Hey everyone, I'm kinda frustrated right now, I just got my playbook last week, pairing it for the first time with my 9700, with bridge 1.0.0.83, and os 1710, was alright, until I updated PB to 1868.

I updated my bbm on my 9700, to get bbm bridged, however when I paired, my 9700 slowed down heavily, and the hourglass kept spinning, I thought perhaps this is because of the first time pairing, the phone needs some time to stabilizes, however then I'm getting app error 603.

I fresh reload the os 7 times already, delete the pairing profile, and refresh pairing, but it still giving me error 603,

pls help.

fyi I'm using the latest OS on bb9700 .534 official version.
    Last edited by Le_Victorieux; 05-08-11 at 06:49 PM. Reason: added details on bb os
    05-08-11 06:47 PM
    This happened to me (Bold 9000) as well. However, I paired them before bed, left them overnight, BBM seemed to work in the morning though. See if that goes for you too.
    05-08-11 07:01 PM
    Perhaps you can resolve the BlackBerry 9700 application error 603 issue by reading knowledge base article (23951 ) "App Error 603" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone. While your device runs device code v5.0 and the article only mentions device code v6.0 it might still point you in the right direction.
    05-08-11 07:35 PM
    thx wsoelivan and bb9700ca for the reply,

i'm trying to reload the os for the 8th time. I've read the kb article it is very confusing. :$
    05-08-11 08:23 PM
    still doesnt work, everytime i started the bridge my 9700 keep slowing down, and hourglass spinning all the time. I'm going to ditch my bb playbook for a while, since it's useless without bridge

if anyone had the same issue and have managed to resolve it please help.
    05-08-11 09:38 PM
    still doesnt work, everytime i started the bridge my 9700 keep slowing down, and hourglass spinning all the time. I'm going to ditch my bb playbook for a while, since it's useless without bridge

if anyone had the same issue and have managed to resolve it please help.
    Are you using a hybrid firmware on the 9700?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 09:46 PM
    no, I'm using official .534 from bell, not shrinked, not modified
    05-08-11 10:04 PM
    Try to leave them for few hours before using it. Let me know how it goes. Be patient .
    05-08-11 10:29 PM
    i have a similar problem, my BB will bridge with my PB but if i turn my pb off, try it the next day it won't work i have to delete the profile, reinstall bridge, try it 5 or 6 times or a combination of all 3 and it eventually works.
    05-08-11 11:18 PM
    Try switching over to os5. Made a big difference for me on my 9700 when bridged to my playbook. Bridging seems to be quite ram and processor intensive - and with OS6 eating up most the RAM - it bogged down my berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 11:22 PM
    Hello,

got my new playbook and although i did download the Bridge App, when i tried to pair the devices, there is no ADD A TABLET in my smartphone Bridge application. So obviously i cannot connect to Playbook. Any help?
    06-02-11 04:06 AM
    Hello,

got my new playbook and although i did download the Bridge App, when i tried to pair the devices, there is no ADD A TABLET in my smartphone Bridge application. So obviously i cannot connect to Playbook. Any help?
    Yes, I just had the same issue. I downloaded BB Bridge on my 8900. it was installed correctly, but when I open it up, it has the reviews, screenshot, and recommend buttons, but NO Add a Tablet. Deleted BB Bridge and tried it over, still same problem. I've been at it for 2 hrs now, and still no luck getting the Add a Tablet button. Carrier is AT&T, and I have Bluetooth ON.

can someone help
    07-29-11 12:37 AM
    Hey everyone, I'm kinda frustrated right now, I just got my playbook last week, pairing it for the first time with my 9700, with bridge 1.0.0.83, and os 1710, was alright, until I updated PB to 1868.

pls help.

Don't you need 1.0.0.93? Get it here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pgrade-621230/

Oh sorry old thread - I did this so long ago I don't remember the routine.. but check that thread...

I've heard some people have reverted back to OS5 to get it to work right but honestly no idea...I stuck with OS5 and its just fine for me...

Sometimes if I disable bluetooth on my phone I can't get it to pair again, (blue LED flashing) unless I battery pull the phone - or do random stuff like bluetooth off/on on playbook same on BOLD..not sure what eventually makes it connect.

All I know is that when its NOT working there is a white dash after "Bluetooth" on the phone in the Connection menu, instead of the green check and "connected" in green... guess that means its on but not paired with anything.. If this makes no sense its late...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-29-11 at 03:46 AM.
    07-29-11 03:37 AM

I updated my bbm on my 9700, to get bbm bridged, however when I paired, my 9700 slowed down heavily, and the hourglass kept spinning, I thought perhaps this is because of the first time pairing, the phone needs some time to stabilizes, however then I'm getting app error 603.

I fresh reload the os 7 times already, delete the pairing profile, and refresh pairing, but it still giving me error 603,

pls help.

definately go back to os 5. I thought 6 would be great too and thought 60mb would be enough, but it uses 35 of that just to operate and 25mb is not enough to run a BB on without problems coming up unless your an app amish.

OS 5 isnt that bad anyways.
    07-29-11 08:19 AM
    OS6 seems to do nothing but make the UI look more like playbook - not sure what else it does for you, but if it ain't broke don't fix it I always say...
    Kerrstar likes this.
    07-29-11 11:30 AM
    so OS5 can solve the bridge problem? that would includes the BBM not starting on PB too right? it's the only bridge app doesn't work on my PB and if it takes OS5 to solve I will surely revert back in an instant!
    07-29-11 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD