Well after selling my iPad 2 I decided to opt for the playbook. Now after full 2 days of hard use I'm ready to take it back and Order another iPad 2. I had high hopes for this device with the smaller more Compact design and flash support. But I find the os still buggy, browser crashes and or freezes web viewing this site at times. no apps basically at all and so on. I loved this little device but honestly at this time bb didn't step up to the plate.
    laker072 likes this.
    05-12-11 09:16 PM
    David, what were you expecting? Did you at least conduct a comparison before making a decision?
    05-12-11 09:24 PM
    your just going to give it two days really? At least give it a week before you make a decision. You need long enough to get the ipad out your head then you might think differently. Hey you may still feel the same in a week as now but at least you gave it more than two days.
    05-12-11 09:26 PM
    cool story, needs some revising though
    05-12-11 09:31 PM
    You can't expect a million apps when the device just launched. Apps will come in time and OS updates are being pushed out fast to correct bugs.
    05-12-11 09:31 PM
    Actually I'm gonna give it the full 30 days that bestbuy gives me. I'm hoping more updates come out For it and some apps but darn u bb. Such a nice and pretty device but at the moment can't do anything.
    05-12-11 09:32 PM
    What do you want it to do?
    05-12-11 09:34 PM
    The iPad had almost a ready-made plethora of Apps because it's a big iPhone! How many apps did that phone have when it was launched? Have people got no patience? We're not talking about years here like Apple - the PB stuff will be coming thick and fast!
    meganVee likes this.
    05-12-11 09:36 PM
    mmm... yeah it sounds like maybe it cant do what you want it to do.
    05-12-11 09:37 PM
    well the hotmail app isn't a app just a shortcut to the website so no email push etc. No SMS or mms app I like tO save piks from some sites and send as mms to friends etc. no helpful or fun apps yet. No video editing software app I mean this pb shoots 1080p but you can't do nothing with it etc.
    05-12-11 09:38 PM
    Tell us what it can't do? I mean really. I can't think of a single app I need given the PB Browser. Who needs a scoreboard app when I can get full espn complete with live updates (just make sure you don't go to the mobile site); who needs the weather channel app or weather bug when you can get the full weather channel site; and so on. I just finished watching a movie on amazon right off the site, played perfectly.
    05-12-11 09:38 PM
    You spent some time to consider to make your post.
    Honestly I was prepared to return my PB by the two week full return policy.
    I worked it for several days and decided to keep it.
    As a BB phone owner I have found the conductivity to web and email by bridge to be my primary plus. I don't pay a cent more for my network access. The appworld library is filling fast. Before we know it, we will have access to Andriod and Kindle apps. The size and weight is also a plus.

Read this forum post to
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...arison-614591/
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    05-12-11 09:41 PM
    I have a iPhone 4 no bb phone i also see that having a bb phone is almost a requirement to make this tablet worth a wild.
    05-12-11 09:43 PM
    Actually I'm gonna give it the full 30 days that bestbuy gives me. I'm hoping more updates come out For it and some apps but darn u bb. Such a nice and pretty device but at the moment can't do anything.
    Make sure it's 30 days, because I'm pretty sure it's only 14 days. Double check.
    05-12-11 09:46 PM
    Tell us what it can't do? I mean really. I can't think of a single app I need given the PB Browser. Who needs a scoreboard app when I can get full espn complete with live updates (just make sure you don't go to the mobile site); who needs the weather channel app or weather bug when you can get the full weather channel site; and so on. I just finished watching a movie on amazon right off the site, played perfectly.
    Wow, really? Who needs apps? Are you kidding me? Okay:

1. I don't want to wait 10 seconds to download the entire ESPN site just to have to zoom in and click on the teams I want to check up on. I don't want to accidentally click the wrong link and wait another 15 seconds to return back to the previous page. I don't want to zoom at all. I don't care to read news about every other team and their mother when I only want news on the 3-4 teams I'm a fan of. An app gives me the news and scores for JUST the teams I follow. Perhaps I don't have as much time as you do to zoom and browse a full site in a 7" screen.

2. If I want to check the weather I don't want to go a full freaking weather site that has seven Flash apps running showing all kinds of useless info. Plus, most weather sites take up to 10 seconds to load. I would rather click an app that opens in 2-3 seconds and shows me the weather in my area right away. Why go to a site where I'll have to zoom in, type my zip code, and wait for ANOTHER screen to display?

Wow, some people are just MAKING excuses and LOWERING their standards JUST for the BlackBerry PlayBook. It really makes me sick. If the IT world was run by you guys we'd all be still using Nokia phones or the StarTac.

Man up and ask for what's better, not for what's "good enough".
    Last edited by Hankster; 05-12-11 at 09:55 PM.
    05-12-11 09:51 PM
    2. If I want to check the weather I don't want to go a full freaking weather site that has seven Flash apps running showing all kinds of useless info. Plus, most weather sites take up to 10 seconds to load. I would rather click on an app that opens up in 2-3 seconds and shows me the weather in my area right away. Why go to a site where I'll have to zoom in, type my zip code, and wait for ANOTHER screen to display?
    Have you heard of bookmarks? That's what I do on my desktop with my local weather tab on the browser....
    dodger_moore likes this.
    05-12-11 09:56 PM
    A lot of best buy has 14 days return policy. So make sure you double/triple check. Also to some extent that it can't do a lot of things makes it so interesting, almost like watching a puppy grow up and getting ready to be your best friend, showing new tricks every day and getting more playful as days go by, whereas an Ipad is like an old dog which is going to die pretty soon to be replaced by another slimmer/different colored dog with one or two added tricks.
    gregorylkelly and Ecks like this.
    05-12-11 10:08 PM
    A lot of best buy has 14 days return policy. So make sure you double/triple check. Also to some extent that it can't do a lot of things makes it so interesting, almost like watching a puppy grow up and getting ready to be your best friend, showing new tricks every day and getting more playful as days go by, whereas an Ipad is like an old dog which is going to die pretty soon to be replaced by another slimmer/different colored dog with one or two added tricks.
    Couldn't have put it any better!
    05-12-11 10:11 PM
    I'm a long time Apple user also (Ipad v1) along with an iphone 4 so the PB really had to catch my eye for me to consider another platform other than what I have.

So far I have worked out most of the bugs I had difficulties with on the PB to date. The PB just appeals to me with the 7" size and portability along with the multi-tasking that IOS struggles with. RIM has put a lot of effort into this tablet and it shows in most areas. I really like the device and want to hang onto it.

Things I have learned though:

1. Ipad is still more fluid with screen gestures. PB is good, but just not "as good"

2. I hate that there is no "Native" e-mail, contacts, etc. ----- Don't get me wrong, I read a lot about the PB and knew these core functions were missing from the start. I just didn't realize just how much I would miss them though. I'm not sure I can wait for these services to come to the PB by summer. I'm also wondering how these native functions will work once they are released.

3. G-mail --- I can't log into the gmail account through the PB app. It just stays blank after I select it. When I log into the browser website, gmail doesn't want to open many attachments like the ipad does. I can't view docs and picture attachments ----- Don't know what's up with that but if anyone has an answer, let me know.
    05-12-11 10:23 PM
    After all these "Return" threads, it still amazes me that people just give up $500+ for a device they dont research. Maybe Im just not a balla like that. There was zero surprises for me once I got my hands on the PB. The only speedbump that came up was AT&T not approving the bridge app.
    05-12-11 10:30 PM
    I have both and I am torn!
    05-12-11 10:38 PM
    Make sure it's 30 days, because I'm pretty sure it's only 14 days. Double check.
    Thanks I asked 2 managers 2 employees from the mobile store they said 30 but I'm gonna go On the 13 day just incase lol
    05-12-11 10:59 PM
    There was zero surprises for me once I got my hands on the PB.
    And I bet the majority would agree. From the moment it was announced to the day it was released, perspective buyers had ample time to educate themselves about what the playbook could or would not do. I am well aware of it's short comings but have enough faith in the product's future that I even purchased a 3 year protection plan.

If for whatever reason I'm disappointed with the playbook, rather than criticize it or RIM, maybe I should criticize myself for not doing enough due diligence.

Buyer Beware
    05-12-11 11:03 PM
    Why are there such long replies?!
    Look at it this way.

You don't like the PB.
    So yes. It was a bad move.
    Enjoy your iPad 2. It is a great device.
    End. Now stop arguing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 11:07 PM
    If the IT world was run by you guys we'd all be still using Nokia phones or the StarTac.
    man i *loved* my startac!
    05-12-11 11:21 PM
110 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD