So my father came back from Fl from being over there for 2 months and when he came back he gave me his bold 9700 which was like a week old before he left.....well he got it wet at the beach and he told me he went to AT&T and they sold him a new phone saying there is no hope for this one.

Now that I'm messing with it red light goes,charges,key lights go on but there's nothing on the screen. Then out of no where the screen went on for like a sec and it never went back on again.

Does anyone know what the problem can be? Besides that it did get wet. But is it worth maybe buying a new screen?
    05-11-11 10:45 PM
    Well clearly its got water damage thats for sure,.

Remove the battery and check the white sticker near the batter connection point and on the battery, are they white or pink? Means there is water damage.

You should turn a phone on unless its 100% dry, but too late now. Could be the battery is damaged so try another 9700 battery first.

Failing that remove the battery and place the phone in a bowl of dry white rice for 24 hours, the rice will soak up any excess water from the phone.

Plug battery back in and hope for the best.

In worst comes to worst you could try a new screen since they not that expensive.
    Cracked9000 likes this.
    05-12-11 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD