Ever since I updated to v1868 I have not been able to open any attachments on my PB. I have it bridged to my Torch (AT&T). My Torch opens all attachments fine but it gives me error (121045252). This holds for Word and Excel files. Any ideas? Also, has anyone found a way to save email attachments on the PB?

Thanks in advance.

Kurt
    05-08-11 11:40 AM
    I had the same problem. First make sure you have the most recent version of the PlayBook OS and Bridge. To get it to work, I needed to re-pair the PlayBook and the BB. First, on the PlayBook go to the "cog" Tool icon, select BlackBerry Bridge and delete your BB from the PlayBook. Then go to your BB Bridge app and delete the PlayBook from your BB. Then rebuild the bridge by re-pairing the PlayBook to the BB. Worked like a charm.
    jajano likes this.
    05-08-11 01:03 PM
    I tried your approach bernerdad and no luck. I can view pictures but no Excel or Word files. Any other thoughts on what to try?
    05-08-11 08:08 PM
    Ever since I updated to v1868 I have not been able to open any attachments on my PB. I have it bridged to my Torch (AT&T). My Torch opens all attachments fine but it gives me error (121045252). This holds for Word and Excel files. Any ideas? Also, has anyone found a way to save email attachments on the PB?

Thanks in advance.

Kurt
    Strange... try looking at these settings. On your phone Options --> Bluetooth --> Your playbook should show up on the list. Click on Playbook --> Device Properties. Make sure the name of the Playbook matches correctly. Also Trusted select -->Yes, and Encryption --> Yes. exit out and save the settings.

On your phone go to the Blackberry Bridge app and turn it off then back on.

Hope that helps!
    05-09-11 11:38 AM
    I've been working with RIM support on the same issue. In my case it's because there's an IT policy within our BES set up which is restricting the size of file I can save to my Torch.

The Playbook will open an attachment which is smaller than the size limit. If you can't save attachments on your Torch at all, or have restrictions on what you can save, then you may have the same problem.

I'm trying to get our corporate IT guys to resolve my issue.
    05-09-11 12:28 PM
    Whipped99, this didn't work either. I still get an error code 121045257. I am going to call BB support but don't hold out much hope with them being able to help me as I am on AT&T and "officially", the bridge is not supposed to even work on my PB yet.
    05-15-11 03:24 PM
    please post your findings from your convo w/RIM. i too find the same thing happening. if i go to yahoo via the browser then im fine and can dlwnload the attachment. but from the bridge im screwed. so basically if you arent connected tl wifi then you cant dl thd pdf.
    05-15-11 04:02 PM
    Ok. It is fixed. I called BB PB support and they had me turn off the PB, launch desktop software, attach the PB. The desktop software says it cannot connect but it gives you an option for update. That update is a new "debrick" software that once loaded and the PB rebooted and rebridged, results in me now being able to open all attachments (my software version is still 1868). Please back up your PB prior to trying this as Support did not tell me this, and it wiped the PB clean. I had backed it up some time ago but some apps were lost. Also, I noticed that I had to reboot the PB at least once so far to get the bridge to work again. I will let you all know if this becomes an issue. I hope it was just a product of resynching the PB.

Thanks.

Kurt
    HofstraJet likes this.
    05-16-11 04:38 PM
    Thanks, kfehling. I am trying this now...the software that is being downloaded is called com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.debrick

Will report back.
    05-16-11 05:25 PM
    Ok. It is fixed. I called BB PB support and they had me turn off the PB, launch desktop software, attach the PB. The desktop software says it cannot connect but it gives you an option for update. That update is a new "debrick" software that once loaded and the PB rebooted and rebridged, results in me now being able to open all attachments (my software version is still 1868). Please back up your PB prior to trying this as Support did not tell me this, and it wiped the PB clean. I had backed it up some time ago but some apps were lost. Also, I noticed that I had to reboot the PB at least once so far to get the bridge to work again. I will let you all know if this becomes an issue. I hope it was just a product of resynching the PB.

Thanks.

Kurt
    im glad u called. i was starting to wonder if you had some aversion to the phone. lol

that trick worked on an issue i had also (my pb came w/o Adobe loaded. ) before anyone tries this be sure to back up your pb as this will wipe it. if u haven't backed up just remember its dramatically different from backing up your phone. you are backing up GIGS of data and it ain't quick. it's not a 1:1 ratio backup but it's a large file.
    05-16-11 05:29 PM
    Thanks, kfehling. I am trying this now...the software that is being downloaded is called com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.debrick

Will report back.
    .....hope you don't have docs or anything thats not backed up or synced
    05-16-11 05:32 PM
    All I had on there were some movies and a bunch of misc apps from AppWorld. Nothing that isn't easier to reload onto a clean install instead of restoring a backup. I actively try not to store any unique content on mobile devices...too much risk of loss.
    05-16-11 05:35 PM
    I can confirm that kfehling's method works. I can now open Word docs and PDFs that are attached to emails through the bridge. Worked on both BES and BIS emails.

Thanks for posting that fix.
    05-16-11 06:13 PM
    Oh, and this also fixes the bug that wouldn't allow me to open my calendar or memo items. Very happy camper here.
    05-16-11 06:18 PM
    what about for those using a MAC?
    05-17-11 06:56 PM
    Thanks - this worked perfectly. Thanks also for reminding me to back up although like you still early days on the PB so not much to back up other than a few movies and settings.

This is a pretty big issue to keep quiet about. Seems there are still too many bugs for me to say this is a "Business" or "Enterprise" tablet without getting it thrown back at me. Potential yes but not yet. Its a pity that so much attention is on them - the iPad was rubbish when it came out as well.

Cheers
    05-24-11 04:09 AM
    I decided to test some attachments. I sent myself four different emails with attachments.

1) .xlsx 2) .pdf 3) .docx 4) .xls

I was able to open all of the attachments except the .xlsx which is the new (2007) Excel format.

The error I received just under the attachment is "Attachment not on media card"

I am actually on hold for tech support as I type this.

UPDATE:
    This is a know issue with RIM. You can read what I was told from tech support here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...01#post6359001
    Last edited by EdS817; 05-25-11 at 12:27 PM.
    05-24-11 03:48 PM
    Had the same problem to open attachment in bridge, error as 121045257,

everything went back ok after removing the Bluetooth pairing and reconnect the bridge, thanks for the info.
    05-30-11 10:27 AM
    Seen the same, words not opening, not onmedia card. Works out after restart. Fairly normal for pb, most things need reboot after a while. Amateur no more!
    05-30-11 11:21 AM
    I am still having this issue with my PB, even after uninstalling the bridge, reinstalling, rebooting numerous times and then doing the "brick update." I called tech support and they said PB can only down files under 30kb over bridge e-mail. What good is that?
    06-16-11 08:44 PM
    Am I missing something or can you really only open files under 30kb?
    06-24-11 08:37 PM
    As a quick test I just sent myself a 52kb topo map. It opened fine. And now a 102kb picture.

I pushed the envelope even further 961kb photo
    Last edited by F2; 06-24-11 at 09:38 PM.
    06-24-11 09:20 PM
    This is a pretty big issue to keep quiet about. Seems there are still too many bugs for me to say this is a "Business" or "Enterprise" tablet without getting it thrown back at me. Potential yes but not yet. Its a pity that so much attention is on them - the iPad was rubbish when it came out as well. Cheers
    I have to agree. This is BIG NEWS and I'll tell you why....

I'm one of those people that frequent this forum and read about all the short comings of the PB, then wait to see if the update will fix the problems or bugs. I've read over and over and over again all those threads about people returning their PB and all I can say to that is that the T.V. commercials must be working. I say that because anyone who buys a PB then returns it the next day obviously didn't know what they were buying. They probably saw the cool T.V. commercials and went out and got one.

I've read and I've read and then I go into my local Future Shop or BestBuy and connect via the bridge and test things out.

You see, I AM going to buy a PB....SOMEDAY.... and one of the key features is the ability to open attachments. So far I haven't been able to do so. I've even gone into the properties to update the PB at the store to make sure they have the most current OS (you'd be surprised how many times I've done that). I know my Bridge on my phone is always up to date (even though I don't own a PB yet). With this new information, it appears that I may not be able to test it in the store unless someone at the store follows the same procedures.

I've seen people have no problems and others have problems. It's a major concern for me and I always thought that it could be related to my phone. I have the 8350i and even after reading this news, I'm still not sure it's related to my phone or not. I can use all the other features but it's just opening up attachments. This tablet will be prefect for my business. Taking pictures and HD videos and having the ability to show them to potential clients is going to be so professional that sales will increase just because of it.

I'm always on the road and daily appointments sometimes change on the fly and I have to be re-routed. I usually get sent a pdf file but the file is so small that I have to pull over and zoom in and well...with a PB all of that is gone.

I'll be able to do estimates of jobs where the clients will send my pictures. Everything will work better but I've been holding off because of this problem I've been having with file attachments.

Sorry for the long post (it's my first about the PB) but I do have one last question.... which I'll start in another thread.

Thanks...

P.S. Thank you to everyone that helps out everyone else with problems. It helps out not only the people that are having the problems, but also potential buyers (like myself).

P.S.S. If anyone buys a PB 64 GB and needs to sell it, I'll take it off your hands for $200 or $300....lol
    06-24-11 10:19 PM
    I hear your complaints about the PB and there are certainly some items that I have bene challenged with but this is SOOOO much better than any other device that I have tried for business purposes.

Just wish that there was a smoother path but I guess that's what our beta testing has been for!!

I really like the PB a lot...and am patient enough to wait for the bugs to be worked out.
    06-28-11 06:34 PM
    I really like the PB a lot...and am patient enough to wait for the bugs to be worked out.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Even if there are features that we may want, what the PB does already, it does very well. I have had mine for a little over a month and it is in constant use. All that I have to say is well done RIM and I can't wait to see where this awesome little device goes.
    06-28-11 08:49 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD