i heard that a new line of BBs was being released this month.. is there any truth to that?
    05-13-11 11:11 AM
    no. the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 were announced last week at BlackBerry World.

Most likely to launch in mid/late summer (August). Then shortly after there'll be the new Torch, new full touchscreen device and new Curve. Probably will see all four launch within 6 weeks of each other assuming things stay on course. I think RIM is aiming to have everything hit for "back to school" season... so hopefully more if it is august/early september... but i could see it taking till late september/early october for everything new to be out. But they're aiming to get everything pushed out as soon as possible.
    05-13-11 11:21 AM
    The "new line" you might have heard about is the new Bold Touch and Storm3.

The only announced the Bold Touch "official" because, they made some Storm3
    hardware improvements.
    05-13-11 11:25 AM
    when are the new bold touch and storm3 set to releasE?
    05-13-11 11:27 AM
    No one knows for sure. There is NO official release date.

Just take a few minutes and read what has been happening around here.
    05-13-11 11:41 AM
    Are there new blackberries coming out? Will they have QNX?

If not, will the eventually get QNX?
    Les74 likes this.
    05-13-11 11:42 AM
    Are there new blackberries coming out? Will they have QNX?

If not, will the eventually get QNX?
    I wouldn't bank on any phone released without QNX to be upgradeable to QNX

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 12:12 PM
    I wouldn't bank on any phone released without QNX to be upgradeable to QNX

You missed the sarcasm haha
    05-13-11 12:17 PM
    Bold Touch 9900/9930 will be the new one. I'll likely be sporting a 9780 if my trusty 9700 kicks the bucket.

05-13-11 04:33 PM
    Is there anything planned for Verizon any time soon???? Im in need of someething new!!!!!
    05-18-11 06:18 PM
    I am looking forward to getting my hands on the new Bold and full touch screen from BB, RIM and Verizon need to hurry, I need a need phone as well to replace the Tour 9630.

My kids have had Droids and now IPhones 4's, and with more new LTE phones hitting the market.... I really like google software, the I phone is a perfect size... but I really like my BB.

Come on RIM, release this product!!
    05-18-11 09:18 PM
    QNX phone is stated by Jim B. on last earnings conf call to be Q1 2012 - that means April 2012 at the earliest - 11 months away at best.

By April 2012, the competitive landscape will be Galaxy S3 (Quad cores), Galaxy S2(Dual cores), iPhone 4GS, iPhone 5, Nokia dual/quad cores WP8, HTC ???

Bold Touch has been rumored for how long? does OS 7 have a future in multi-cores platforms?? Low costs Android phones will be flooding the market late 2011 and early 2012. What if an iPhone mini becomes a reality, an entry level iOS device selling at $50-99 with contracts?!

As posted before, RIM needs to have a plan of leveraging existing loyal base, but transition out of the hardware arms races, RIM's hardware design and manufacturing teams have failed in competing in the all-touch devices.

QNX must have an alternative growth path to establish a thriving eco-system or else QNX and RIM's future will be marginalized - it seems like Jim & Mike are ok with that direction at the moment. Will secure email and texting remain the exclusive features of BB forever?

I love QNX (been hacking it since late 80's) - and want to see QNX/TAT shine and kick butts and take names against iOS and Android. RIM do not spend another year on a QNX phone, the market windows will no longer there for you.
    05-18-11 09:25 PM
    I am looking forward to getting my hands on the new Bold and full touch screen from BB, RIM and Verizon need to hurry, I need a need phone as well to replace the Tour 9630.

My kids have had Droids and now IPhones 4's, and with more new LTE phones hitting the market.... I really like google software, the I phone is a perfect size... but I really like my BB.

Come on RIM, release this product!!
    Until then, why not wipe (using BBSAK), reload the OS (after making a backup) on your 9630 to renew and refresh it back up to speed? Or try a battery pull. Either way, it speeds it up. Gotta love that good ol' trackball

05-18-11 09:50 PM
    I've had alot of Berry's....but I've never heard QNX. Can someone please tell me what that is???
    05-19-11 07:54 PM
    QNX is the operating system used on the playbook and next years handhelds hopefully.

QNX Realtime Operating System (RTOS) software, middleware, development tools and services for superior embedded design
    05-19-11 07:56 PM
    Thank you very much. I have a Playbook but haven't had a lot of time to really get into what's running it.
    05-19-11 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD