I just got back from staples and they had every accessory BB had to offer for the PB.....except the convertible case. I asked when did they plan to get more in but the manager told me that they actualy sent them all back because of a recall off the shelf. He said something about how the seams come apart.

Anyone else know if this is true?
    05-07-11 09:02 PM
    Got the same reply from a Staples sales rep. yesterday…
    05-07-11 09:04 PM
    That would explain the long delay. Was supposed to be issued May 2nd but got pushed back to May 17

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 09:35 PM
    i got the convertible case from staples last week and i love it. Works great and looks great. Like it a lot better than my convertible cases for my Xoom.
    05-07-11 09:38 PM
    Mines is splitting.... THe glue near the camera hole is starting to give... Going back tomorrow
    05-07-11 09:40 PM
    darn just got one of these a week ago from staples. seems fine so far. let us know when they fix the problem I got 30 days to return this thing.
    05-07-11 10:38 PM
    glad i cancelled my order at BB site and bought an otterbox from crackberry
    05-07-11 10:56 PM
    did a review on it. Didnt like this case. Power button is way too hard to press and there is nothing to keep the flip close.

this case is much better

OneArseneWenger and Intosh like this.
    05-07-11 11:52 PM
    Nice case. I think I will change my convertible case for th Icon case.

Where do I buy the Icon case?
    05-08-11 12:20 AM
    i just picked up the icon case today at futureshop loving it so far

05-08-11 12:23 AM
    I got the official Journal case last thurs and it feels like it could survive an atomic blast. lol I am totally pleased with it! It adds very very little bulk to the pb and is a nicer leather than the convertible.

It also makes the power button harder to hit but the button is pretty much useless anyway. I just let it go into 90 second standby. Nothing can make a wake up swipe when the case is closed.
    05-08-11 12:41 AM
    icon case not sold in the US yet. their main web site says its sold on amazon but when you click on the link it just takes you to amazon.com. a search on amazon reveals nothing. anyone in canada want to pick one of these up and ship it to me? ill paypal $50.
    05-08-11 12:43 AM
    icon case not sold in the US yet. their main web site says its sold on amazon but when you click on the link it just takes you to amazon.com. a search on amazon reveals nothing. anyone in canada want to pick one of these up and ship it to me? ill paypal $50.
    I second this request. send me a PM and I will paypal you for the case, shipping and all. Really need this but no way to find it in US.

05-08-11 07:11 AM
    You should look at the Targus convertible case. On the thick side, but an amazing quality product.
    05-08-11 07:23 AM
    You should look at the Targus convertible case. On the thick side, but an amazing quality product.

Agreed. We bought 3 PBs and 3 of the Targus cases with the coupons. Everyone seems to like them. Real leather too!
    05-08-11 10:08 AM
    Agreed. We bought 3 PBs and 3 of the Targus cases with the coupons. Everyone seems to like them. Real leather too!
    The Targus "Truss" case?

I really want the Icon case but can't get it and the BB convertible case was my second choice. Crap!
    05-08-11 12:05 PM
    Personally, I saw the Icon case and didn't like it. something about the 'prongs' that hold the PB in that I didn't like. It looked thick and looked like it added some size to the overall case because it's stitched.

Personal opinion though.
    05-08-11 12:08 PM
    Meh...my convertible case seems to be doing just fine. Not worried about it.
    05-08-11 12:26 PM
    Meh...my convertible case seems to be doing just fine. Not worried about it.
    The tray did seem iffy on the connection to the binder, I supplemented with some epoxy and seems very secure now.
    05-08-11 01:17 PM
    I highly recommend the DODOcase for the PlayBook. DODOcase for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet | DODOcase
    05-09-11 01:24 AM
    My wife got the Targus Truss case from Amazon. Cheaper than the RIM convertible, but seems very well constructed, and just about the right thickness. Enough to protect it well, but thin enough so that she can still shove it into a small-ish purse and carry it around.

05-09-11 03:20 AM
    hey all, i have the convertible case and the targus truss case.

I really like the look and feel of the convertible case and how my playbook is protected all the way around. i especially like how the camera on back is protected and recessed so nothing will scratch it.

I picked up the targus case yesterday and it is a very nice case. little thicker than convertible case but has great feel overall. i like that it has the bungy strap to keep it closed and has three slots for vertical viewing.

i was to get it for 39.99 at staples (price matched officemax). i paid 49.99 for convertible case. i think i am going to keep one from targus and return convertible case since may be recall. i figure in next couple months there will be all kinds of cool cases available and i will pick up extra one.
    05-09-11 05:43 AM
    Perhaps they are making the modification I suggest here:

PlayBook Geek: Pimp my PlayBook

The Convertible Case should really work with the PB Charging Station. Not rocket science.
    lnichols likes this.
    05-09-11 09:40 AM
    I highly recommend the DODOcase for the PlayBook. DODOcase for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet | DODOcase
    Do this obscure the rear camera? When I looked at the images online, it seems as if there is no opening for the back camera (which is the one I take pictures with), so I would have to constantly take it out of the case to take pictures/video, which, in my opinion, doesn't really make it a case...
    05-09-11 11:21 AM
    My bad for not checking back on the forums.

I bought a convertible case on the weekend (May 7th) from Best Buy.

Is there any "official" word about a recall from BlackBerry on the case? I can't seem to find anything except for what's posted on forums.
    05-11-11 07:20 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD