Hi,

My brother bought a T-Mobile blackberry 9780 and he's got an option on his phone to view mail in HTML. I looked through my phone's settings and followed these instructions to find the option but I don't have an "Enable HTML Email check box"..

Any ideas?

Thanks
    05-14-11 12:12 PM
    Goto Messages, Options, email preferences, check the enable html email box. Press the menu button then save. Use the drop down menu to repeat this process for each email account

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 01:10 PM
    If you read the link they posted it gives those steps but he doesn't have that option there, apparently.

05-14-11 01:27 PM
    Link was too long to read on mobile...

If you read the link they posted it gives those steps but he doesn't have that option there, apparently.

So what's your solution ???

OP: what OS are you running ?

05-14-11 01:29 PM
    Haha. The link was a bit difficult on the torch, I'll give you that. I just wasn't sure what my setting was either so I followed the links directions

What provider do you have, OP? Some providers remove some options.

05-14-11 01:34 PM

Exactly! I don't have the 'view email in HTML' checkbox

Link was too long to read on mobile...

So what's your solution ???

OP: what OS are you running ?

I'm running OS 6.0.0.246

Haha. The link was a bit difficult on the torch, I'll give you that. I just wasn't sure what my setting was either so I followed the links directions

What provider do you have, OP? Some providers remove some options.

Saudi Telecom (STC)
    05-14-11 01:39 PM
    246? Gross. If I was you I would upgrade to 534 at least. It may restore the option but even if it doesn't, the new OS will have vast improvements over your current one.

There are links at the top here to the leaked OS's and ways to install them .

05-14-11 01:46 PM
    246? Gross. If I was you I would upgrade to 534 at least. It may restore the option but even if it doesn't, the new OS will have vast improvements over your current one.

+1 - and later version will probablly have the option

05-14-11 01:50 PM

The latest update available through desktop manager is 280 something, If i download a leaked OS will it be supported by my carrier, support Arabic, and not void my warranty?
    05-14-11 01:56 PM
    Correct! 10char

05-14-11 01:58 PM
    Correct! 10char
    Updated to 6.0.0.570, still no html option :s also is it normal for the corners of the screen to become rounded off with the update?

05-15-11 08:47 AM
    Updated to 6.0.0.570, still no html option :s also is it normal for the corners of the screen to become rounded off with the update?

I have never seen that before... Are you using any themes... Strange that there is no html option...perhaps your carrier has disabled it? How many email accouunts are on the device? Perhaps the email doesn't support it?

05-15-11 10:41 AM
    I have never seen that before... Are you using any themes... Strange that there is no html option...perhaps your carrier has disabled it? How many email accouunts are on the device? Perhaps the email doesn't support it?

I'm starting to think that as well, the carrier's probably blocked it..I'm using 3 different emails: msn, yahoo, and a university email. And no, I'm not using any themes, there are no longer any corners just smooth edges, quite annoying :s!

05-15-11 11:33 AM
    Not sure if you found a solution for this. I'm facing the same issue here on Saudi Telecom running 6.0 Bundle 2475 (v6.0.0.546, Platform 6.6.0.207) on my 9780. No option to enable HTML.
    05-29-12 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD