So I've had my 8820 for 3 years or so and it has been pretty much problem free until now:

The only way I can get the phone to turn on and off is by taking the battery out or placing it back. When it does turn on, the OS loads and that's it. The phone is on, LED is working, etc., but none of the buttons or the trackball work. Once the screen goes to standby the only way to get it back on is with a battery pull.

I've tried reloading the OS with different versions multiple times and am trying to get a few more months of use out of this phone until the dakota hits. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    05-10-11 07:04 PM
    My suggestion would be to leave the battery out for a couple of days. My BB 8820 was just flashing red led and thats it. I tried to leave it out for an hour with no success. I went on vacation for a week, and left the battery off the BB, and when I came back, I replaced the battery and reloaded the OS and bam, everything has been back to normal. I'm not sure how long really to leave it without the battery, but I guess a good 2 or three days will do it......remember that the all phone mother boards have a little lithium battery that's the size of those used in hearing aids, that I assume is used to store some sort of memory with some sort of capacitors. All power need to be drained and exhausted for a full reset of the BB.

Hope this helps someone!!
    07-06-11 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD