I've gotten the sense that pretty much everyone here has both a playbook and a blackberry phone. I'm curious to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me and going solo with the playbook (my phone is a Nokia). The playbook is actually my very first RIM product.
    05-10-11 07:31 PM
    I use the Playbook solo. I bought it more for web portability around the house primarily. All my personal email is on-line and I have always preferred to access them via the web.

I'm happy with the playbook.
    05-10-11 07:42 PM
    The playbook will also be my first RIM device (arrives on friday). The 7" formfactor and power of the hardware/OS are what enticed me to purchase.
    05-10-11 07:42 PM
    I use an iPhone, and would have bought an iPad or xoom, but greatly prefer the 7" screen. I also fell in love with the operating system while playing with it at staples. I used to love blackberry phones and was looking forward to the new bold touch until this evening. I've been stuck at this "Unable to display the BlackBerry ID Agreement" error for 2 hours. It reminds me of pulling the battery 1-2 times per week.

I knew this was not going to be a completely smooth transition as the playbook is still a work in progress. Because I view this tablet as a non necessity I am trying to be patient. I do wonder if anyone else has a playbook with a slight bulge in the back.
    05-10-11 07:50 PM
    I would be in this category, but they haven't produced the keyboard dock yet. That or if I find a cheaper deal, which it seems there are none so far...
    05-10-11 07:53 PM
    I use an iPhone, and would have bought an iPad or xoom, but greatly prefer the 7" screen. I also fell in love with the operating system while playing with it at staples. I used to love blackberry phones and was looking forward to the new bold touch until this evening. I've been stuck at this "Unable to display the BlackBerry ID Agreement" error for 2 hours. It reminds me of pulling the battery 1-2 times per week.

I knew this was not going to be a completely smooth transition as the playbook is still a work in progress. Because I view this tablet as a non necessity I am trying to be patient. I do wonder if anyone else has a playbook with a slight bulge in the back.
    It looks like at least a few others do b_wood: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/bu...aybook-607053/
    b_wood00 likes this.
    05-10-11 07:56 PM
    This is my first rim product and until they put the playbook os on a phone i would likely get one.
    05-10-11 08:02 PM
    Just the PlayBook right now. My next phone , however, will be on that I can tether the PlayBook to.
    05-10-11 08:05 PM
    I've gotten the sense that pretty much everyone here has both a playbook and a blackberry phone. I'm curious to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me and going solo with the playbook (my phone is a Nokia). The playbook is actually my very first RIM product.
    LOL Exact same situation. Nokia as the phone as well, a lousy smartphone that I don't mind abusing. PB is the first RIM product I own, though I have used BB's for work.
    05-10-11 08:06 PM
    I have a family member with a dumb phone and a Playbook. Has only ever used Yahoo for mail and doesn't want or need a smartphone. The Playbook will be a constant companion since she has 3 hour (+) dialysis sessions/3 times a week.
    05-10-11 08:06 PM
    I had a BB Tour before, but the trackball was horrible. Now I have a HTC EVO (rooted). I take my PlayBook everywhere and use my EVO to connect to web. I am a Mac user as well.
    Last edited by cschmach; 05-11-11 at 06:39 AM.
    05-10-11 08:17 PM
    First RIM product. My phone is a HTC HD7.
    05-10-11 08:24 PM
    ditto for me. my nokia C3 is from the gas station at the corner. no BB for me yet..maybe my next phone will be a RIM product, if the cost of wireless data comes down!
    05-10-11 08:26 PM
    Apple fanboy loving the PB. Not a huge fan of the iPad. Love the size and works well with both my iPhone 4 and MacBook Pro.
    05-10-11 08:54 PM
    this is my first RIM product and I love it, I am still waiting for bbphone apollo, it is indeed the design of this future phone is what i want
    05-10-11 09:07 PM
    I have an iPhone 4. I bought the Playbook because of the shortcomings of the iPAD (eg Flash), and I like the hardware and OS. I would like a tablet with a bigger screen, and will likely wait for the iPad 3.
    05-10-11 09:11 PM
    Mac user here with iPhone and iPad. Why do I bother with the PB? I don't know. Perhaps it's because all my Macs and iDevices are working so well, I need something buggy like the PB to keep me busy after work. It's kinda fun tweaking with the PB.
    with all your little fanboy devices it's a wonder you have the time to troll around crackberry.
    05-10-11 09:27 PM
    I use the Evo as my phone and playbook solo. I absolutely love my playbook and look forward to it getting even better with future updates. cant wait until this summer when we can do android apps.
    05-10-11 09:39 PM
    PB only right here and no smart phone.
    05-10-11 09:59 PM
    PB is my first Rim device as well I take it with me everywhere and have it constantly tethered to my nokia n8. I would be great if they released a good im for it maybe a pidgin port or the like.
    05-10-11 10:14 PM
    Bold 9700 was my entry to BB's. Then the 9780. Loved the unit. Got bored and currently on an iphone 4.
    Playbook primarily for browsing, email (web based), movies rdp. Works well the iphone-personal hotspot. Am willing to wait for native PIN on the device.
    05-10-11 10:25 PM
    I use the EVO as well. I can't imagine buying something just because of the name that is on it. I am much more likely to NOT buy something because of the name.

I chose the playbook for several reasons, much the same way I chose the EVO. Form factor was big, but I believe that this will be the most usable tablet for business use. The entertainment was a plus, but I am finding that I like that more and more.

There is no way I see myself changing from the EVO, at least not where RIM is with smartphones right now.
    05-10-11 10:26 PM
    Great thread! I use a iPhone 4 and a Nexus S. I can use either as a hotspot with the Playbook. I also have the iPad 2 and a Asus transformer but I wanted a smaller tablet to take with me when I am out. I am loving the Playbook so far. Can't wait till Rim gets some of the native apps out.
    Last edited by stevestjs; 05-10-11 at 10:50 PM.
    05-10-11 10:47 PM
    I have a Droid X.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 11:36 PM
    Sold my five months old GALAXY TAB 32Gb for the PB 64Gb version! This is worthy!Waiting impatiently for the new update with native email app and PIM support, this completes PB's only shortcoming! Currently using an old faithful samsung flip-flop feature phone!
    Last edited by MUGHALGXT; 05-10-11 at 11:46 PM.
    05-10-11 11:42 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD