I successfully was able to upgrade my O.S. to the Version 4.5 thanks to everyone and their advice on Crackberry. The only problem I seem to be having is my Weatherbug application is not cooperating. I re-set up with my zip code and preferences, but one Weatherbug icon is supposed to display the current temperature and the other icon displays the current weather. Neither one of the icons is displaying the information. Its probably been an hour since I set up the Weatherbug. Any ideas what to do to display the temperature and weather settings?

Thanks in advance.
    08-13-08 11:43 PM
    Many had issues with weatherbug after upgrading to 4.5. I believe there is a compatibilty issue there. I had to get rid of it for the moment.
    08-13-08 11:46 PM
    Garz is correct. Weatherbug has known issues with compatibility as far as 4.5 is concerned. You will either need to ditch weatherbug, or ditch 4.5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 11:51 PM
    Gawd!
    You can be a little nicer about it!
    SHEESH!
    08-14-08 12:03 AM
    Garz is correct. Weatherbug has known issues with compatibility as far as 4.5 is concerned. You will either need to ditch weatherbug, or ditch 4.5.

This is incorrect. I've run every version of 4.5 and each one ran WeatherBug.

Sometimes my icons go blank too, but it's a temporary situation. It may take a while to come back up sometimes (and I mean a few hours even), but this happened to me in 4.2 as well. If I click on the icons they still take me to the correct and current weather links though.

I say give it some time and only if it doesn't come back up after a really long while should you consider ditching it.
    08-14-08 01:29 AM

Sometimes my icons go blank too, but it's a temporary situation. It may take a while to come back up sometimes (and I mean a few hours even), but this happened to me in 4.2 as well. If I click on the icons they still take me to the correct and current weather links though.

I say give it some time and only if it doesn't come back up after a really long while should you consider ditching it.
    roger that! my weatherbug direct has been working just fine. have had the new OS for a few days though...so maybe it's gonna happen?

but...so far so good...no issues to report...

P.S...go Air Force!
    08-14-08 01:47 AM
    Yeah running fine over here too, are we all running the same version of WB?
    08-14-08 03:02 AM
    I'm running 4.5 and I actually didn't get WB until after I upgraded to 4.5 and its never given me any problems.
    08-14-08 05:16 AM
    after i upgraded my wb icons were not right. clicked on them and they changed to what they were supposed to be and have worked fine since
    08-14-08 05:26 AM
    My WB icon was solid red after upgrading, but all that was needed was to re-enter the zipcode and it worked fine. I didn't download the other option (which gives you the second icon) for WB so I can't comment on that issue.
    08-14-08 07:36 AM
    How do you have 2 icons? I only have one icon on my home screen. Am I missing an icon?

08-14-08 07:47 AM
    The newest WB works perfectly with 4.5. I am running 4.5.0.69. The newest bug no longer installs the forecast icon by default. You have to manually add it.

You MUST have your TCP enabled for this to work. That is probably why it isn't working.

08-14-08 07:53 AM
    The newest WB works perfectly with 4.5. I am running 4.5.0.69. The newest bug no longer installs the forecast icon by default. You have to manually add it.

You MUST have your TCP enabled for this to work. That is probably why it isn't working.

Well, its 8 hours after I posted, and still don't have the display working on my WeatherBug. I did a search for updates and appears I have the newest version of WeatherBug. I'm not sure what you mean about enabling TCP....sorry, I'm not that well versed lol. Can you let me know what I need to do to enable TCP?
    08-14-08 08:15 AM
    roger that! my weatherbug direct has been working just fine. have had the new OS for a few days though...so maybe it's gonna happen?

P.S...go Air Force!
    same here. Before upgrading to 4.5 i was using Weatheye, so maybe its just a waiting thing to see problems. hmmmm. we will see
    08-14-08 08:50 AM
    +++UPDATE+++

I did a soft reboot and when the phone came back on, the temperature and the forecast icons started to display correctly.....whew. Its one of my favorite BB desktop applications.

Thanks to everyone who replied in the thread.
    08-14-08 09:09 AM

P.S...go Air Force!
    same here. Before upgrading to 4.5 i was using Weatheye, so maybe its just a waiting thing to see problems. hmmmm. we will see
    08-14-08 09:37 AM

I wouldn't say incorrect. It is true that there are known issues with WB running on 4.5, bottom line. I have never come across anyone who has been able to successfully run Weatherbug with absolutely no issues on 4.5.
    08-14-08 09:40 AM
    What issues would that be? So far it's been fine in the short time that I've had 4.5.
    08-14-08 10:29 AM
    The newest bug no longer installs the forecast icon by default. You have to manually add it.
    How is this done manually? I installed weatherbug a few days ago and I like it. The icon on the home screen displays the current temperature. Is there another icon to install, or should my current icon display more than just the current temperature?
    08-14-08 01:08 PM
    Go to BB options (wrench icon)
    Open WeatherBug Settings
    Click on the BB key to pull up the menu.
    Select WB Portal.
    Select WB Direct Extentions and View

You should see some optional add-on's such as forecast.
    08-14-08 01:24 PM
    great info, i was wondering the same thing. i added weatherbug pollen, it's that time of the year!

Go to BB options (wrench icon)
    Open WeatherBug Settings
    Click on the BB key to pull up the menu.
    Select WB Portal.
    Select WB Direct Extentions and View

You should see some optional add-on's such as forecast.
    08-14-08 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD