07:57 AM
    Such a disappointment! I was very enthusiastic and excited when Foodspotting said they were releasing a Blackberry app. Signed up for the beta and waited months for it, only to find it unusable on my phone. Made reports via their website and provided screenshots but never heard a word from them about any solutions to the current problems. After several weeks of checking their support forum, I deleted the app from my phone. Now I get an email from them, "We're finally at the finish line: Our app just hit the BlackBerry App World". I was so surprised to hear that since I never heard a single response to my report and others previously. Got excited again until I read the line, "The app is available for OS 6.0 or higher." Guess that's why I never heard back from them since I'm an ol' OS5 user.

For OS6 users who are interested in using the app,
    Free Foodspotting - Download Foodspotting - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    10-07-11 10:36 PM
    , "The app is available for OS 6.0 or higher." Guess that's why I never heard back from them since I'm an ol' OS5 user. [/url]
    Hm .. I can understand that developers choose to support only more recent OS versions. Especially for BlackBerry's there is so much variety it's difficult to offer support for all of them.

OS7 has been out for several months now, and everyone who wants to, should be able to afford one as of now .. And OS5 is really far too inferior to OS 6 / 7 to stick to it .. (browser alone is worth a switch).

Maybe you wanna consider a switch :P
    02-19-12 12:51 PM
    But they offered the beta to even OS5. I was contributing to the beta testing, posted errors that I encountered. The least they could have done was say they weren't developing for the OS5 any more so I wasn't left there wondering what was going on. Next thing I heard it came out officially.

I'll wait on upgrading since it's not affordable for me right now and my trusty 8520 works for everything else I need at the moment.

And I just got the 'switch'. LOL. If you mean to iPhone.. sorry no. I love the physical keyboards and I'm not a fan of the iPhone. :P
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 02-19-12 at 08:41 PM.
    02-19-12 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD