I downloaded FourSquare from App World literally half an hour ago, but because of the 'split pipes' problem ('The application FourSquare has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy'), I can't actually get on to.. well, anything, to sort it out. It'll open the switch applications menu and will let me open a few of the apps on there, but there's nothing on there that'll either uninstall FourSquare or clear the IT policy. The error message keeps popping up, so if i press a button, it'll either stay there or will close the pop up just for it to open again. I've tried a battery pull and the alt+shift+delete soft reboot but neither have worked, and I've soft rebooted it as soon as the display came on, but this hasn't worked either. It's frustrating because I can't use my phone at all as it is. Please help me I've had the phone for a year in July and I've never had a problem with it before...
    Last edited by tillydem; 05-14-11 at 08:59 PM.
    05-14-11 08:56 PM
    do a battery pull, & whilst your phone is loading up hold the escape/back key for atleast 20 seconds, it should load your phone in safe mode and from there you can delete FourSquare. But go to menu, options, applications and delete it from there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    tillydem likes this.
    05-15-11 04:33 AM
    i have the same problem like yours..so have you fixed your bb?
    05-28-11 07:02 AM
    please let me know if you have fixed the issue..i need to know as well since letting it be fixed here will cost me a lot..so if there are other ways in getting it fixed that will be great,..
    05-28-11 07:03 AM
    Second post tells how to fix it by deleting the app
    05-30-11 08:56 PM
    Restarting doesn't work, pulling battery doesn't work, trying to uninstall Foursquare from Desktop Manger doesn't work, but uninstalling Foursquare from the web version of BlackBerry App World does work (at least it did for me). Got my phone back, Never installing Foursquare again.

BlackBerry - Download BlackBerry App World
    02-01-12 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD