Ok, so how do you get the PLAYBOOK to stay on when plugged in..... why does it have to turn off after 5 minutes ( or any other time) ???? I walk away from my desk come back boom its OFF!!!
    05-17-11 08:14 AM
    It's not OFF, the screen has dimmed. Just swipe Down from the top border and the screen comes back on instantly. If it were off, it would have to go through the lengthy start up procedure each time.
    05-17-11 08:17 AM
    The screen would have just went to sleep. Your PB isn't off. The only app I know that can prevent that is the FlipClock. When you have that app fullscreen, your screen will not automatically shut off.
    05-17-11 08:17 AM
    It can be considered a glitch that one cannot overcome the auto-standby if one really wants to keep the screen on. Hopefully, rim or a 3rd party will create a way to keep the pb on as a user option.
    05-17-11 09:34 AM
    yeah, I mentioned this as a nuance in another thread. I use "coverlive" and when the screen "turns off" (which is actually in standby) it causes my browser to stop functioning ...meaning "coverlive" stops bringing in new chats.
    05-17-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD