A co-worker's wife upgraded from a tour to a Bold. Her Bold came with a camera but no flash, in the camera software there isn't a flash option either.

I have been around Blackberries a long time, and Have been a member of three Blackberry forums for over 5 yrs, now albeit it is possible that i have missed this issue I pose the question, is there such a horse or is this either a Verizon or RIM screw up?

The phone is being returned because of the poor quality pictures it takes in low light conditions.

Is anyone out there aware of this?
    05-12-11 02:40 PM
    My Bold is in my hand right now and the lense is right next to "3.2MP" and the flash is right above next to "BOLD".......
    05-12-11 02:55 PM
    That's what i thought mine is the same way, but i thought maybe it had a wrong bezel so i checked the camera software inside and scrolled up and down and there is no flash option like there is in mine.
    05-12-11 02:59 PM
    Sure its not a curve?
    05-12-11 03:48 PM
    Having co worker recheck the box says 9650 it was a refurbished so i am wondering if they did indeed put a Curve inside a Bold Box, will post as soon as i find out.
    Last edited by LrdAnkh; 05-12-11 at 05:52 PM.
    05-12-11 05:16 PM
    They are exchanging it it was a curve sent in a 9650 box
    05-12-11 05:52 PM
    Verizon does actually have a Bold without a camera, not that you see much of them, it was released. I am a little bit more concerned that they shipped a Curve in a Bold box.
    05-12-11 08:14 PM
    There's a Bold without a camera but not a Bold with a camera with no camera flash.
    05-12-11 08:19 PM
    Thanks MM i knew that was just not sure if i had missed a hybrid of sorts, we have now determined it was a curve that was sent in a bold box by mistake
    05-12-11 08:48 PM
    Verizon does actually have a Bold without a camera, not that you see much of them, it was released. I am a little bit more concerned that they shipped a Curve in a Bold box.
    It was a refurbished model and apparently thats where the mistake took place, if it wasn't a deliberate attempt from someone swiping the bold
    05-12-11 08:50 PM
    The bezel would be different on the Curve as well. But RIM didn't make a Bold that doesn't have a flash with the camera. Glad they are exchanging it for her.
    05-12-11 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD