BBers -
    I got the new Piel Frama black blackberry playbook case. I did not pay the $127 (suggested retail) but did pay, however $99 from cases.com and after a discount code, it came out to like $84.99. Anyway, I've only had it for a few hours, its great so far, its kinda hard to close the playbook but I think over time it will be okay as leather takes time to stretch into it. The make of it is amazing and it feels really good on the hands, very professional looking. Holding the PB with it is not bad at all, my only reservation about this is the price, kinda expensive candidly but overall so far so good....
    05-15-11 01:12 PM
    *We want pictures*
    05-15-11 01:14 PM
    No pics, OP is obviously lying.
    05-15-11 01:29 PM
    BBers -
    I got the new Piel Frama black blackberry playbook case. I did not pay the $127 (suggested retail) but did pay, however $99 from cases.com and after a discount code, it came out to like $84.99. Anyway, I've only had it for a few hours, its great so far, its kinda hard to close the playbook but I think over time it will be okay as leather takes time to stretch into it. The make of it is amazing and it feels really good on the hands, very professional looking. Holding the PB with it is not bad at all, my only reservation about this is the price, kinda expensive candidly but overall so far so good....
    Everything the OP is saying is accurate, the Piel Frama is made in Spain and looks to be a very high quality case. It IS available on cases.com for $99.00 U.S. Because he doesn't jump at a request to post pics, I don't know how one comes to the conclusion he is lying..... I might check this case outr further myself. Looks great.
    Here is the link.

BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK CASES - BlackBerry PlayBook Cases and Accessories
    05-15-11 03:23 PM
    Because he doesn't jump at a request to post pics, I don't know how one comes to the conclusion he is lying.....
    lol...I was joking. I said that in hopes the OP would post pics.
    05-15-11 03:31 PM
    i have the Piel Frama black case too. Bought it before i got my PB. i agree it is high quality, but i don't like two things about it. You can't access the charging port with it closed and you can't prop it up. I am going to sell it. I want the Icon carbon case but it is not available in the US. So I will keep looking.
    05-15-11 07:22 PM
    I too have had the Piel Frama case but I love mine. Yes I have to slightly have the cover open when I charge it but thats really no big deal to me as I put it on the charger at night before bed and I am usually good for a day...

Love mine...

PG
    05-15-11 09:04 PM
    I didn't realize that not being able to prop up the PB would be such a problem but it is. Guess I should have waited until I had a chance to play with the PB before buying the case.
    05-15-11 09:28 PM
    so I have the BB leather sleeve, BB leather envelope, Piel Frama leather case and soon the Icon leather case thru Brookstone. So the theme is leather and I contantly go back to the Piel case because of the protection and luxurious leather. You can prop up the Piel case, but not on a real smooth surface or at a wide angle. and it's charging as well..

Ever notice that two of the three pics of the Icon Carbon case on Futureshop look more like an ipad with a photoshop BB front/screen? The pics are not the actual BB Icon case as it has only one clip piece that catches when you close the cover, which would cover the top or bottom volume/ports of the PB depending on how you place the PB in the case. The actual Icon PB case has two clip pieces that catch when you close the cover and leave the center of the PB top/bottom edge open.

I use the equivalent of the Icon style case on an ipad2 and find that style most funcitonal. I bet the Icon leather case becomes the daily driver for the PB.
    Last edited by pcar; 05-15-11 at 10:35 PM.
    05-15-11 09:40 PM
    Very observant.
    05-15-11 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD