On two different occassions, it looked like my phone was being used remotely. It was illuminated (after not being touched for a while) and all of my apps were being selected and opened. The first time it went to my media folder and accessed my pictures and this morning it went to my facebook icon and opened it. Is my phone being hacked into? Do I contact ATT? Help!
    05-15-11 09:08 AM
    Not possible.
    NoArmsJames likes this.
    05-15-11 09:24 AM
    it was proven a few weeks back that BB can be hacked. Anythings possible, but the people who hacked were contracted to do so. They said it can be done but that the info cant be retrieved or viewed (remotely i'm guessing). search the CB articles for the story, it may help
    http://www.darkreading.com/insider-t...g-contest.html
    Last edited by konaman; 05-15-11 at 09:43 AM.
    05-15-11 09:38 AM
    Interesting... Subscribed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 12:24 PM
    Haunting maybe!

05-15-11 01:14 PM
    sure sounds like you have a defective trackpad. my old 9700 had a back trackpad that would scroll on its own and start selecting things. it has to do with the optics in the sensor and just bad hardware. i ended up replacing it on my own and it fixed the issues. i wouldnt be surprised if thats what it is.
    05-15-11 07:15 PM
    "Something's strange in the neighborhood...Who you gonna call...GHOSTBUSTERS!" Sounds like a bad trackpad or digitizer. Good luck with getting it replaced.
    05-15-11 10:27 PM
    time for a tinfoil hat
    05-15-11 10:57 PM
    Manufacturers warranty time.

05-15-11 11:17 PM
    have you used a different charger maybe? I've had a similar effect on a Palm Pre Plus and a Samsung Galaxy while using a 3rd party charger, the voltage was not within the spec's and the touch screen went crazy.
    05-16-11 08:47 AM
    I think it would be a defective trackpad, mine is too just not nearly as bad. I have mine move around on it's own, but it never selects anything.
    05-16-11 09:08 AM
    Mine illuminates when a new message comes in because of "leave it on". It may stay lit beyond the appearance of the message notification depending on settings. Have you got "leaveiton" installed?

I also seem to remember that my device used to "light up" randomly (and sometimes not dim) before I turned compression off. Could have lit up due to some background activity on the device. I don't recall ever seeing an application activated though.

Good luck with it and let us know if you find out what is causing this phenomena.
    05-16-11 11:13 AM
    this actually happens to me sometimes too, but i noticed it started happening after i used it while in a tanning bed..... dont know if thats why, but it worked fine before and right after that started happening, and it still does it every once in a while(its been a few months now). whether or not the two are related i"m definately not doing that again.
    05-16-11 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD