Hi all,

I have owned my 9800 Torch since launch and love it! Problem was, it didn't come with a hip leather holster. So I went and bought one at a local store in our mall here (Ontario, Canada). I had the case since I got my phone and it started to pull apart. Seems its made up of different layers with the "fake" leather. So I went back to the store and they replaced it no questions.

Skip ahead a month, I then added a second Torch to my account for my girlfriend. Now she wanted a pouch too for hers, but didn't need the hip holster but just a normal pouch. We found at the same local store a white leather one with pink stitching about a month after that (today) I have noticed mine has started coming apart again as well as her pouch! This is shoddy worksmanship in RIMs part for these Official BB holsters.

Now the original store said they will replace them. Hers is more rare since its white leather with pink stitch and cannot be found very local to me. I don't want to keep going into a store to replace the cases every couple of months, so what can I do? Does RIM have an alternate case like the old leather ones or are we stuff with these crappy new style ones.

I will add pictures very soon. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 10:27 AM

05-17-11 10:34 AM
    That is a bummer. i know i went to aftermarket cases like from seidio and otterbox. I have also seen others with some interesting alternatives. RIM only has what is out for now.
    05-29-11 10:11 PM
    My Torch holster case is even worse than yours. The entire lining is starting to become un-glued, the grey felt material is completely off of the snap part and the backing that holds the cardboard piece in back is coming off.

I do not treat this holster any different than the older style ones and they never degraded like this one has.
    06-02-11 10:26 AM
    For those interested... The case for the Storm/Storm 2 works beautifully with the Torch. The sleeper magnet is placed correctly enough for it to work.

I've had the same problems with my Torch holsters, and since I've switched to Storm holsters, and I'm not looking back.
    06-06-11 12:06 PM
    For those interested... The case for the Storm/Storm 2 works beautifully with the Torch. The sleeper magnet is placed correctly enough for it to work.

I've had the same problems with my Torch holsters, and since I've switched to Storm holsters, and I'm not looking back.
    Where is a reliable source to get Storm holsters? I checked all my local stores in the mall and no luck. I want to try it out before switching. I've replaced it since I have posted that OP and its doing the same problem. Also my girlfriends "rare" white leather with pink stitching pouch is coming apart too now

06-13-11 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD