From HoFo

(y)
    08-13-08 11:03 AM
    that's hot, can't wait for this phone.
    08-13-08 11:08 AM
    I just wish the 3rd phone in the comparison pic was a Bold rather than a 88xx.
    08-13-08 11:14 AM
    The Javellin is looking nice!!!
    08-13-08 11:19 AM
    See, this only confirms what I've posted already. The Javelin looks much better than the Bold. This device is just plain ol SEXY!!! Not to mention the trade-offs compared to the Bold as well.

Edit: Paul: the Bold and the 88xx are quite similar in size.

EDIT 2:
    08-13-08 11:38 AM
    Nice post wanna sell it? lol
    08-13-08 11:42 AM
    Hmmm, its kindof difficult to get a good look at that keyboard. I cant tell how the spacing is between the keys. It looks like the keyboard is all pushed a bit tighter together compared to the curve. Its good to see the green number keys arent on this particular build. As long as the keys still have a bit of space between them i will be a happy camper. Looking forward to more pics.
    08-13-08 02:49 PM
    You are corrct the keyboard spacing is much closer than the Curve. I guess one as to physically play with it to know exactly what it feels like. I loved it the first day I played with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 02:59 PM
    The Javelin > The Bold

IMHO sliiiiiick!
    08-13-08 03:05 PM
    Ooo I cannot wait! This is driving me crazy!
    08-13-08 03:08 PM
    i know i'm gonna get yelled at for this, but which 1 is the Javellin?
    08-13-08 03:08 PM
    i know i'm gonna get yelled at for this, but which 1 is the Javellin?
    *doh* *DOH* *DOH*

The one in the middle!! (AKA : The one that is not the Curve or 8800!!)
    08-13-08 03:12 PM
    *doh* *DOH* *DOH*

The one in the middle!! (AKA : The one that is not the Curve or 8800!!)

i'm glad i asked cause i thought it was the 1 on the far right.
    08-13-08 03:17 PM
    i'm glad i asked cause i thought it was the 1 on the far right.
    *ouch* The 88xx is nowhere near sexy enough to be the Javelin haha
    08-13-08 03:27 PM
    the javelin is looking sweet, im definetly waiting for this one.
    thanks for the pic paul.r
    08-13-08 03:28 PM
    i already made up my mind this javelin should be coiming to tmo by november ill pass on the bold and other early released 3g phone untill am sure all kinks with 3g is ironed out which am giving 6months then by then i believe the bold or a 3g blackberry will be released on tmo
    08-13-08 04:09 PM
    I'm just concerned that it hasn't even been announced. The Bold was announced in May and here we are three months later and still nothing (but it should be here by early September if rumors hold true). No reports of FCC approval, relative lack of leaks and rumors when compared to the Bold.

So unless things are vastly different, I just have a lack of faith that this thing will see the light of day before November or December at the earliest.
    08-13-08 04:22 PM
    I wish they'd stop making these things so frigging small. I think the curve is considerably tighter than the 8800 and this Javelin is tighter than the curve. What are we? The Teeny Tiny family? If I could jam the technology of the javelin into the body of those older big blackberrys, I would.

08-13-08 05:01 PM
    Not me. I want a QWERTY keyboard in something as small as practically possible. The Curve is about as perfect sized device as I have used. I think the Javelin will only be an improvement.

Size is one thing that makes me wary of the Bold, especially with the Javelin out there on the horizon.
    08-13-08 05:11 PM
    I agree with the bold being a bit too big. But until i see a better quality picture of that keyboard im hesitant to say that i will like the javelins more than the curves. I love my curves layout and the keys spacing is perfect for me. To be honest i was surprised to see the keys that close together in this pic. The older pictures (green numbers on the keys) made the keyboard look almost identical to the curves.

Either way im buying this phone, it may just take some getting used to.
    Last edited by shorynot; 08-13-08 at 05:31 PM.
    08-13-08 05:21 PM
    Paul, nothing is set in stone. But just because nothing has been announced "officially" means nothing. I mean, look at all the VZW people. NOTHING has been officially announced about VZW having exclusive rights to this device, but that is what everyone believes.
    It sounds to me like you're wishing against the device. It looks like you're trying to find any and all negatives. The device is coming. If you can't wait, get something else. I'm NOT being rude, but its coming. Look at all the speculation surrounding the Bold. That is exactly why RIM does things the way they do. I'm not going to say when this is officially launching, I'm not real positive, I have heard things, and as I've said, most of the rumors look to be pretty true. But how's about we look at the positives and forget about the negative thinking.

edit: Shory, have you actually really looked at the Bolds keyboard?? Maybe you havn't seen a close enough pic. The Javelins keys more closely resemble the Curve compared to the Bold.
    08-13-08 05:39 PM
    I can't wait for this launch. I was planning on getting the Bold but this is just so much better. How much do you expect it to be launced at (as far as price)? I think its smaller than the bold to.
    08-13-08 06:36 PM
    wow the javelin is smaller than the curve, thats SEXY
    08-13-08 06:51 PM
    i gonna buy the bold since it s 3g but if the javelin was 3g i wil have taken the javelin , i like better the comestic of the javelin vs the bold
    08-13-08 06:54 PM
    thats hot
    08-13-08 06:58 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD