I've been having a problem lately with my Torch that periodically during a phone call when I am talking, I will hear a reverb type sound and the person on the other end can't hear me during this time. It last for a few seconds but doesn't happen during every call. I have made sure to turn down the volume and I'm not using any bluetooth or other device connected. I'm wondering if this is an issue with my specific phone or with the Torch in general?

I spoke with AT&T and they said that since I'm within the warranty period I can switch the phone for a refurbished phone. Are refurbished phones ok to get?

Has anyone else experienced this?
    05-13-11 09:43 PM
    I've been having a problem lately with my Torch that periodically during a phone call when I am talking, I will hear a reverb type sound and the person on the other end can't hear me during this time. It last for a few seconds but doesn't happen during every call. I have made sure to turn down the volume and I'm not using any bluetooth or other device connected. I'm wondering if this is an issue with my specific phone or with the Torch in general?

I spoke with AT&T and they said that since I'm within the warranty period I can switch the phone for a refurbished phone. Are refurbished phones ok to get?

Has anyone else experienced this?
    That type of call issue was a problem on early OS builds. Users reported it as a tinny, fuzzy, or reverb / echo type sound.

What OS version are you running? If it's the stock AT&T build, it's probably OS ver .246. If so, that might be the cause of the problem. If you feel confident upgrading the OS on your BB, I'd suggest upgrading to a newer build. That might take care of it.

If not, swap it out. I just got a refurb 9800 under warranty from AT&T and honestly you can't tell it from a new one. I've always had good luck with warranty refurbs from AT&T so I wouldn't worry about that. Still if you go that route make sure and check out the replacement just in case. As with anything electronic a bad one can slip through sometimes.
    05-13-11 10:05 PM
    I'm running v6.0.0.526
    05-13-11 10:52 PM
    I'm running v6.0.0.526
    Sounds like you're going to have to do a replacement. Your mic in the phone might be bad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD