I tried to purchase an App this morning through my Playbook. Usin the PayPal option, the Paypal logon window opens and when I enter my info, it tells me that there was a time out (after 1 or 2 seconds!)..

I tried logging into my account via the browser and it works fine, but I can't make that App payment.

Any suggestions?
    05-05-11 10:48 AM
    Same problem here.
    05-05-11 05:47 PM
    I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. Very annoying!
    05-09-11 10:15 AM
    Had this problem last night trying to make a purchase. What I had to do was log into Blackberry App World from the browser (not through App World) and set up the payment options there. Once I did that, everything worked great.
    05-09-11 10:26 AM
    I just went to the web site and pasted it to my home screen.
    05-09-11 11:00 AM
    Had this problem last night trying to make a purchase. What I had to do was log into Blackberry App World from the browser (not through App World) and set up the payment options there. Once I did that, everything worked great.
    Thats exactly what I had to do also .. works great now .. now if only KOBO accepted paypal ..
    05-09-11 03:09 PM
    Same issue here trying to pay for aVNC. Gave up and put it on my PP debit card. Not to start another RIM flame but seriously did RIM even test PP and their APP store? It's silly little issues like this that fan the flames of 'Not ready for prime time' threads.
    05-09-11 03:36 PM
    Same issue here trying to pay for aVNC. Gave up and put it on my PP debit card. Not to start another RIM flame but seriously did RIM even test PP and their APP store? It's silly little issues like this that fan the flames of 'Not ready for prime time' threads.
    Yes, it has been frustrating attempting to find workarounds for damn near everything! I tell ya, when something works right on this puppy, it's heaven. But when it doesn't ...it's ****!! lol

Oh yeah, I had the same issue with PayPal. Will try that work around tonight.
    05-09-11 05:02 PM
    i have the same issue when attempting to setup the payment option on my
    BB in app world.
    05-09-11 06:36 PM
    Thats exactly what I had to do also .. works great now .. now if only KOBO accepted paypal ..
    I believe Kobo payments are processed through Paypal. I say this because my Paypal is being annoying and needing a bank account attached and now Kobo payment is not going through
    05-09-11 08:29 PM
    i gave this a try but still cannot make a purchase. RIM shows up as a pre-approved payee in PayPal but get an error 569013. Problem encountered with PayPal authorization.
    05-09-11 11:02 PM
    cant make any payments thru paypal as well
    05-10-11 08:59 AM
    There are some proposed solutions on the blackberry support forums

APP World PayPal - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

None of these are working for me.. Anyone have any luck ?
    05-13-11 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD