Idk if its just me but trying to load nba.com on the Playbook is like trying to stream an HD video on a dialup connection. Its by far the slowest website that ive encountered to date. Anyone else experiencing this too or is it just me because I do have a pretty fast connection and every other site is loading within seconds.

EDIT: Took 50 seconds to load just the front page
    Last edited by luqman24; 05-18-11 at 12:32 AM.
    05-18-11 12:28 AM
    also, is scrolling in XDA Forum (expanded view) smooth?
    05-18-11 12:31 AM
    Crackberry is generally slower than most of the websights i normally visit, but i wouldnt say it was unbearable.
    dothadamthang likes this.
    05-18-11 12:33 AM
    Crackberry is generally slower than most of the websights i normally visit, but i wouldnt say it was unbearable.
    True but NBA.com is very very slow but once loaded scrolling is smooth. And ive also noticed that the browser slows down big time when that website is loading.
    05-18-11 12:38 AM
    I think its because the NBA website is extremely heavy. I've noticed that too and in actuality they really need to revamp it to make it a little more friendly on the eyes. They've had it the same way for years and its much too busy.
    05-18-11 06:07 AM
    I gave up loading the full crackberry site on the pb... A lot of times it would hang at 80% and/or need to be refreshed. I go to the mobile site on the pb now, its less annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 06:56 AM
    CB loads just fine for me. There's a lot of stuff to load but it goes pretty quickly.
    05-18-11 07:44 AM
    CB takes about 10 seconds to load on my PB
    05-18-11 09:05 AM
    also, is scrolling in XDA Forum (expanded view) smooth?
    xda loads fine and is smooth yes, iv got a little checkerboarding at times for sure, but i watched a video of someone on a xoom scrolling thru xda (very very slowly) and the difference is night and day

CB loads just fine for me. There's a lot of stuff to load but it goes pretty quickly.
    yup crackberry loads fine for me too
    05-18-11 09:10 AM
    Mine loads just fine also. Always check your internet connection, sometimes during heavy traffic times you will get the results you are getting.
    05-18-11 09:18 AM
    I had no problem loading NBA.com or CB. It takes all of 3 seconds (approx) for both (all) sites. I haven't experienced half of the "PROBLEMS" that I read about in these forums. I sometimes wonder if theres just a bit of exaggeration. The PlayBook is not perfect but its not as bad as some would have you to believe
    05-18-11 09:21 AM
    I had no problem loading NBA.com or CB. It takes all of 3 seconds (approx) for both (all) sites. I haven't experienced half of the "PROBLEMS" that I read about in these forums. I sometimes wonder if theres just a bit of exaggeration. The PlayBook is not perfect but its not as bad as some would have you to believe
    3 seconds? Sounds like you're pulling it from the cache...no way nba.com loads up in 3 seconds on the PB.
    05-18-11 09:39 AM
    even slow on the desktop. sometimes it gets stucked loading all the BS sites like ad sites and google
    05-18-11 09:41 AM
    3 seconds? Sounds like you're pulling it from the cache...no way nba.com loads up in 3 seconds on the PB.
    Just double checked...this time it took 4 seconds. I'm using a Linksys router(cisco)
    Last edited by spencerdl; 05-18-11 at 09:52 AM.
    05-18-11 09:50 AM
    It puzzles me also why some people are having problems with NBA.com, and especially crackberry.com.

I just tried both sites again, with Flash enabled (I normally have Flash disabled and enable it only when I need it). For CB.com, it takes maybe 10s to completely load; after 4 or 5s, I can scroll around and most content are visible -- the last 5s or so was probably to complete the loading of the Flash content. For NBA.com, it took maybe 15s. It's a heavy heavy site with lots and lots of stuff. I'm actually amazed that it comes out so nicely on the PB once everything is loaded and rendered. Scrolling was very acceptable too. Very nice.
    05-18-11 09:54 AM
    Crackberry is extremely bloated. At home on my FIOS it isn't too bad, but gets worse on slower connections.
    05-18-11 10:12 AM
    I agree that Crackberry is super slow to load on the PlayBook. The page just has too many things going on (a ton of images, videos, etc).
    05-18-11 11:04 AM
    NBA.com has been terribly slow since they switched to playoffs design, even on my laptop. It's even worse when you try to watch highlights.
    05-18-11 11:53 AM
    NBA.com has been terribly slow since they switched to playoffs design, even on my laptop. It's even worse when you try to watch highlights.
    Exactly what I'm trying to say lol

05-18-11 12:24 PM
    The header graphic at the top of Crackberry page is a huge mosaic with lots of little links and graphic elements and they all have to be sent and drawn as you bring up the page and any subsequent link.
    05-18-11 12:39 PM
    The only website that ever completely froze my playbook was Crackberry. I agree it's super slow.
    05-18-11 02:30 PM
    It's loading slow for me now on a PC at work. In the status it always seem to be waiting for the advertising parts of the site. Hey Crackberry admins, tell your add companies they are killing the sites performance!
    05-18-11 03:38 PM
    I've also noticed that CB is rather slow compared to most other sites. Has anyone tried BerryReview recently? They actually designed a PlayBook optimized version of their site and I think it works pretty well. I'm hoping CB does something similar as it is a better site, in my opinion.
    05-18-11 03:56 PM
    Yes sometimes crackberry is really slow on my laptop or desktop. There are a lot of factors involved.
    05-18-11 05:02 PM
    Generally I find official sport pages like nba slow on any device with full browser. Luckily for rim the torch browser is good but there's heaps of room to improve.

05-18-11 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD