Check out m.opera.com.
    Or read their blog or news updates.

It's now on 6.0 update 1 with faster url address typing and text field typing. Which was very slow.

Finally the native browser can be out.

Beware when installing. It says still version 6.0. But afterwards and with opera in help and about it says the correct version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

----

Opera Mini 6 update 1 for BlackBerry
    Today we released Opera Mini 6 update 1 for BlackBerry devices.

The changes include:
    Several issues when typing in a textfield have been fixed.
    Performance when editing large text areas has been improved.
    URL Auto-completion bug fixes.
    Trackball up and down now jumps to the beginning and end of text in a single line text field.

To download Opera Mini 6 update 1 for BlackBerry, visit http://m.opera.com/ on your phone or
    Opera Mini & Opera Mobile – Download on your
    PC.

As always, we welcome your feedback here in our forum, and please report any bugs in our
    bug report wizard. Thanks!

Regards,
    The Opera Mini Team
    Last edited by gdanonym; 05-12-11 at 09:57 AM.
    05-12-11 09:49 AM
    my.opera.com/chooseopera/blog/2011/05/12/blackberry-users-rejoice-opera-mini-updated

05-12-11 09:53 AM
    First off thank you for Opera 6, this is the ONLY way I can enjoy OS6 on my 9650.
    The native browser without word wrap and the ability to enlarge a page easily, make it useless to me.
    When I go to the Opera websight I see links for iPhone and Android but not BB, when I use the wizard and select BB from the list all I get is links for the 7000 models and the 8100 Pearl. I see no links for the 9650 (or any newer Berry).
    05-12-11 11:31 AM
    First off thank you for Opera 6, this is the ONLY way I can enjoy OS6 on my 9650.
    The native browser without word wrap and the ability to enlarge a page easily, make it useless to me.
    When I go to the Opera websight I see links for iPhone and Android but not BB, when I use the wizard and select BB from the list all I get is links for the 7000 models and the 8100 Pearl. I see no links for the 9650 (or any newer Berry).
    When I clicked on the provided mobile link using my native browser my phone type was auto-detected & I went right to the download. If u use Opera it doesn't work that way.

05-12-11 01:11 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. I love Opera!

05-12-11 01:12 PM
    My about version says 10.00 build 838. Is this right ?

Using the "About:" command.
    05-12-11 01:52 PM
    Mine says 6,0,24851 build 1

05-12-11 02:09 PM
    I got it, I had to use native browser.
    Thanks again for this, Opera rocks.

05-12-11 02:47 PM
    The "multiple text input fixes" work pretty well. On other forums when replying to a post, OM just freezes and requires a battery pull.

05-12-11 02:49 PM
    Got the updated version and the typing lag is fixed thnk gd! One HUGE request tho, PLEEEEASE bring back the option to stop a page frm loading by pressing the return key! Currently the only way is to click the top menu and scroll to the X which takes for ever!

05-12-11 04:16 PM
    Thanks for the heads up

05-12-11 09:58 PM
    I've tried updating to the new version from the opera website, but the version still says 6.0.

Any suggestions?

05-12-11 09:59 PM
    I've tried updating to the new version from the opera website, but the version still says 6.0.

Any suggestions?

Re-read the OP - pay special attention to the last part.
    05-12-11 10:24 PM
    <333333

Thank you Opera.
    Large text was so annoying. D:
    05-12-11 10:30 PM
    Thanks for the update Opera and thanks OP for the heads up!
    05-12-11 10:39 PM
    OM is a must have app for BB users!

Love this browser.

05-12-11 10:43 PM
    Re-read the OP - pay special attention to the last part.
    Gotcha. I see it now (v. 6.0.24851, update 1). Thanks.

05-12-11 10:50 PM
    Did they bring back the option to have it open links by default instead of the native browser?

05-13-11 10:06 AM
    Quick question to those that have grabbed the new version: Did you need to re-add all your bookmarks after loading the new version? Because it would be really sweet if that didn't need to be done. I have regular bookmarks that I use on a daily basis, and it is super irritating to need to re-add them every time.
    05-13-11 10:46 AM
    Quick question to those that have grabbed the new version: Did you need to re-add all your bookmarks after loading the new version? Because it would be really sweet if that didn't need to be done. I have regular bookmarks that I use on a daily basis, and it is super irritating to need to re-add them every time.
    Nope. Everything was there after installing the updated version.

05-13-11 10:52 AM
    This version has made my 9630's cursor go crazy. You know when you use the BB Browser and the cursor doesn't quite line up with the link when you go to click it and it becomes jittery? Yeah...it does that. All the time in fact. I hit the BB key, scroll left to move to the "close" button, and half the time it refreshes the page. If I do manage to hit the "close" button, when the menu pops up guess how easy it is to click "yes" to exit the application?

Scroll down a page with the cursor on the far left of the screen and depending on page length it will end up in the middle or the far right (it will move the screen right, in fact). Scroll up, the cursor remains where it started.

Starting to scroll downwards, the screen will go upwards instead once in a while.

This is unfortunate, because 4.x had become unusably slow to load pages sometimes. Select a bookmark and it would just load and load and load and never progress. Click Esc, reselect the link, and there it goes. Now 6.x is unusable due to the twitchy cursor...
    05-13-11 02:14 PM
    Is there a way to import my Blackberry Browser bookmarks to Opera Mini? That would be the greatest thing ever for me. I'd do away with BBB all together.

05-13-11 02:30 PM
    Did they bring back the option to have it open links by default instead of the native browser?

I'm not aware that one could open links by default with this browser. However, I do know that if you go to a link (e.g. in an email), hover over it with your cursor, and click the BlackBerry button, you'll get a pop-up menu where you'll see the option to open the link in Opera Mini (near the top of the list).

Hopefully that answers your question.

05-15-11 01:17 AM
    I'm not aware that one could open links by default with this browser. However, I do know that if you go to a link (e.g. in an email), hover over it with your cursor, and click the BlackBerry button, you'll get a pop-up menu where you'll see the option to open the link in Opera Mini (near the top of the list).

Hopefully that answers your question.

Yes. There was a version a few back that did it. But thank you. That's good to know. Ill check it out.

05-15-11 01:22 AM
    One gripe that I have is that it still doesn't have pinch to zoom support.

If it would have pinch to zoom and open links by default to opera, this would 100% be my main browser!
    05-15-11 12:52 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD