all of a sudden last night my pb is impossible to type on and things open up on their own...totally freaks out but only when it is plugged in...unplug it and it is fine

thoughts? advice?
    05-07-11 01:01 PM
    Reboot?
    Done -> maybe the power socket is not grounded well and causes electric interference, therefore affecting the displays reliability as it works with electrical impulse.
    CatFriedRice likes this.
    05-07-11 01:08 PM
    plausible...i am visiting friends so its not an outlet i typically use...and i can actually open things or type just by hovering over the screen and not even touching it! so weird

edit: all set....was a bad outlet
    Last edited by leo1055; 05-07-11 at 01:25 PM. Reason: problem solved
    05-07-11 01:15 PM
    plausible...i am visiting friends so its not an outlet i typically use...and i can actually open things or type just by hovering over the screen and not even touching it! so weird
    Interesting, a code in the device may have spontaneously developed some kind of pseudo-conscience and re-programming the original program. You may want to document it just in case it's a "Rise Of The PlayBook" situation.
    05-07-11 01:16 PM
    Interesting, a code in the device may have develop some kind of pseudo-conscience and re-programming the original program.
    yeah and i know it doesnt sound believable but i swear that it responds when my fingers are close but not quite touching screen...works totally as expected when unplugged!
    05-07-11 01:18 PM
    yeah and i know it doesnt sound believable but i swear that it responds when my fingers are close but not quite touching screen...works totally as expected when unplugged!
    Hmm, considering what Takeo said and the possibility of a static between your finger may have something to do with it. But don't take my word for it - I'm just thinking out of the box.

Have you had any other issues related to power or when the device is plugged to an outlet?
    05-07-11 01:26 PM
    Hmm, considering what Takeo said and the possibility of a static between your finger may have something to do with it. But don't take my word for it - I'm just thinking out of the box.

Have you had any other issues related to power or when the device is plugged to an outlet?
    nope and its all set now....it was the outlets in that one room
    05-07-11 01:29 PM
    Started having similar issues two nights ago. Thought it might be some issue with the connection at the PB itself. When plugged in, key board pops up and disappears on its own. Had websites just pop up or minimize on their own. Really sketchy behavior. Also had the 'near touch' responses happening. I pulled the plug out and all stabilized and no repeated behavior. This hasn't happened every time I plug in. I'm thinking it might be related to the specific outlet I was using. Will keep an eye on this and update if it repeats again with any consistency.
    05-07-11 01:36 PM
    Started having similar issues two nights ago. Thought it might be some issue with the connection at the PB itself. When plugged in, key board pops up and disappears on its own. Had websites just pop up or minimize on their own. Really sketchy behavior. Also had the 'near touch' responses happening. I pulled the plug out and all stabilized and no repeated behavior. This hasn't happened every time I plug in. I'm thinking it might be related to the specific outlet I was using. Will keep an eye on this and update if it repeats again with any consistency.
    hmmmm well hopefully that is all it is....and glad someone else has seen this happen
    05-07-11 01:41 PM
    It started doing this to me a couple of days ago with the usual outlet I use, even I switch to a different power outlet it still acting weird from times to times, I wonder what is causing this issue and will it be fix in the next update?
    09-16-11 01:06 PM
    mine does this aswell but only when i use a bb phone charger instead of the pb charger

i have no idea why but it doesnt seem to have any ill effects, literally as soon as i unplug it the problems stop so i guess its just one of those quirks

its not a bug, its a (disco) feature!
    09-16-11 02:55 PM
    yes it stopped right after I unplug it from charger but during the night when bed buzz started up by itself and start talkin non stop at 3 am it's kinda freaky and annoyin and I use the pb charger too not bb charger so I don't know what is causing the problem, I tried 2 pb and they all actin the same way
    09-25-11 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD