downloaded bb protect on my 9780 and backed up. the problems started right after that . first the phone froze. then after battery pull, the trackpad stopped responding. did a few pulls and had some more of the same freezes, and swapped the trackpad to eliminate a possible hardware issue. nothing. reinstalled os. now i cant get passed the first screen due to frozed trackpad and the latest problem is that my computer will not recognize the phone. brick???
    05-16-11 01:07 PM
    Sounds like you have more issues than an app causing your problems.
    05-16-11 01:09 PM
    i read through the unresponsive trackpad posts and nothing yet

now i can see the device in desktop software. reinstalling the os took a long time with bbdesktop software. and just stopped at the reboot, so i unplugged even though i was not supposed too( no choice) and got error 507. now reloading the os.
    Last edited by javelin; 05-16-11 at 06:47 PM.
    05-16-11 01:11 PM
    ok i tried many battery pulls, upgrading, downgrading the os still my trackpad is unresponsive. i will have to sell it at a loss unless someone has an idea i didnt try yet...
    05-16-11 06:46 PM
    I don't have a solution, but it really seems to be a hardware issue you're having there. Seems you have two trackpads there, so swap back and see if it works.

Rebooting the PC works 99% of the time when the device can't be found by the software.

Good luck there!
    05-16-11 06:58 PM
    i have tried the new trackpad with the old os and with the new os- nothing. very weird. this phone did not get wet or anything, the trackpad just quit out of the blue. this baby is goin up on ebay
    Last edited by javelin; 05-16-11 at 08:07 PM.
    05-16-11 07:33 PM
    Everything just goes haywire after you installed the BB protect? Gosh.
    05-16-11 09:25 PM
    Everything just goes haywire after you installed the BB protect? Gosh.
    I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with BB Protect... that was just a coincidence

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 09:41 PM
    did you try wiping the device or you just upgraded/downgraded etc without wiping?
    05-16-11 11:29 PM
    did you try wiping the device or you just upgraded/downgraded etc without wiping?
    It really does not make any difference. Running loader.exe will wipe to 507 in the process anyway.
    05-16-11 11:48 PM
    first i upgraded without wiping, then i wiped with bbsak and upgraded again a few times- nothing. what a shame to see a great phone bite the dust! back to my battered up 9700 :-(
    Last edited by javelin; 05-17-11 at 12:55 AM.
    05-17-11 12:21 AM
    I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with BB Protect... that was just a coincidence

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes I know, just saying what bad luck that is!
    05-17-11 03:48 AM
    ok i really hate to see this phone go. i loved it :-( what is the most comprehensive way to start from scratch on this phone? i used bbsak to wipe and reset to factory settings and reloaded the os but sometimes it hangs on the loading screen, tmobile or the security screen. with a fresh reload, why is this happening?
    05-18-11 10:18 AM
    People run leaked OS and complain when things go wrong, Protect probably did not mess up your phone, you did! I'm sorry its no help to your situation but you were probably contributory to it!
    05-18-11 10:29 AM
    no actually i never ran a leaked os on this phone, or any other bb i ever owned. no hybrid os either! only official releases. go figure
    05-18-11 11:18 AM
    People run leaked OS and complain when things go wrong, Protect probably did not mess up your phone, you did! I'm sorry its no help to your situation but you were probably contributory to it!
    Just because an OS is official does not make it any better, and just because an OS is leaked does not make it any worse.

VZW released an official OS for the 9630 that caused sounds from previous MMS to randomly play. http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/so...p-call-447088/

In many cases, leaked OSes become official. There are no differences between official OSes and leaked OSes of the same version except some might have different language files.
    05-18-11 12:15 PM
    ok all you crackberry geniuses , you wont believe this, but i got the trackpad to work! how? like i said, i was stuck at the first screen unable to accept the terms due to the trackpad being unresponsive, and i would just do batt pulls and os up/downgrades. well this time i decided to try and power off with the power button and that 'woke up' the trackpad somehow! now i still need your help to try and diagnose the phone. how do i look for errors hiding in the phone that may have caused this?
    05-18-11 05:00 PM
    props on the fix!
    javelin likes this.
    05-18-11 07:59 PM
    well its kinda back to square one because after i transferred everything back to the phone, upon restart, i am again stuck with a messed up phone. now its in a reboot/freeze/reboot loop of sorts. now i am afraid to wipe, lest i get stuck back at the first screen with no ability to hit accept! power button not working either. can someone at least show me the right thread? HELP!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by javelin; 05-19-11 at 05:05 AM.
    05-18-11 08:42 PM
    ok i am convinced its a hardware issue. is a hardware issue repairable? how does one troubleshoot a hardware problem? i am areal do it youselfer and am ready, but i cant find any real good info on how to bring my bb back from the dead. anyone?
    05-23-11 07:24 AM
    Protect also caused my 9780 to behave erratically. I uninstalled Protect and my 9780 runs perfectly without it. I also only ran official T-Mobile releases on my phone.
    05-23-11 09:46 AM
    ok everyone. i have reopened the phone, and booted the phone with NO TRACKPAD installed and my phone works. put a different working trackball in and it freezes again. so....... i can confirm that its directly related to having a trackball installed. now who can help me fix this issue? is the motherboard wasted? ANY hope? i love this phone, cant see it go like this and have no money for a replacement!
    05-23-11 01:00 PM
    If its a hardware issue the only fix is to replace the phonne. I hope it is still in warranty and you didn't void by opening - or at least no traces.

However I still suspect software. I suggest one final attempt, remove all BB OS software from your PC and reinstall one clean, network supported OS. Wipe with JLCmdr and load ONLY the vanilla OS to factory new condition - no restore of data, no third party software or themes. If it still fails the phone is toast.
    05-23-11 05:45 PM
    before i tried branta's suggestion, i disconnected the screen and reconnected, and now the phone is FULLY OPERATIONAL . can it still be a hardware issue ?how can i troubleshoot the phone now? can anyone help me use alt lglg to identify the problem?(there are two identical items with diff dates that wouldn't delete) or is there any other way to diagnose the problem?

jvm:INFOp=2614(MYPIN),A='6.0.0.488'.O='6.5.0.136'H =15001507
    Last edited by javelin; 05-24-11 at 01:19 PM.
    05-24-11 12:39 PM
    now it has been over a week that the phone is behaving normally (no freezing no rebooting), so i decided to return to it. i am running 448 even though i really need an additional language - i am just too scared to try another (even official) OS on this unit after the **** i have been through with this phone.still, any help with figuring out if the phone is ok now is much appreciated . i still dont know what the issue was, i just rebooted a few hundred times, wiped and installed the OS a few times and took it apart a handful of times. but no progress was made untill the last time i took it apart, when i disconnected the screen too.
    06-02-11 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD