it is very good. now i can leave it on the desk playin. stereo speakers!!!
    sounds are clear. no need to worry about itunes crap-sync. just drag and drop
    speakers facing up. what a revelation!!
    has anyone tried to connect it with (active) speakers on wifi..? or thru cable?
    05-07-11 08:55 AM
    Active speakers? I've connected my PB to my sound system with a cable. If that's what you were asking, through cables.
    05-07-11 09:17 AM
    One problem though, when you search for a song and play it from the search results, it won't play the whole library just the list from the search result. You know what I mean?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 09:27 AM
    hmm yeah. still take a little bit of organising. i just found out so many collections which got lost in itune mess. miss sarajevo - passengers hee hee

mcstoners: so you cross the earphone to RCAs..? my sound system is in the room. maybe worthwile looking for smaller ones. something like bose.
    05-07-11 09:35 AM
    hmm yeah. still take a little bit of organising. i just found out so many collections which got lost in itune mess. miss sarajevo - passengers hee hee

mcstoners: so you cross the earphone to RCAs..? my sound system is in the room. maybe worthwile looking for smaller ones. something like bose.
    I have a certain cord that has the red and white attachments, can't remember what they are called ATM, and the other end is a normal headphone jack. I normally use it for my music from my iPod, but it works great when I want to watch a movie with louder sound.
    05-07-11 10:15 AM
    yeah they're called 3.5mm earphone jack to RCAs (red and white for left and right channels).
    i believe RCA invent the connection
    05-07-11 10:24 AM
    Yes the red and white jacks are called "RCA" jacks. The industry convention is that the "R"ed one is for the "R"ight speaker, white for the left.

I have also connected the PB to my kickass home theatre system via HDMI and man the audio quality is amazing.
    05-07-11 10:35 AM
    it would be nice if it could search for album info on the net?
    05-07-11 10:43 AM
    Music player is nice but still has some work that needs to be done with it. For example the music player doesn't seem to be able to find music when you you have a folder inside a folder
    05-07-11 10:48 AM
    I am also super impressed with the sound quality of the stereo speakers while playing music. I normally listen to my music through Bose earbuds, but when I heard these speakers, wow! will be nice for portable music needs, at parties or gatherings instead of toting a ton of CDs.
    BSFA2008 likes this.
    05-07-11 11:01 AM
    Music player is nice but still has some work that needs to be done with it. For example the music player doesn't seem to be able to find music when you you have a folder inside a folder
    are you sure of this..? but it's damn easier than anything else. a welcome relief after apple products.
    05-07-11 11:06 AM
    Just wondering how complete your meta tags are.

I spent the extra time including artist/album/genre when I ripped my music and it seems to work for me.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    05-07-11 12:19 PM
    how come it wont show the artist name when a song is playing. The UI needs work
    05-07-11 12:33 PM
    Audio is great, although I do wish it had EQ options and presets.
    05-07-11 02:18 PM
    I love the music player - and not being tied to that monalithic resource intensive Itunes program that tries to think for me and organizes the music the way that it (Steve Jobs) wants to instead of the way I want to is an utter bonus. Yes, I detest Itunes with an utter passion. I'll drag and drop my music the way I want to thank you very much.
    05-07-11 03:02 PM
    I don't have too many "subfolders" but it seems to know and show music that is organized on my pb under:

Music
    ...Beattles
    ...... Each album
    ...... Next Album
    ...... etc

Same for my Bach collections - they are in separate folders and they show up, too.
    Last edited by F2; 05-07-11 at 04:19 PM.
    05-07-11 04:16 PM
    does anyone knows if the music player can search for missing data like album cover on the internet???
    05-07-11 04:21 PM
    does anyone knows if the music player can search for missing data like album cover on the internet???
    There do not seem to be any pull-down options/menus for the music player. I think you need to get your tunes in complete order using the mp3 tags and include album art at that time.

And unless I'm missing something, album art is not shown in large images. The largest images are maybe an inch square at the bottom left after you tap the small arrow to the right of the controls (back, pause, stop, forward).
    05-07-11 05:08 PM
    I love the music player - and not being tied to that monalithic resource intensive Itunes program that tries to think for me and organizes the music the way that it (Steve Jobs) wants to instead of the way I want to is an utter bonus. Yes, I detest Itunes with an utter passion. I'll drag and drop my music the way I want to thank you very much.
    Apple was mentioned 5 times in this thread. I've never scene a forum community so passionate about a product/company they obviously have no interest in doing business with. The point of the thread was how nice the music player was on the PB which Im interested in because even though I have both the first and second gen iPads I'm pretty close to picking up a Playbook as well. not because iOS is "simple" or iTunes is a resource hog or Steve Jobs is trying to take over the world. I want a PB because I'm a technology aficionado and can appreciate the numerous ways to skin a cat. Obviously comparisons are useful but when threads become pissing contests based on cliches users use from both sides it waters down the usefulness of the info substantially.
    ErnieH likes this.
    05-07-11 05:42 PM
    it would be nice if we could sort the songs. right on the main menu/playlist by artist/title/album like in typical music player?
    05-07-11 07:50 PM
    anyone to see more than artist/album/track/genre/time? year, album artist, rating, year, playcount. would be to have headers within all songs to allow sorting by album. while itunes is a resource hog and it so nice to not have to go thru it would nice to have more features on the playbook. better now playing view.

also, does anyone know if playcount gets updated after playing a song?
    05-08-11 09:09 AM
    yea would be nice if i could edit the info (artist and album name) so it wouldnt just unknown and like that it could get inputed into its proper album under the artist
    05-08-11 09:23 AM
    yea would be nice if i could edit the info (artist and album name) so it wouldnt just unknown and like that it could get inputed into its proper album under the artist

You should get an mp3 tag editor (ggogle it) fix up your tags. It's not a PB thing, same thing happens with WMP as well.
    05-08-11 09:33 AM
    can we delete the tracks from the songlist/playlist?
    05-08-11 10:43 AM
    You should get an mp3 tag editor (ggogle it) fix up your tags. It's not a PB thing, same thing happens with WMP as well.
    well itunes has a tag editor, and i bought it from itunes. so it has all album info. but when i drag it to playbook. it loses the artist and album info. the only thing it kept was the album picture and song names....i also try to create some playlist folders but it looks like ur only allowed to set one playlist.
    05-08-11 08:15 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD