i am completely computer illiterate and was wondering if any of you could help me out.

i go to one site for to stream movies, its a divx site. i was wondering if i can stream these movies on my playbook. if divx isnt built inot the PB and there is a way can someone explain it to as if i was there grandmother....lol

also i was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that work with the playbook that i could stream movies from, as well any sites i can download movies and be able to just play them ( when people start getting technical on what to do i am totally lost)

please note that i am canadian and the official sites like hulu dont work for me, basically stick to two sites on my computer sidereel.com and freefulllengthmovies.net

any help would be greatly appreciated since i absolutley love my playbook and love watching new movies and tv shows on it

thanks

been a blackberry owner for years and never frequented this site until i got the PB and you all have been amazingly helpful. i almost wonder what a PB owner who doesnt come here figure out not only how to fix things but the details of all the new features that come with the updates. rim needs to make a detailed list of all the new features every new OS comes with.
    Last edited by ALLTEE; 05-05-11 at 03:02 PM. Reason: change of title so its clearer
    05-05-11 02:56 PM
    The pb does appear to play divx movies. But it may vary depending on how they were encoded.

As for streaming from a site, you might just try it with the browser. Others rip their own movies off of dvd or blu-ray disks - meaning, they use 3rd party programs to copy and convert.

Others go to the underworld and download such movies in appropriate formats.
    05-05-11 03:07 PM
    everytime i search underworld i get underwold the movie, not a download site, as well what would be the proper format to download direct to the PB?

thanks
    05-05-11 03:25 PM
    i think they meant illegal or unofficial download sites
    05-05-11 03:27 PM
    thats what im trying to figure out, what is an easy site i can go to and download a movie without having to convert or do anything and not have to worry about a virus. freefulllengthmovies has all the new movies and it streams in divx. i only tried once but the move wasnt working on the playbook
    05-05-11 03:35 PM
    zmovie, re1ease, sidereel......more????
    05-05-11 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD