T-Mobile G-Slate vs BlackBerry PlayBook vs Apple iPad 2 vs Motorola XOOM - Phone Arena

I thought this one is an interesting review....well better than the usual ones.

And here is the youtube video of it.........I recommend the video.

Last edited by evolutionPlaybook; 05-09-11 at 06:50 PM.
    05-09-11 02:55 PM
    good article!
    05-09-11 03:06 PM
    A very good and objective article. Good Stuff!!!!!!
    05-09-11 03:24 PM
    Alright alright, i'll take it as a good read with valid points.
    05-09-11 03:57 PM
    there;s another one for pb from forbes.com..this morning..
    Last edited by sportline; 05-09-11 at 05:53 PM.
    05-09-11 05:34 PM
    i agree good article. Each tablet has its own great things that it exceeds at while other things it struggles at.
    05-09-11 05:34 PM
    But the thing that gets me is that even when reviewer CLEARLY distinguishes the PlayBook's features over the the competition, they still can't bring themselves to declare it in their conclusion.

The guy from Techno Buffalo did the same thing. He described better PlayBook features but declared the iPad2 a better device.

WTF
    05-09-11 05:44 PM
    You know what guys sorry to say it but if rim was an american company it would be welcomed with open arms because its canadian its always being put down. Ya I know say ot I'm crazy but you all know its TRUE!!!!!!
    05-09-11 06:13 PM
    You know what guys sorry to say it but if rim was an american company it would be welcomed with open arms because its canadian its always being put down. Ya I know say ot I'm crazy but you all know its TRUE!!!!!!
    I hate to say it but I was thinking the same thing.
    05-09-11 06:16 PM
    Here we go with the conspiracy theories.
    05-09-11 06:22 PM
    I'm sorry guys its true I wish there was a way to prove it but I obviously can't
    All these loggers and analyst are all american based most of them pretty much all of them
    And its always doom and gloom like really never anything nice.
    This is a global company that has just become global it has has a huge future ahead of it if this were any other american company that makes just as much money and growth it would be praised and the comparison to palm is completely disrespectful and for those that believe this are just lying . When palm came out with web os they praised it because. It was american
    05-09-11 06:45 PM
    Here we go with the conspiracy theories.
    What conspiracy?
    05-09-11 06:46 PM
    What conspiracy?
    The fact that RIM is Canadian has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING. The US government uses their products. Reviewers are not dismissing RIM because they are Canadian. That is just nonsense. What about all the non American brands/manufacturers that these guys review?

Like I said, the SGS 2 was just ranked extremely high. Samsung isn't American, so what's the excuse?
    05-09-11 06:48 PM
    You're not crazy, just not politically correct. ;-)

In before some dude says "Conspiracy!"... oops too late.

The fact that RIM is Canadian has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING. The US government uses their products. Reviewers are not dismissing RIM because they are Canadian. That is just nonsense. What about all the non American brands/manufacturers that these guys review?

Like I said, the SGS 2 was just ranked extremely high. Samsung isn't American, so what's the excuse?
    This is what you fail to see: It is not an "ALL-or-NOTHING" proposition. The media and financial market *overall*, but not everyone, will favor the "local" company. Yes, US government uses RIM products but if the US government is presented with an US alternative equivalent to RIM's solution, I bet they will favor the US solution. That's how things work in this world and I don't blame anyone for doing that because I would do the same. But what I despise is the media, which in principle is supposed to be non-biased.

Samsung: It doesn't mean anything. See below.

Motorola is an american company and the xoom bombed against the ipad and it is regularly critiqued the same way because it is inferior. Nothing nationalistic about it.
    Moto failing in the US market does not mean there is no bias against RIM. These an unrelated. I'm sure there are chinese businesses failing in China every day, does that mean the chinese government isn't favoring homeground businesses over foreign businesses? No.
    Last edited by Intosh; 05-09-11 at 07:16 PM.
    05-09-11 06:51 PM
    Isnt this just the written version of this video?

Which was discussed here -
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ph...ground-609849/
    05-09-11 06:52 PM
    I'm sorry guys its true I wish there was a way to prove it but I obviously can't
    All these loggers and analyst are all american based most of them pretty much all of them
    This is a global company that has just become global it has has a huge future ahead of it if this were any other american company that makes just as much money and growth it would be praised and the comparison to palm is completely disrespectful and for those that believe this are just lying . When palm came out with web os they praised it because. It was american
    They praised webOS because there was absolutely nothing like it on any smartphone available. The first thing reviewers said when they saw QNX was "It looks like webOS", which is true.

And you're right, you aren't going to be able to prove it. Keeping thinking Americans blogger/analysts hate your product. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

It's not like bloggers from other countries don't have a bad taste in their mouth about RIM right?
    05-09-11 06:53 PM

not what I meant but in the interest of keeping to the thread topic, I'll leave it alone.
    05-09-11 06:58 PM
    Motorola is an american company and the xoom bombed against the ipad and it is regularly critiqued the same way because it is inferior. Nothing nationalistic about it.
    Exactly.

Here comes the "well the Xoom just sucks so it doesn't matter" comments.
    05-09-11 06:59 PM
    not what I meant but in the interest of keeping to the thread topic, I'll leave it alone.
    You asked, "what conspiracy". I thought it was obvious what I was talking about. You agreed to the comment I called a conspiracy (bloggers/analysts writing poorly about RIM just because they are Canadian).
    05-09-11 07:01 PM
    How on earth does this apply to this thread? The OP posts up a review that includes the Playbook, the review looks favorably upon the Playbook, and not once was the Playbook disrespected in the review. So why even derail the thread with your tilted view on politics in the tech industry?
    05-09-11 07:04 PM
    i loved watching this!!! go Playbook!!!!
    05-09-11 07:12 PM
    The reason I brought this up is because someine posted that even if the playbook has far more better points then the pad they will always just recommend the ipad over it and he said wtf and I told him why .
    As for motorola they deserved to get punished by the bids at the time they were broke and operating at a lose something rim is far from but know they were and are still getting abused by theses guys far worse then motorola was or any other company, I believe its just because its canadian and as fat as the xoom has a lot of problems a lot and the so called updated has been delayed it did not get burned at the stake like the playbook by this people not even close G I wonder why the android os leads to google that's why .
    Guys sorry let's just move on because we all no its true
    05-09-11 07:25 PM
    But the thing that gets me is that even when reviewer CLEARLY distinguishes the PlayBook's features over the the competition, they still can't bring themselves to declare it in their conclusion.

The guy from Techno Buffalo did the same thing. He described better PlayBook features but declared the iPad2 a better device.

WTF
    The PlayBook seemed to win the most categories, but for different people different categories are more important. As they said, PlayBook and iPad have hardly any customization. What if the tablet for you needs customization? They said that the PlayBook wasn't good at still shots (and the iPad was worse and the PlayBook was best at videos), but what if that's what you need your tablet to do? They also couldn't really call the PlayBook a clear winner here because people would write it off as being "they prefer a 7" screen".
    05-09-11 07:28 PM
    Guys sorry let's just move on because we all no its true
    Please do not confuse "we" with yourself. You do not speak for everyone.

And have you ever though that they still recommend the iPad because it may just be easier for consumers to use? Believe it or not, tons of people outside this forum don't know their *** from their elbow when comes to tech.
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    05-09-11 07:29 PM
    I truly think that no reviewer will ever win with some of you unless the reviewers worship the product made by RIM. This guy didnt pick any tablet as a clear winner and people are crying foul.
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    05-09-11 07:37 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD