I recently had my Torch updated to the latest software, and before when I would receive texts and BBMs they would appear in the little drop down menu where the notification was shown, now with the new update it doesn't do this, I am wondering if this is because the new software or maybe a problem with my phone.
    05-18-11 12:13 PM
    What was the OS number to which you upgraded?
    05-18-11 12:30 PM
    I'm running.v6.0.0.448 it was the newest one they had for the company that they put on.
    05-18-11 12:40 PM
    maybe it can be the settings on ur phone?
    05-18-11 12:55 PM
    I haven't found anything in my settings having to do with this.
    The man at the store never used this option so he was not sure what I was talking about at first, but we both looked for maybe an option to turn it on and never found one.
    05-18-11 12:59 PM
    Actual physical battery pull?

Sounds like just a glitch in the OS. I can't recall anyone having issues with the messages window on .448

FYI. Latest official OS is 546 from Vodaphone de, and can be found in the top sticky in this section of the forums.
    05-18-11 01:03 PM
    I've tried a physical battery pull.
    I have had my carrier always updated my phone OS, I am not comfortable doing it myself, and .448 is the latest one we have available through our carrier, I get my emails, never had a text yet to try it, but my bbms don't show up. My calendar still shows up as does my weather. It's not a biggie it's just annoying.
    05-19-11 05:52 AM
    Go to BBM then press the BB button and go to options. Then scroll down to find "Show Chats In Messages Application", check that and they will now show up in the messages application as well as the dropdown. I don't think by default BBM has an option for the notification tab, I'm not 100% sure as I haven't used the stock theme in many many months.
    justineporter likes this.
    05-19-11 06:10 AM
    I will try that because I did remove it from my messages folder, that may be the problem. I just have to wait for someone to BBM me, so it might be awhile its early here.

Thank you!
    I have been looking for a nice theme but I haven't found any I like enough to use on my phone. I'm very picky.

IT WORKED, then me an my clumsy-ness clicked ignore by mistake, Oh I suck.
    Last edited by justineporter; 05-19-11 at 06:17 AM.
    05-19-11 06:14 AM
    Sent you a BBM request. just accept to test then you can erase me
    justineporter likes this.
    05-19-11 06:17 AM
    Haha yeah I received it, and then I went to hit accept and hit ignore.. Then I took it off the ignore list and it disappeared, sorry my bad.
    05-19-11 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD