i just got a new blackberry and i was wondering how important it is to have a good telephone number, mines a vancouver number 604-xx5-5550
    05-17-11 07:13 PM
    What exactly defines a "good" telephone number?

And why would it matter?
    05-17-11 07:17 PM
    What exactly defines a "good" telephone number?

And why would it matter?
    I assume one that is easy to remember. This could be the case especially if you are in business. The number you revealed has alot of repeating numbers so by that criteria it is "good".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 07:34 PM
    mine used to be completely random numbers before and it would be a pain in the *** to give the number out to chicks
    05-17-11 07:42 PM
    All numbers are completely random numbers. And how is any sequence of numbers more difficult than any other?
    05-17-11 07:57 PM
    I could see some numbers being easy to remember.

When I was a kid, there was an aluminum siding company with the number 421-2323. They had TV and radio commercials with a woman announcing the number as "Garfield 1-2323." I still remember that phone number.

Evidently, the company is still in business. Cleveland Ohio About Us | Garfield 12323
    Last edited by lak611; 05-17-11 at 08:04 PM.
    05-17-11 08:01 PM
    My cellphone number has been <name of popular website>50 so I use that when I heed to give it to someone verbally. Of course the letters are from the "Standard" phone keypad, not any of the BB keypads, but we all know how to dial that sort of number with a BB.
    05-17-11 10:11 PM
    I am a part of that generation that thinks easy to remember phone numbers are helpful. Looks like you got a good one. Back in the day, it was easier for reps to dig into the number inventory to get you a decent number if you wanted. At least at VZW it's not so easy anymore.
    05-17-11 11:30 PM
    I'm glad I've had my # for as long as I have. At least I don't get many callers looking for the previous holder. And I'd rather not have a number it is easy to randomly dial. But, if the number works for you,

05-17-11 11:49 PM
    I'm glad I've had my # for as long as I have. At least I don't get many callers looking for the previous holder. And I'd rather not have a number it is easy to randomly dial. But, if the number works for you,

That reminds me of when I was a kid. My parents' phone number was only one digit different from that for the Sweden House restaurant. They got calls almost every day from people who wanted to make restaurant reservations. They were overjoyed when Sweden House went out of business.
    05-17-11 11:53 PM
    That reminds me of when I was a kid. My parents' phone number was only one digit different from that for the Sweden House restaurant. They got calls almost every day from people who wanted to make restaurant reservations. They were overjoyed when Sweden House went out of business.
    What was on the menu, Swedish meatballs???

05-18-11 06:33 AM
    I had a friend whose phone number was one off of a popular Japanese restaurant, The two best responses that I heard them pull were:
    "Reservations for 2 at 8:00? I'm sorry our important customers come in than and we can't seat YOU"
    and (after a caller had listed a long order and followed it up with "Oh do you deliver?")
    "Never on the first date"

Caller #1 was probably puzzled, Caller #2 realized his mistake and aoplogized
    05-18-11 08:49 AM
    i just got a new blackberry and i was wondering how important it is to have a good telephone number, mines a vancouver number 604-xx5-5550
    That to me is a pretty decent number.
    BUT, my definition of a good number, especially if you're running a business, is one that i can spell. using a your area code.

ex : 604-GET-MAIL ( if you have a delivery/package service)
    05-18-11 09:29 AM

I've had the same number for 14 years and I still get calls for the previous owner (some guy named Rick). 2 years ago, I got a call from Rick's dad. I just laughed and said, "really, you haven't called your son in 12 years?"
    05-18-11 10:52 AM
    What was on the menu, Swedish meatballs???

I do not have a clue. We never went to the restaurant.
    05-18-11 11:01 AM
    I'm in the same boat and have had the same # for 10+ years. By this time my # has become second nature to me to remember.
    05-18-11 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD