All I seem to read on this forum anymore is people b*tching about how RIM sent out an inferior product, and how can they compete and blah blah blah.

Seriously?????? Do you think that RIM is going to leave the tablet this way? RIM is not sitting there going "hahaha stupid Americans/Canucks! We got them to buy a worthless piece of ****."

They rushed to production because we forced them to.

My experience with this tablet has been nothing short of stellar. So I have to check my own spelling, big deal. They underlined it, and last I checked, I'm an adult and certainly capable of spelling. So I have to login to gmail on my browser or etc. Big deal, email is coming.

Apps are coming, plus there are a lot of great ones now.

It all depends on how you present yourself. If you're having issues or don't understand something and post a valid question, you'll most likely get a useful response. On the other hand, if you come in here whining and complaining about everything you don't like that's already been complained about literally thousands of times (no native email, bridge doesn't do this and that, or the generic "it's a half-baked product", etc, etc), well, be prepared to hear from a lot of people that they're sick of hearing it.
    If you have an issue, post on this forum and I/we will help you. If you have news or found something cool about the PlayBook, post it, I want to know. If you found a cool app, post about it, I want to try it out too.

If you're about to complain about how much you hate the PlayBook and blah blah blah, I suggest the mods open a forum for complaints so that the rest of us don't have to get pissed reading this forum.

Update: Vote on this issue here.
    Last edited by Bluemax413; 05-08-11 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Updated with well articulated quote.
    05-08-11 09:43 AM
    I completely agree with you. I am getting sick and tired of all these pointless complaints. It's almost always about stuff that we are getting later, and the majority of those complainers didn't read about the PB at all, before buying it. If they did, they would have nothing to complain about because this site, as well as every review states the bad, and the good of the device. Including apps that aren't yet available for the PB such as native email/calender among others. It's just getting to ridiculous. If you don't like the PB, we don't care. Take it back and get yourself an iPad or Xoom.
    05-08-11 09:50 AM
    YES... Thank you, well said.
    05-08-11 09:50 AM
    Could not agree more!
    05-08-11 09:51 AM
    Have to agree with you on this...
    05-08-11 09:52 AM
    I could not agree more.
    05-08-11 09:54 AM
    here's the funny part..
    most of these posters don't even own a playbook.
    they came out with THIS conclusions after reading a blog or at BEST trying a demo playbook for 5 minutes.
    illlojik likes this.
    05-08-11 10:03 AM
    Ditto that man. Well said!
    05-08-11 10:03 AM
    In my opinion, its not the complaining that's the issue. Everyone has the right to be unhappy with a device, and so some people get relief by posting about it.

What I think is ridiculous is peoples responses to those complaints. Let's be honest, one is not obligated to respond to anything on these forums - actually, we are not even obligated to read all the threads.

My advise is if you see a thread title that is obviously a complaint, don't bother clicking on it. And if you do click on a thread and find it is something you don't agree with, leave a comment and move right along.

Afterall everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and we should be able to disagree in a polite manner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 10:07 AM
    Yeah after the playbook release this forum has become a septic tank. Mostly trolls and non playbook users.
    05-08-11 10:08 AM
    In my opinion, its not the complaining that's the issue. Everyone has the right to be unhappy with a device, and so some people get relief by posting about it.

What I think is ridiculous is peoples responses to those complaints. Let's be honest, one is not obligated to respond to anything on these forums - actually, we are not even obligated to read all the threads.

My advise is if you see a thread title that is obviously a complaint, don't bother clicking on it. And if you do click on a thread and find it is something you don't agree with, leave a comment and move right along.

Afterall everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and we should be able to disagree in a polite manner.

Being honest would be noting that for every 1 post that has some good info or someone needs help with an issue, there is at least 5 posts with someone complaining about the SAME things!
    05-08-11 10:12 AM
    Being honest would be noting that for every 1 post that has some good info or someone needs help with an issue, there is at least 5 posts with someone complaining about the SAME things!
    Yes, I agree with you completely!

But this is typically how it is when new products launch. It will eventually all settle down again.

And yes, there are a lot of trolls out there, but there are also a lot of genuinely frustrated PlayBook users.

Forza4RE likes this.
    05-08-11 10:18 AM
    It's definitely much better now that they cracked down on the normal trolls a couple weeks ago. At least the forum is readable again. However there are still a lot of "low post wonders" that seem to be popping up with uninformed bashing. If they seem like they are trolling just report them to the mods. Unfortunately it seems like many iFans and Droids of the world are so insecure with there purchase and devices that they have nothing better to do than to troll the number 1 Blackberry site to try to convince themselves.
    grover5, tstrike34, buwee and 1 others like this.
    05-08-11 10:19 AM
    Great idea!

05-08-11 10:29 AM
    well its just a tablet. i bought it and i complain about it, i love it, sometimes i grew frustrated, so what? different benchmarks different expectations.
    no point having this forum if everybody speaks in same tone, praising etc.
    there were always complains. even if its already polished and mature.
    so both sides (troll side and warrior side) has to live alongside. that's what life is. compromises.
    revo2001 and akaquietstorm like this.
    05-08-11 10:40 AM
    to be honest there are a lot of topics where there is no real good response.. no one has a magic wand and a lot of the complaints are about issues that will either take time, or are things based on peoples opinion.
    i see a lot of counterproductive complaints though and its equally as frustrating
    05-08-11 10:42 AM
    I completely agree. I come here for information and solution to problems, and maybe help someone else with their issue, but reading some of these posts is beyond me about their actual purpose. I hope things change so we can take advantage and benefit from this forum rather and arguing about nonsense posts.
    05-08-11 10:46 AM
    when i am frustrated i make myself a coffe. and reading news, maybe go out and drive, or just coffe and cigarettes , or all of the above. i don't go to forum. i end up venting unnecessary arguments.
    05-08-11 10:52 AM
    There is a real reason why this forum has caused people to be "getting frustrated with this forum". Many people had higher expectations then what they purchased
    (A) first reviews
    (B) negativity
    (C) RIM being proactive
    (D) Apple comparison
    (E) the future

A- Do you recall the earliest critical reviews from the press?
    They came from review of pre-release units at a time where there were few third party apps.
    The main criticism was lack of native email.
    For those crackberry.com bb forum users, 'we' have email that works very well; why we own BB's and use 'Bridge'.

B- Negative reviewers.
    Yes, an iPhone user or Android phone user is upset. Well, this group was not the first target market for the PB by RIM.
    If you recall, the RIM primary target market, and likely still is, the BB owner and the corporate user. "Highest security" has always been the main asset. (I will no longer go into a Staples store and defend the assets of the PB.)

C- Now, RIM is playing catchup.

They have solid hardware that needs to capture
    (1) a more solid software base for the BB users,
    (2) add functionality, via fully usable apps, for the casual user - those who 'love' the iPad type functionality.

D- Apple has advantages.
    (1) more then a year of successful advertising,
    (2) time to make a second generation device that overcame problems in the first release,
    (3) a solid history of making audio/visual apps.

E- The future.
    In couple of years tablets of all kinds will be a 'commodity', just the same as laptops, desktop PC's, DVD players, MP3 players .. ya da ya da. Those of us who have lived through the revolution of PC's know this; youngsters who never went through the process do not understand that their boom apps will be history soon. Remember when the 'hot' stock was 'Netscape"? If you don't, you will soon understand future possibilities for 'Facebook'
    Last edited by mandony; 05-08-11 at 11:25 AM.
    05-08-11 11:04 AM
    Still, part of the value of this site is that it is a place where people come when they have problems because they are often good solutions or leads forthcoming. This being a new device with a new os and new apps, there is a lot of frustration out there and I don't mind people letting off steam whenever they want to. If I am having a problem with my PB, I come here to see if its just me, etc., or if I am one of many. In that sense, even the "me too" posts can be helpful. So even though I could do without the RIM is fat and stupid posts, I figure this is all part of having everything open and relatively free-wheeling.
    stubbornswiss and Forza4RE like this.
    05-08-11 11:08 AM
    Still, part of the value of this site is that it is a place where people come when they have problems because they are often good solutions or leads forthcoming.
    You are absolutely correct.

In this time of rapid change in the PB software, this forum is the first place to help me bring my software up to date.

The phone forum for my BB is a dead issue issue; major bugs have been worked out.
    I hope the PB gets cleaned up soon. I believe RIM has a firm commitment to do so.
    05-08-11 11:17 AM
    Do you recall the earliest critical reviews from the press?
    They came from review of pre-release units at a time where there were few third party apps.
    The main criticism was lack of native email.
    For those crackberry.com bb forum users, 'we' have email that works very well; why we own BB's and use 'Bridge'.

Negative reviewers.
    Yes, an iPhone user or Android phone user is upset. Well, this group was not the first target market for the PB by RIM.
    If you recall, the RIM primary target market, and likely still is, the BB owner and the corporate user. "Highest security" has always been the main asset. (I will no longer go into a Staples store and defend the assets of the PB.)

Now, RIM is playing catchup.

They have solid hardware that needs to capture
    (1) a more solid software base for the BB users,
    (2) add functionality, via fully usable apps, for the casual user - those who 'love' the iPad type functionality.

Apple has advantages.
    (1) more then a year of successful advertising,
    (2) time to make a second generation device that overcame problems in the first release,
    (3) a solid history of making audio/visual apps.

The future.
    In couple of years tablets of all kinds will be a 'commodity', just the same as laptops, desktop PC's, DVD players, MP3 players .. ya da ya da. Those of us who have lived through the revolution of PC's know this; youngsters who never went through the process do not understand that their boom apps will be history soon. Remember when the 'hot' stock was 'Netscape"? If you don't, you will soon understand future possibilities for 'Facebook'
    Wow. That was totally off-topic.

Anyway... I, for one, think that part of the problem is the responses from the pro-PlayBook side:
    'STFU and return it'.
    'You should have known better as an early adapter'.
    'You don't know how to use it the right way'.
    'Quit trolling'.
    'You're an Apple fanboy'.

With comments like these, are you really surprised that these threads continue? I find myself defending the posters who complain. Why? Because in my 4 years as part of CrackBerry, I have never seen such a display of infantile behavior.

05-08-11 11:18 AM
    well said m8
    05-08-11 11:30 AM
    Absolutely agree, these negative nellies are a good example of Apple customers .... if you are not smart enuff to handle the PB and other RIM products then shut the eff up and buy a toy, I mean an Apple iPhone/iPad.
    05-08-11 11:38 AM
    Absolutely agree, these negative nellies are a good example of Apple customers .... if you are not smart enuff to handle the PB and other RIM products then shut the eff up and buy a toy, I mean an Apple iPhone/iPad.
    It only took 2 responses for my point to be proven.

05-08-11 11:44 AM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD