05-14-11 08:31 PM
    Just saw that too. That's unwelcome publicity, for sure. Hope it's a small batch and nothing serious.
    05-14-11 08:55 PM
    Staples
    SKU 927826
    Blackberry 7 inch - 16 GB Tablet
    05-14-11 09:07 PM
    I got it from Staples… but fortunately my serial number wasn't listed. I was thinking, if they recall your device will they give you a new device at the time you return at Staples or give money back.. or do you have to wait for them to fix your device? Would be pretty bad if they make you wait for them to fix your device and send it back.
    05-14-11 09:39 PM
    mine is on the list
    the only thing that comes to mind, is when i first got it, it wouldn't display the Blackberry ID Agreement (it was calling the wrong URL) and i had that fixed by forcing an update (debrick) using desktop manager... my playbook worked fine since!

the only other thing is the flush power button, but that doesn't bother me.

i've emailed blackberry support asking for help shed more light on the issue, since being overseas i really don't wanna have to deal with packing and shipping this unit back and forth, unless i really have to
    05-15-11 02:55 AM
    The information I read is that it's just a problem with the initial load (but keeps people from being able to get to the point of doing the first over-the-air upgrade).

If you've used the desktop software to update your PlayBook, then you've circumvented the issue (and really have no reason to take your PlayBook back).
    05-17-11 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD