Hello

I just upgraded an application on my phone this morning. Shortly after the upgrade the phone went into reboot mode. It attempts to boot and when the status bar is almost done it restarts. I have done a battery pull on the phone and that has not helped. The Blackberry support people at AT&T have said that I need to reinstall the software on my phone. This means I will lose all my contacts and applications on the phone. I am not sure how much has been backed up via smartgrd and my wirefly backup is not totally up to date.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to fix this problem without a complete reinstall?
    2. Will App world remember what applications were installed so they can be reinstalled?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    05-18-11 11:00 AM
    Try downloading BBSAK. After about 2/3s of the way try to connect and delete the APP in question.
    05-18-11 11:23 AM
    Or even try booting the phone into safe mode.
    05-18-11 11:24 AM
    Hello

How would one boot the phone in safe mode?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    05-18-11 11:30 AM
    how to boot into safe mode?
    05-18-11 11:31 AM
    Holding the Back button while the red light is on. and ten seconds after.

I never got it to work.
    05-18-11 11:33 AM
    Safe Mode does not work here.
    05-18-11 01:01 PM
    Hold the back key all the way through the boot process. it will ask you if you want to enter safe mode if this is the first time it has been put into safe mode. Then delete said app and reboot the device.
    05-18-11 01:05 PM
    2. Will App world remember what applications were installed so they can be reinstalled?
    Appworld will remember all the apps you had installed, though you may have to reinstall them again. Going into "my appworld" it will show applications that you've downloaded but don't have installed.

In some cases you may have to reenter you purchase key.
    05-18-11 01:10 PM
    Hold the back key all the way through the boot process. it will ask you if you want to enter safe mode if this is the first time it has been put into safe mode. Then delete said app and reboot the device.
    That did not work
    05-18-11 01:15 PM
    that's suck, I'm always scare of loosing my data because of a os upgrade that's why anytime that I upgrade my os, I always do a manual backup using desktop manager.

I hope you manage to get your file, I wonder if the automatic backup when you are upgrading an os get deleted after the os is installed and the backup is restored, maybe there is a way to get the backup that the os upgrade did (but I'm really not sure)
    05-18-11 01:16 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me. I went to download an app from AppWorld, and before it finished downloading the phone rebooted on its own. Then it went into an endless reboot cycle. I came on Crackberry, found out how to boot the phone in safe mode, which is pull the battery, then as the red light comes on hold the back key down during the entire boot cycle, and it booted in safe mode. I was then able to go into application management, delete all of the files associated with the app I was installing, reboot and it booted fine. No problems since...
    05-18-11 02:19 PM
    How long is this boot cycle? I held the button down while the status bar moved to the right and then it restarted the process. I am wondering if I need to take this to the ATT repair center.
    05-18-11 04:10 PM
    How long does it take for safe mode to kick in?
    05-18-11 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD