I mean come on AT&T get with the program. Over two weeks since the PB was launched and you're still blocking Bridge from being downloaded in App World. Give me a break. Thank goodness for users on this forum who posted links to get around it.

So let's go already, release the app to all of us loyal AT&T customers and if you think of charging for Bridge after my 14-day return window for my PB I'll be going ballistic!

05-04-11 10:22 AM
    They can't charge for Bridge bc its a free application...I'm sure there has to be a law against something like that from happening. ATT sucks lately...wish they were still cingular...didn't have any issues back then.
    05-04-11 10:35 AM
    Eh who cares lol. We can get bridge OTA anyways. Let ATT hold it hostage and think they are getting away with it lol.
    05-04-11 10:35 AM
    Is there a new ATT Bridge work around yet?!?! The old one isn't working any longer. I have to think BB is at fault here in this whole mess.
    05-04-11 10:38 AM
    Eh who cares lol. We can get bridge OTA anyways. Let ATT hold it hostage and think they are getting away with it lol.
    Not everyone can get Bridge. . I have yet to see a version/install method that works for unlocked Storm's on ATT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 10:42 AM
    Is there a new ATT Bridge work around yet?!?! The old one isn't working any longer. I have to think BB is at fault here in this whole mess.
    If you tried upgrading to the latest version of Bridge and it didn't work for you, try completely uninstalling Bridge, then try the AT&T OTA workaround install again. That's what worked for me.
    05-04-11 10:43 AM
    If you tried upgrading to the latest version of Bridge and it didn't work for you, try completely uninstalling Bridge, then try the AT&T OTA workaround install again. That's what worked for me.
    I don't have the latest version of Bridge to unistall because the link no longer works (Error 404) and I can't install the app because of ATT. Any other suggestions. Pretty frustrating considering my level of excitement and the fact that I want to use this feature at an upcoming dental meeting. Thanks very much.
    05-04-11 10:58 AM
    I don't have the latest version of Bridge to unistall because the link no longer works (Error 404) and I can't install the app because of ATT. Any other suggestions. Pretty frustrating considering my level of excitement and the fact that I want to use this feature at an upcoming dental meeting. Thanks very much.
    Are you using the link in first post of this thread for OS5 or OS 6:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/bl...-links-610857/
    05-04-11 11:10 AM
    You mean this link for OS6?

Or this one for OS5?
    05-04-11 11:11 AM
    There are a number of threads that specifically tell you how to circumvent AT&Ts block. I have a 9700 with AT&T, and it worked fine for me. There is nothing they can do at the moment to stop you from getting the software OTA and prevent you from using it. Just because they are not providing you the OFFICIAL download, doesn't mean you can't get it else where.
    05-04-11 11:25 AM
    Do any of the users of bridge on ATT actually find the browser usefull?

other than getting to the first page, i cant go anywhere else. example, i can get to google then google news, but if it try to click any link after that, it times out, any one else experiencing these problems?
    05-04-11 11:31 AM
    There are a number of threads that specifically tell you how to circumvent AT&Ts block. I have a 9700 with AT&T, and it worked fine for me. There is nothing they can do at the moment to stop you from getting the software OTA and prevent you from using it. Just because they are not providing you the OFFICIAL download, doesn't mean you can't get it else where.
    Wait, you have a 95XX on ATT and have Bridge running? How did you install it? Every OTA I've tried give me 970 invalid COD error and loading the ALX through DM did nothing, nor did loading COD's using BBSAK. Unless I'm a total noob, i thought I did the manual installs right...
    05-04-11 12:00 PM
    I mean come on AT&T get with the program. Over two weeks since the PB was launched and you're still blocking Bridge from being downloaded in App World. Give me a f'in break. Thank goodness for user's on this forum who posted links to get around it.

So let's go already, release the app to all of us loyal AT&T customers and if you think of charging for Bridge after my 14-day return window for my PB I'll be going ballistic!

Well as it stands the Bridge app is pretty useless for me. Webbrowsing makes me wish the PlayBook had a 14.4K modem. The Bridge Browser performance is just terrible for me. Maybe that's AT&T being an A-Hole behind the scenes.
    05-04-11 12:26 PM
    You mean this link for OS6?

Or this one for OS5?
    Ok, feel like an ***** here but it successfully downloaded to my device but I can't get them to pair up.

Once it's downloaded, then what?
    05-04-11 12:47 PM
    Go into "Bridge" on the PB settings and make sure one device is "searching" while the other is "listening". Basically just use bridge on both devices at the same time and attempt that they find each other simultaneously. It should be an instant connection.

05-04-11 01:05 PM
    I have bridge working (thanks to the download on crackberry's website). However, I can't seem to get tethering to work on my PB but I do have it working between my laptop and my BB Torch(I have BB Exchange & 4GB tethering through TT&T). I contacted AT&T's on-line tech support to see if they could get tethering to work for my PB. The bottom line here is they couldn't fix the problem and referred mt to RIM's 800 number.
    So, here's a question: is the PB bridge just as good as tethering? Also, why have a tethering package with AT&T if I can accomplish the same thing, i.e, web, file xfer, etc. with the bridge??

UPDATE: Tethering is now working!! I uploaded the latest version of AT&T's Communication Manager and it now works like a charm.
    Here's the web link...
    Tethered Smartphones - AT&T BusinessDirect� | Premier Business Center
    Last edited by qsauditor; 05-04-11 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Update
    05-04-11 01:36 PM
    Here's what I've done:
    -Downloaded Bridge from browser, it reboot my phone however, I can't see the app in the app store or anywhere else.
    -I have paired my phone and the Playbook however, I can't get to options because of the barcode feature that takes me to the bridge app that isn't available.
    -Manual pairing doesn't seem to work because it can't find bridge.

Not sure if any of this makes sense. A little more help would be greatly appreciated so I can get back to work. Sheesh.
    05-04-11 01:55 PM
    I have bridge working (thanks to the download on crackberry's website). However, I can't seem to get tethering to work on my PB but I do have it working between my laptop and my BB Torch(I have BB Exchange & 4GB tethering through TT&T). I contacted AT&T's on-line tech support to see if they could get tethering to work for my PB. The bottom line here is they couldn't fix the problem and referred mt to RIM's 800 number.
    So, here's a question: is the PB bridge just as good as tethering? Also, why have a tethering package with AT&T if I can accomplish the same thing, i.e, web, file xfer, etc. with the bridge??
    I haven't verified this yet, but tethering through ATT should be quicker than tethering with the Bridge. Also, the Bridge browser does not function very well yet (if at all, for most people), and I would imagine that Tethering will give you a completley functional browser.
    05-04-11 02:04 PM
    Wait, you have a 95XX on ATT and have Bridge running? How did you install it? Every OTA I've tried give me 970 invalid COD error and loading the ALX through DM did nothing, nor did loading COD's using BBSAK. Unless I'm a total noob, i thought I did the manual installs right...
    All you need to do is search for the proper OTA for your device's current OS version (5 or 6). Take the link (I think 2 of them are in this thread) and enter the address in your blackberry browser - then follow the on screen installation instructions. No BBSAK required.

Afterwards, use the connection wizards to pair your devices, and voila!
    05-04-11 02:15 PM
    Here's what I've done:
    -Downloaded Bridge from browser, it reboot my phone however, I can't see the app in the app store or anywhere else.
    -I have paired my phone and the Playbook however, I can't get to options because of the barcode feature that takes me to the bridge app that isn't available.

Not sure if any of this makes sense. A little more help would be greatly appreciated so I can get back to work. Sheesh.
    If you successfully installed the correct version of BB Bridge on your Blackberry phone, you have no need to visit App World. The program should be in one of the folders of your phone, Home Screen, Applications, Downloads, Etc etc. Look for the Bridge icon there.

Open bridge on your phone, link your devices, and you are done.

All of these circumventing procedures do not require anything from AT&Ts website nor Blackberry App World. And AT&T tech support definitely will not assist you. I suggest you carefully read all the threads on this subject.

It took me a few tries to get it right myself.
    05-04-11 02:18 PM
    Do any of the users of bridge on ATT actually find the browser usefull?

other than getting to the first page, i cant go anywhere else. example, i can get to google then google news, but if it try to click any link after that, it times out, any one else experiencing these problems?
    Yes, I have a 9800 and use it often. It isn't the fastest, but it loads pages about as fast as my Torch would if I pulled a full web page on there...go figure because that is what it is doing ;-). But I don't have any issues with it at all and I love it. I actually saw some guy today with an iPhone and a iPad and he had a WiFi hotspot card while I was at lunch...I was like sucks to be you paying through the nose for all that when I can do it with no extra monthly cost.

PlayBook +1!!
    05-04-11 02:25 PM
    Here's what I've done:

You have to turn your phone bluetooth on. Then in your stock theme's all section of apps, you will find the bridge icon. Click on it and it will give you the directions what to do. I could not connect via the scan code system, so did it manually. You also have to on the Playbook swipe down from the top bezel to reveal your set up menu. Open the Bridge on the Playbook and set it up...one thing you will have to do is give your playbook a name, makes it easier later. It takes a while for things to connect, but once it does, your in like flint.

rjkolo, I am with you. I feel sorry for all the iPad people suffering because they only way, other than wifi, for them to connect to the web is to pay through the nose or while I surf for free.
    Last edited by newcollector; 05-04-11 at 02:41 PM.
    05-04-11 02:35 PM
    All you need to do is search for the proper OTA for your device's current OS version (5 or 6). Take the link (I think 2 of them are in this thread) and enter the address in your blackberry browser - then follow the on screen installation instructions. No BBSAK required.

Afterwards, use the connection wizards to pair your devices, and voila!
    Hmm, well that doesn't work for me. I've tried every OS5 OTA I've came across. 907 Invalid COD Error everytime. 2 different OS's too.

I borrowed my buddies old 9700 and it works great. Wish I could get it on this phone.
    05-04-11 02:56 PM
    That's not necessarily true for iPad people who jailbreak an iPhone and get an app called "MyWi". Or if they have android with hotspot functionality.

The advantage of having a separate personal hotspot is multiple wifi connections - phone and tablet for example. And if you're with a friend/colleague/etc they can use it too (if you let them!). Also, the advantage is that you can get a hotspot on a different service provider than your main phone device, in the event you're in an area where your phone may not have good coverage but the hotspot does.

05-04-11 03:11 PM
    You have to turn your phone bluetooth on. Then in your stock theme's all section of apps, you will find the bridge icon. Click on it and it will give you the directions what to do. I could not connect via the scan code system, so did it manually. You also have to on the Playbook swipe down from the top bezel to reveal your set up menu. Open the Bridge on the Playbook and set it up...one thing you will have to do is give your playbook a name, makes it easier later. It takes a while for things to connect, but once it does, your in like flint.

rjkolo, I am with you. I feel sorry for all the iPad people suffering because they only way, other than wifi, for them to connect to the web is to pay through the nose or while I surf for free.
    Thanks for this information. Question, where is the "stock theme's" section of apps? I have done everything else correctly I believe but can't seem to find where the icon is. Thanks so much again.
    05-04-11 03:28 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD