As you have read on the front page of CrackBerry.com, a new version of PocketMac has been released by RIM on their blackberry.com website. The new version is 4.1.25.

PocketMac for BlackBerry version 4.1.25 Now Available | CrackBerry.com

Let's hear some thoughts on this. Does it work for you? Any issues? Do you like the new features?

My Mac won't recognize my Bold. Still trying to figure it out.
    08-13-08 09:39 PM
    I can't enable the iTunes feature

it just says "no media card present"

i have a 4gb minisd card so I'm not sure what I need to change
    08-13-08 11:45 PM
    Make sure you enable mass storage mode on the berry. That's how I got mine to recognize.

On a side note none of mysynched music works! They show up as 0kb in media player and won't play

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 12:13 AM
    I am downloading it now! I wonder if you can upgrade your os now from the mac
    08-14-08 05:39 AM
    Sadly we won't be able to do that until RIM releases OS installers for Mac...

08-14-08 09:49 AM
    I am downloading it now! I wonder if you can upgrade your os now from the mac
    No this is still not able to be done
    08-14-08 09:52 AM
    I get a usb extension error when I try to connect my curve to my MBP. It worked fine before the upgrade to pocketmac 4.125. Any thoughts
    08-14-08 10:19 AM
    When I go to Blackberry's page I dont see it! Am I looking in the wrong place?
    08-14-08 11:57 AM
    And the verdict is...

PocketMac still sucks

RIM : Please make DesktopManager for Mac OSX! Please allow backup, restore, OS upgrades! All computers are created equal (lol!)
    08-14-08 12:02 PM
    Make sure you enable mass storage mode on the berry. That's how I got mine to recognize.

On a side note none of mysynched music works! They show up as 0kb in media player and won't play

Took me several tries to get iTunes Sync to work even after enabling Mass Storage Mode (MBP w/ Leopard).

That said, the playlist synced perfectly (although it took a while and generated some cryptic error at the end) and everything plays fine.

Mac BlackBerry users definitely need a more robust/feature rich client and better integration overall. It sucks to have to fire up VMware Fusion for basic tasks (backup, device switch and OS upgrade).
    08-14-08 07:47 PM
    I installed the new version but haven't been brave enough to try and sync yet. LOL
    08-14-08 07:51 PM
    And the verdict is...

PocketMac still sucks

RIM : Please make DesktopManager for Mac OSX! Please allow backup, restore, OS upgrades! All computers are created equal (lol!)
    Nice post! I agree..
    08-14-08 08:58 PM
    I downloaded it earlier today and I was able to get it to work without a problem. I read on another post, to make sure that i have the phone connected to the usb cable before I opened up pocketmac. I connected opened program and it recognized everything and sync'ed all unprotected music from all playlists that I selected. I flagged photos from iPhoto and it pulled them over as well. I have an 8gb card in my curve from verizon and am running leopard on my macbook. No probs here.
    08-14-08 11:01 PM
    It downloaded fine but when I try to open the syncmanager, the icon just bounces up and down and nothing else happens. Then I have to go to force quit to stop ot. I tried restarting my computer and re-installing the software but the same thing keeps happening. Any ideas??
    08-14-08 11:46 PM
    Downloaded it and it works fine for me...however, give us groupwise users some lovin too!
    08-15-08 12:03 AM
    Took the plunge (backed everything up first, though). Worked great for me...including tasks which had not worked previously with iCal. Have synced several times since with no trouble.
    08-15-08 10:07 AM
    I downloaded and installed the new version and all it does is crash. I have the curve 8330. Anyway I want to downgrade back to the old version but the Driver Update link is broken on the blackberry site. Any chance any of you still have the installer and could email it to me?
    08-15-08 01:49 PM
    WoW! Its a shame that so many looked forward to a program that was supposed to tale BB+Mac forward instead of backwards. I hope there turns out to be more success stories as oppsoed to failures with the new update.
    08-15-08 01:54 PM
    WoW! Its a shame that so many looked forward to a program that was supposed to tale BB+Mac forward instead of backwards. I hope there turns out to be more success stories as oppsoed to failures with the new update.
    This isn't the program that everyone is looking forward to. That is still to be released. The program that people want is a RIM released desktop manager for BB. PocketMac is a third party piece of software.
    08-15-08 02:19 PM
    I have never had a problem with missing sync..Ill stick to that..it works great
    08-15-08 03:43 PM
    "This isn't the program that everyone is looking forward to. That is still to be released. The program that people want is a RIM released desktop manager for BB. PocketMac is a third party piece of software."

Niubeav, as I was reading this thread, my mind was thinking PM. By the time I responded, my brain took a trip to DM.

08-15-08 04:57 PM
    Is there still the bug where contacts with no groups cause the program not to be able to sync? This only happens when you try to select groups.
    08-15-08 05:01 PM
    This app unreliable...not syncing all my contacts and creating multiple data in calendar. I even try to make Mac overwrite device, but yet still get the same result.

I running on Mac OS 10.4.11 and BB OS 4.5.0.69.
    I wonder for any of you guys which managed it successfully, what BB OS and Mac OS you guys running. Care to share?

Thanks,
    08-16-08 06:45 AM
    It downloaded fine but when I try to open the syncmanager, the icon just bounces up and down and nothing else happens. Then I have to go to force quit to stop ot. I tried restarting my computer and re-installing the software but the same thing keeps happening. Any ideas??
    I get the same.
    Have uninstalled and re-installed numerous times to no luck.
    Are you supposed to have the phone connected to the mac before you load it up?
    Although I doubt this will fix it. I'll try it though.
    08-16-08 07:48 AM
    so i actually dumped my pearl for a curve which some of you might know . for giggles i decided to try to synch it to the macbook with pocketmac expecting nothing but the same problems from my pearl.Somehow it worked. Now if it continues to work is a different story lol
    08-18-08 11:56 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD