Hi all:
    I've spend the last 2 days trying to research this problem on many forums. I know some other people have this issue but I can't find an answer.

I have a bold 9000 and have just upgraded to OS 5 (.1067)

Previously under 4.x I could play my extensive mp3 collection through my car stereo input jack. Since the OS install this no longer works.....!

The headphone output is fine (it plays through headphones, earbuds etc) and my cable and car systems are fine (wife's 8520 plays each time, first time).

This leave me looking in one of 2 directions;
    A) there is an option setting somewhere that I need to tweak (i've looked far and wide but clearly could have missed something simple)
    B) there is a bug / change within the OS

When I try try this in the car I get about 0.5 of a second playing through the speakers (and see a headphone graphic on the bold's screen) it then reverts back to the phone's speaker every time.........!

It's driving me crazy.

Has anyone seen or solved this issue? Any suggestions welcomed????
    05-14-11 06:29 AM
    Does anyone use this OS version to run audio into their vehicles music system via cable????????

If yours is working then I must have missed an option somewhere?

thanks
    05-15-11 06:22 AM
    I think the problem is the Bold 9000 doesn't just detect that a headphone plug is plugged in to the jack, it detects the impedance load of the headphones to determine if it should switch. Car stereo line inputs have a high impedance so they might not be detected. I have this problem using in-ear monitors also which have a high impedance.

The solution would be to get a y splitter, plug cheapo earbuds into one output and connect your car stereo to the other output. Also, you may need to carve some of the plastic away on the 3.5mm jack you are plugging into the Blackberry to make sure the plug is fully inserted.
    05-16-11 02:53 AM
    Thanks for the reply, I'm willing to try the splitter approach although before I upgraded the Operating system to version 5, the same Bold played audio through the car no problem.....
    05-16-11 11:17 AM
    UPDATE
    Bought a Y splitter....no good.

Took the big step of downgrading OS back to ver 4.6, reloaded apps etc and the Bold worked FINE through my car input jack.

Next updated OS to various versions of 5.x (including .681 which my wifes 8520 has, and also plays through the car) NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING.

In all tried 3 or 4 versions of 5.x but NONE of them would play music via the headphone jack to my car system.

Eventually backtracked to 4.6 again and all is well.

Its just a real shame I can't use the latest OS software (and a good few apps and themes I'd like to) because of some bug in the software.

Does ANYONE (RIM or otherwise) have any technical reasons as to why this problem exists withn all versions of 5.x??????????????????

very frustrated............
    05-23-11 12:32 PM
    I have no idea. I no longer use a 9000, but I still have one around, so I decided to experiment.

I upgraded to .1067 (the official AT&T version) and did not shrink the OS.

I removed the microSD card from my 9700 and put it in the 9000.

Then I walked out to my car and connected the device to the audio jack with a 3.5 mm male to male cable. I selected music, chose a song, and it immediately played out of the car speakers. I was also able to toggle between the headphones and handset without any issues.

My car is a 2008 Honda Civic.
    05-23-11 06:02 PM
    Thanks Lak611, that just baffles me more. I'm reluctant to spend more hours upgrading then downgrading OS again.......guess I'll just make do for a while......
    05-24-11 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD