here in the UK we get everything 6 months behind the USA so expecting the bold this side of winter is doubtful!

however to my suprise the largest carrier in the UK (o2) have currently slashed the price of the current bold and torch phone contracts and are giving the phones away free even on the cheapest tarrifs.

so im adding 1+1 and asuming that means they want rid asap for the new releases. i maybe wrong but i hope not!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 09:05 AM
    I am hoping that Canadian Rogers will release as soon as possible. If you are right, which I hope you are right for sure, then we here in Canada should get the phone at the end of June or middle of July.

Rogers Canada also cut down the prices of their BBs and 9900 better be out soon because if I can get the phone at least three weeks before my school starts in September, I will be very happy.

I hope you are right.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-07-11 at 11:08 AM.
    05-07-11 10:12 AM
    Vodafone UK have already added it to there site under coming soon, they don't normally do that unless it's close to actually coming on sale.

Will we be getting it the same time as the US, hope so , I hate the way we are normally 6 months behind, it's pointless.
    05-07-11 10:24 AM
    Vodafone UK have already added it to there site under coming soon, they don't normally do that unless it's close to actually coming on sale.

Will we be getting it the same time as the US, hope so , I hate the way we are normally 6 months behind, it's pointless.
    Didnt the 9780 pretty much come out at the same time in the US and UK?
    05-07-11 10:30 AM
    here in the UK we get everything 6 months behind the USA so expecting the bold this side of winter is doubtful!

however to my suprise the largest carrier in the UK (o2) have currently slashed the price of the current bold and torch phone contracts and are giving the phones away free even on the cheapest tarrifs.

so im adding 1+1 and asuming that means they want rid asap for the new releases. i maybe wrong but i hope not!

Didnt the 9780 pretty much come out at the same time in the US and UK?
    thats correct, the UK got the 9780 before the US - not sure where the OP got 6 months behind from, it'll be coming in june/july from vodafone website and o2 twitter feed
    05-07-11 10:48 AM
    I think it will be sooner rather then later. O2 dropping prices and Vodafone announcing it as coming soon can't just be a coincidence.

05-07-11 11:01 AM
    I am very much sure it will be in the market before end of May.
    05-07-11 11:52 AM
    I noticed this too on the vodafone site... they are also offering the bold 9780 for free on contracts that they weren't before...

So hopefully that and the coming soon is a sign, and not just them trying to keep sales up of the current bold with the new devices coming...
    05-07-11 11:59 AM
    I am very much sure it will be in the market before end of May.
    Since they announced it coming out in summer, that rules out May unfortunately
    05-07-11 12:15 PM
    Oo that looks good, it's quite a good deal too but I can't wait for the 9900/torch 2
    05-07-11 01:29 PM
    I have an upgrade in september with the option of upgrading 70 days before the contract ends so I'm gonna sit tight

05-07-11 02:01 PM
    They better release it within a month or the competition will be much stiffer than it is now. This summer the HTC Evo 3D will be out, the Palm Pre 3 probably will too and lord knows what other powerhouse devices will be there by then.

Right now would be the sweet spot. If it were in stores now it would be the only phone I'd consider.
    05-07-11 02:59 PM
    I noticed this too on the vodafone site... they are also offering the bold 9780 for free on contracts that they weren't before...

So hopefully that and the coming soon is a sign, and not just them trying to keep sales up of the current bold with the new devices coming...
    yes they are so bloody efficient they are advertising it with os 6.1
    the rest of world will have os 7 ,wot a balls up !!
    05-07-11 03:09 PM
    It does look good, it was only a couple of days ago I was looking on the o2 website and the minimum deal for free 9780/9800 phone was �30!- now its free on the smallest �16.50 deal
    That's quite a change and points towards the carriers expecting the next gen of bb's imo :-)

05-07-11 03:10 PM
    They better release it within a month or the competition will be much stiffer than it is now. This summer the HTC Evo 3D will be out, the Palm Pre 3 probably will too and lord knows what other powerhouse devices will be there by then.

Right now would be the sweet spot. If it were in stores now it would be the only phone I'd consider.
    What competition? Lol

Seriously, I'm not concerned with how many people are gonna buy it, I just want it for me

05-07-11 04:08 PM
    i think the phone for rogers will be here Mid June or Early July ? I hope cant wait for it..
    05-07-11 04:15 PM
    ok 6 months may have been an exageration but the last bold hit the USA in early August? in the UK it was mid November I believe as it was a year after the previous flagship bb as released.

if its on vodaphone UK site already as coming soon then hopefully its even earlier!

05-07-11 04:27 PM
    yes they are so bloody efficient they are advertising it with os 6.1
    the rest of world will have os 7 ,wot a balls up !!
    That also shows you how earli carriers get sent information on these upcoming devices. Rim obviously sent them specs, but also shows that rim did not send them updated specs later. But voda should so some research.
    05-07-11 04:58 PM
    its also listed as having a dual core 1.2ghz processor. (sorry if thats been mentioned)
    05-08-11 06:15 AM
    in holland is the release date end june begin july and some carriers expect them to have in august so there is no clear dat but i will go voor end june!
    05-08-11 07:42 AM
    in holland is the release date end june begin july and some carriers expect them to have in august so there is no clear dat but i will go voor end june!
    How do you know that? Give us a source
    Last edited by LeMarc; 05-08-11 at 07:59 AM.
    05-08-11 07:56 AM
    i think the phone for rogers will be here Mid June or Early July ? I hope cant wait for it..
    I am waiting for the Rogers to release 9900 and hope it will be at least before end of July. I want to play with the phone before my school starts in September.

05-08-11 08:13 AM
    I have spoken over the phone to a sales rep who had a word with a manager for VODAFONE UK
    They are expecting the 9900 sometime in june but couldn't give me a definitive date.
    I thought I might get an actual date for a minute but next month is good enough for me :-)

05-10-11 02:14 PM
    I have spoken over the phone to a sales rep who had a word with a manager for VODAFONE UK
    They are expecting the 9900 sometime in june but couldn't give me a definitive date.
    I thought I might get an actual date for a minute but next month is good enough for me :-)

Aha!

If they said that they lied to you, used to be fairly senior in Vodafone before the recent wave of firing us to hire people in Egypt. None of the sales managers know the time frame for release of new devices until it goes out to the public. They have the same clearance as the people who take the calls.

The only person who would know is the OPs manager and the is only one of those for the sales part of the business in the UK and they'd be fired for giving out the info.
    05-10-11 02:20 PM
    my mate works for 3 and he said basically the same thing, they only know about products a day or 2 before they come in. He only found out the day before the white iphone came in store.
    05-10-11 03:14 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD