I have a BB BIS plan and have both a Bold 9700 and an iPhone 3GS. Now, I am using unlockit.co.nz in the iPhone to change the APN settings so I can utilize the BB plan to receive/send data. My question is the following: Is there a way to do it the other way around? I ask because I have a friend that has the iPhone data plan, an iPhone and a BB and he would like to use the BB every now and then but he doesn't know how to work around the APN settings.
    05-17-11 11:42 AM
    kind of confused by the question...

try this thread, not sure if it will help your situation or not... http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/fi...fi-ftw-475732/
    05-17-11 01:56 PM
    I have a BB BIS plan and have both a Bold 9700 and an iPhone 3GS. Now, I am using unlockit.co.nz in the iPhone to change the APN settings so I can utilize the BB plan to receive/send data. My question is the following: Is there a way to do it the other way around? I ask because I have a friend that has the iPhone data plan, an iPhone and a BB and he would like to use the BB every now and then but he doesn't know how to work around the APN settings.
    If I understand you correctly your friend wants to use TCP via APN-Settings on a Berry w/o BES/BIS?
    Yes, that can be done but most Apps won't work w/o BES/BIS!
    05-17-11 02:04 PM
    kind of confused by the question...

try this thread, not sure if it will help your situation or not... http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/fi...fi-ftw-475732/
    @Tbrenn, thanks for your reply but unfortunately this is not what I'm looking for. When you have a BB data plan (my case), you can use that data plan on other phones but you have to change the APN settings on the iPhone (for example) in order to to be able to use such data plan. If you don't do it, you will be able to use only the voice portion of your plan on whatever phone that is not a BB. There are a few apps (and possibly a hack or two) that allow you to do this on the switch those settings on the iPhone. I did it using an app I got from unlockit.co.nz . What I'm looking for is the same thing but to be installed on a BB so it can use data coming from an iPhone data plan when you switch the SIM card.
    05-17-11 02:13 PM
    I get the question...

I had a curve 8300 with BB data + BIS etc... With TELUS. Put my SIM in a iPhone 3GS when I croke my curve. Worked great, did not have to add/change any settings. It was jailbroken and unlocked however, as it was a Rogers iPhone... Used the iphone for 4 months with no issues, and no changes to the account or anything... 4 months later when I got my torch, put the same SIM in my 9800 and it worked great, without any setting changes, and my BIS email accounts/settings came in on their own...

Have you tried your BIS sim in the iPhone first, to see if it works without tweaking settings...?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 02:22 PM
    I haven't, since the phones in question are not mine, but my friend did and, in fact, he does not have data when he switches the SIM card to the BB. He asked me because he knows that I go back and forth from my BB to my iPhone and viceversa. However, I had the same situation (lack of data) with the iPhone until I tweaked the settings, even though both phones are from AT&T. I'm not even changing to a phone from another carrier. Go figure!
    05-17-11 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD