Hey guys, I'm just off the phone with PB costumer service.. I'm having problems making BBM to work on my PB. Anyways they told me there is an update coming in a week that will give full functionality to BBM in the PB.. They didn't want to share more info but i assume that BBM GROUPS will be included..
    dollface and Rob Robertson like this.
    05-06-11 04:27 PM
    It looks like we'll be having updates every couple of weeks or so.
    05-06-11 04:29 PM
    Sounds good to me, bring it on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 04:32 PM
    Hey guys, I'm just off the phone with PB costumer service.. I'm having problems making BBM to work on my PB. Anyways they told me there is an update coming in a week that will give full functionality to BBM in the PB.. They didn't want to share more info but i assume that BBM GROUPS will be included..
    I just want to be able to open BBM on the PB without it crashing. Hoping this fixes it.
    05-06-11 05:20 PM
    I also want the notifications to go away after I've read the messages...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kariakoo likes this.
    05-06-11 05:48 PM
    i want bbm to be native
    05-06-11 05:50 PM
    i want bbm to be native
    So do I and a lot of other people. Just think how awesome it would be to have a wifi device, no monthly bill and have bbm. It would be pretty sweet. You wouldn't even need a BB any more. You could get a PB and a dumb phone and have everything you need and save some money. Too bad it probably wont happen.
    05-06-11 05:57 PM
    ya i know it will probably never happen. its fun to dream though. the playbook is still an amazing device, it would just be awesome to be able to communicate with people without owning a bb phone.
    05-06-11 06:32 PM
    yayyy tuesday updates are awsome. its like a weekly holiday :P
    05-06-11 06:34 PM
    How is this news?? They announced at BlackBerry World that they're trying to do OS updates every two weeks...
    05-06-11 06:37 PM
    The OP said they were told the update was in a week. That's next Friday. Means it's not a Tuesday nor 2 weeks from the last update!
    05-06-11 06:42 PM
    The OP said they were told the update was in a week. That's next Friday. Means it's not a Tuesday nor 2 weeks from the last update!
    And you believed someone from tech support?
    05-06-11 06:51 PM
    How is this news?? They announced at BlackBerry World that they're trying to do OS updates every two weeks...
    The wording was "as often as every 2 weeks" that is a long way from saying "there will be one every 2 weeks". I think what RIM was saying was it takes a minimum of 2 weeks to test an update so don't expect them any more often then that.
    05-06-11 07:11 PM
    just wait. no point fighting over when. a week, 2 weeks, does it matter? better to wait longer, so we get valid updates and minimum problems.
    05-06-11 07:13 PM
    The wording was "as often as every 2 weeks" that is a long way from saying "there will be one every 2 weeks". I think what RIM was saying was it takes a minimum of 2 weeks to test an update so don't expect them any more often then that.
    Did you even READ my post?

05-06-11 07:17 PM
    In general, I agree that patience is a virtue, and we should wait patiently for the best update possible. HOWEVER, in this case, we are living with a device that isn't quite operating at the basic level RIM intended (to say nothing of the fact it is nowhere near the level of performance RIM initially indicated). I know there is a cost to being an early adopter, but RIM has to be willing to provide quick updates to get the device to actually work. Even if the updates themselves aren't perfect...
    05-06-11 07:19 PM
    I guess I don't get it. Why is it good to have a device that NEEDS an update every two weeks? I thought it was a bad sign when the PB first came out, you open the box and did a software update??? That's can't be GOOD news can it?
    05-06-11 07:19 PM
    I guess I don't get it. Why is it good to have a device that NEEDS an update every two weeks? I thought it was a bad sign when the PB first came out, you open the box and did a software update??? That's can't be GOOD news can it?
    in some sense your right but updates might bring some new features to the pb like the last one that gave us videochat.

some features already announced and people looking forward to are native email, contact,calender, android player, etc.
    05-06-11 07:24 PM
    It's good news if you bought it and can't take it back...and it's good news for future sales if RIM can finsh the OS.

IMO - the bottom line is the device wasn't ready for launch and RIM is pushing hard to finsh it. I believe everyone agrees the PlayBook is a great device with lots of potential...BUT consumers are more likely to buy something for what it does NOW not the potential it could have later.

At least with the PlayBook we shouldn't have the Storm 1 & 2 and Tour9630 & Bold 9650 BullSh*t...
    Last edited by Lucky45; 05-06-11 at 07:45 PM.
    05-06-11 07:42 PM
    I think it's great news for a brand new device. Especially since the first big update was about 90% video chat and 10% anything useful to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the PB so far, but there are a few updates that I think will make this thing exponentially better - namely auto-correct in the browser and a beefed-up web favorites management. I'd really like go see those things before native email and calendar apps myself.
    jcool13 likes this.
    05-06-11 07:56 PM
    For myself, the biggest issue is Bridge at this point. It has so much potential, but unfortunately it's lacking the polish to make it truly efficient. BBM is usable, but can be incredibly frustrating due to lag and problems with notifications. In addition, many of my conversations in bbm include using groups, which are missing but I'm hopeful will be implemented in the future. For emails, one should be able to copy & paste. You should also be able to copy & paste within the address book without first going into edit.
    05-06-11 08:37 PM
    I quite like that RIM can push updates every two weeks.... what's not to like about getting new features/functions/fixes as soon as they become available rather than bi-annually (if ever) on some devices. Keep them coming!
    05-06-11 10:38 PM
    ya, i was on the phone with tech today about my bbm crashing they told me as well that a mini update will come through next week
    05-06-11 11:32 PM
    Did you even READ my post?
    Yes I did, and I still say "trying" and "as often as" are not the same thing. One is a statement of attempt, the other is simply a minimum.

Don't take it as an attack on your comment, and I love my PlayBook so I'm not knocking it or RIM. I am simply trying to cut down on the "Where is our promised update" threads I expect to start seeing in about a week.

Think of this... If I borrowed money from you would you prefer I would "try" to pay you every 2 weeks, or I will "pay you as often as" as every 2 weeks. One implies I am aiming for every 2 weeks, the other says every 2 weeks is the minimum amount of time I could make a payment to you... but it could be much longer.
    05-07-11 01:05 AM
    New to the technology age are we?
    05-07-11 03:05 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD