I realize this isn't the accessories forum ,
    but only found old stuff there in a search- 2008 thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/bes...d-mount-31317/

Who prefers a windshield mount to a vent mount and Why? anyone use a Dash mount?
    What kind do you have? Need one and there are many many choices. Don't want to throw good money at bad products when experience here can be had for the price of asking. I am in the car 2 hours a day and would like to have the BB more at eyeball level for GPS, incoming calls, pandora, etc...

thanks- GeO
    Bold 9650
    Last edited by geomun; 05-13-11 at 06:24 PM.
    05-13-11 05:45 PM
    I use a windshield mount. I am in the car 9-11 hrs a day, I like it at eye level just to the lower right of the windshield. Coupled with an in car blue tooth unit and Vlingo I can call up any command and see what is happening without really taking my eyes off the road.
    05-13-11 05:54 PM
    EDITED: sent PM JimiM--thanks.
    Last edited by geomun; 05-13-11 at 06:36 PM.
    05-13-11 06:09 PM
    I also use the the windshield mount. I like the option of putting it where I want. With the vent mount you can only have it in one place. There are a lot of decent ones out there for both options. I would suggest getting a universal one so it will except different phones that you might upgrade to in the future..
    05-13-11 06:11 PM
    You can find the windshield mounts right here at Crackberry, Mobihand or check eBay. The really do not differ that much. You will find them either with s short mount off the windshield or the flexible extended arm, I find to like the short mount better for myself.

Arkon Windshield, Dashboard, or Console Mount - Car Kits & Mounts on MobiHand Store
    05-13-11 06:26 PM
    It depends on the car. Go to Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts - ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices and find the car mount for your car. Many cars have multiple options. You can then buy the proper holder for your phone.

I dislike windshield mounts. The idiots breaking into cars ofter mistake a phone mount for a GPS mount and will ransack your car looking for it. I also find that it hinders my view.
    05-13-11 07:20 PM
    thanks guys, keep'em coming. This is good stuff.

Geo
    05-13-11 07:46 PM
    I guess I am obsessed with finding the perfect solution for me.

This one has great reviews on Amazon. Amazon.com: iGrip 1263 Extender Kit Universal Windshield Mount: Cell Phones & Accessories

Here is a video review of the same one. Does anyone in the forum own this one?

05-14-11 03:42 PM
    I use this https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=29AR8GDi

With windshield mount and I also use vent mount.
    05-14-11 03:52 PM
    I just use my console.
    05-14-11 08:45 PM
    Never really liked the windsheild mounts, blocks vision, leaves mark on glass, invites theives to break-in, etc. I now use a vent mount for my phone, also have one for my Garmin when I use it as well.
    05-15-11 10:39 AM
    Like a previous poster said, it really does depend on the car. I sat in my car and tried putting my bb in different locations... vent windshield, cup holder, etc. and found for that car the vent holder worked best. In my truck was another story and a windshield mount seemed the right choice. In all cases, make sure you consider where your eyes "should" be, and try to find a location that doesn't require you to stray far from what's most important.
    05-16-11 07:11 AM
    thanks for all the replies thus far. Got this one (igrip 1263) for $31.20 yesterday from Amazon via J&R. Price already went up by 3 bucks. Amazon.com: iGrip 1263 Extender Kit Universal Windshield Mount: Cell Phones & Accessories

Will see how I like it. Will be easy to use the universal mount with a vent clip if I decide to go that route.

Geo
    05-16-11 08:31 AM
    Copied this from the internet, so it must be true:

Before using the suction cup mount on your windshield, check the state and local laws and ordinances where you drive. Some state laws prohibit drivers from using suction mounts on their windshields while operating motor vehicles. Other state laws allow the suction mount to be located only in specific locations on the windshield. Many other states have enacted restrictions against placing "non-transparent material" on the windshield or placing objects on the windshield in locations that obstruct the driver's vision.
    05-16-11 09:59 AM
    I don't have a mount for my berry....

But if I did, I would use a friction style mount like I have for my Garmin. They are loaded with sand to give weight and then a soft rubbery material on the bottom. Pop this on your dash and it is not going to slide anywhere under normal driving conditions.

I have never been a fan of windshield mounts as they tend to pop off in cold weather....

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=YhdCGKXA

05-16-11 12:12 PM
    I would have to keep the windows up while cornering in my Porsche or super glue it to the dash, lol.
    05-16-11 12:32 PM
    Does anyone know of a vent mount/holder combination that works with the added bulk of an extended battery?
    05-16-11 08:30 PM
    I use a holder that fits into my cup holder. I also use it for my GPS.
    05-18-11 06:36 AM
    I would like to see a picture of how that works for you in your car. I have a cupholder that sits very low next to the armrest...not sure how that would work for me.
    Last edited by geomun; 05-18-11 at 07:50 AM.
    05-18-11 06:43 AM
    The first pic is what I have.

05-18-11 06:56 AM
    1buda where did you get the cup holder? I found one but it wasn't big enough to put the berry and the case in at the same time.
    05-18-11 07:26 AM
    1buda where did you get the cup holder? I found one but it wasn't big enough to put the berry and the case in at the same time.
    Accesorygeeks.com

They are adjustable. My GPS doesn't fit the holder so what i did was removed just the holder and snapped in the holder that came with the GPS on to the ball.
    05-18-11 07:40 AM
    ya that website hasn't worked for days for me
    05-18-11 07:43 AM
    ya that website hasn't worked for days for me
    Thats funny, I got the pictures from that web this morning.
    05-18-11 07:47 AM
    05-18-11 07:54 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD