Hey, all. I downloaded GeeReader and I've logged into my account but can't seem to get it to stop "loading'. The green circle just keeps circling and my feeds won't load. I tried restarting. Any suggestions for getting this working?
    05-03-11 12:51 PM
    had this problem last night as well - promptly deleted...
    05-03-11 01:08 PM
    I had the same issue, gave it two separate days of multiple tries and never loaded a thing so I also deleted it.
    05-03-11 01:24 PM
    Hey, all. I downloaded GeeReader and I've logged into my account but can't seem to get it to stop "loading'. The green circle just keeps circling and my feeds won't load. I tried restarting. Any suggestions for getting this working?
    I'm the developer of GeeReader.

I know of 2 issues that currently prevent GeeReader from loading correctly.

1. If you are following any blogs from the Blogger (www.blogger.com) GeeReader wont load correctly.
    The workaround is:
    � Unfollow the sites in the Blogger dashboard : http://www.blogger.com/manage-blogs-following.g
    � Add the list of sites to Google Reader online.
    � Close GeeReader and reopen.
    I�ve already applied a fix for this issue and submitted a new release (v.1.0.7) to RIM for approval. I will release the patch as soon as RIM has approved it.

2. I�ve seen one or 2 people in the forums say that they had an invalid subscription/feed in their Google Reader profile. Once they deleted that feed GeeReader would open correctly. I haven�t been able to recreate this issue myself though.
    05-03-11 04:04 PM
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll see if I can try the workaround.

Edit: I deleted my Blogger feeds and I can now load my feeds. Thanks for the reply!
    Last edited by laurah2215; 05-03-11 at 06:32 PM.
    05-03-11 05:39 PM
    Hi GeeReaderDev,

GeeReader has tremendous potential, and much thanks for participating in the forums.

Is there any way to make the reading area of each post bigger? Right now each post opens in a small window in the middle of the playbook screen, and while the text is zoomable via pinch to zoom, it doesn't change the word wrap so the zoomed text is useless.
    05-03-11 08:39 PM
    Is there any way to make the reading area of each post bigger? Right now each post opens in a small window in the middle of the playbook screen, and while the text is zoomable via pinch to zoom, it doesn't change the word wrap so the zoomed text is useless.
    You can maximise the article detail popup window by tapping on the blue title bar of the popup window. To restore it to normal size just tap the title bar again. Its obvious to me now that this is not intuitive at all so I'll add some icons to the title bar to make this action more obvious.
    05-03-11 11:53 PM
    I'm the developer of GeeReader.

I know of 2 issues that currently prevent GeeReader from loading correctly.

1. If you are following any blogs from the Blogger (www.blogger.com) GeeReader wont load correctly.
    The workaround is:
    � Unfollow the sites in the Blogger dashboard : http://www.blogger.com/manage-blogs-following.g
    � Add the list of sites to Google Reader online.
    � Close GeeReader and reopen.
    Thanks so much for posting this ... I reinstalled, deleted the Blogger links, Gee Reader now works fine and I'm ecstatic because is the feed reader I wanted. Yay!
    05-04-11 07:04 AM
    i had this problem initially, but i fixed it. i love GeeReader! my problem was that i had a broken feed link in my list of feeds that was causing it to hang up. so make sure al, your feed links are valid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 12:28 PM
    my problem was that i had a broken feed link in my list of feeds that was causing it to hang up. so make sure al, your feed links are valid.
    Thanks for confirming this scenario. I'll make sure I add the necessary checks so this doesn't break the app.
    05-04-11 01:39 PM
    Thanks for confirming this scenario. I'll make sure I add the necessary checks so this doesn't break the app.
    Awesome, Glad I could help. Is there anyway to get a feature where we can click to view the full articles? Or "View Source"? You know what I mean?

05-04-11 01:49 PM
    I've added the "view full source article" feature in v1.0.7. I submitted this version to RIM for approval on Monday this week. As soon as they approve that release you'll have the feature
    05-04-11 01:52 PM
    I'm sure this idea is in the works and really not possible yet because of no twitter app, but are there plans for a share to facebook/twitter feature?
    05-04-11 02:27 PM
    Share by Facebook, Twitter and Email is definitely on the todo list. There's nothing really standing in the way of Twitter integration. I believe (I may be wrong) that Twitter don't really want anyone to create full Twitter clients as such but they are more than happy to let 3rd party developers use the Twitter service for functions like sharing web links etc.

I'll also be adding the following features over the next few months:
    - Orientation Change Support
    - Feed Management
    - Offline caching

Plus 1 or 2 other surprises

I plan to release 1 major functional update a month over the next few months with some bug fix releases in between as needed.
    05-04-11 02:44 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. Its a great app.
    solomon_grundy likes this.
    05-04-11 02:49 PM
    Wow....this is a GREAT app! love it!!!
    how do i collapse the subscriptions? (if the screenshots were working in 1.3.1868 i'd show you )***
    i have Blackberry and subforums under that heading, then BNET and subforums under that one, etc. I want to see just Blackberry, then BNet, then the rest,.

***Operator headspace issue---i knew there was a reason my eyes kept going to the top tool bar....duh...bridge was enabled. no screenshot w/ bridge.
    Last edited by vecharo; 05-04-11 at 09:11 PM.
    05-04-11 08:27 PM
    Wow....this is a GREAT app! love it!!!
    how do i collapse the subscriptions? (if the screenshots were working in 1.3.1868 i'd show you )
    i have Blackberry and subforums under that heading, then BNET and subforums under that one, etc. I want to see just Blackberry, then BNet, then the rest,.
    Screenshots do work in this OS build. I have been using them tonight to beta test some stuff

05-04-11 08:29 PM
    I'm missing the links for some articles on BNET.

this is what it looks like on a PC. the link to the full article is obtained from clicking where the hand is.

this is what it looks like on my PB***

there's no place to click to see the full article.

I don't have this issue w/ other sites like CB, but since this is how BNET links to the full site can this be an enhancement?
    Last edited by vecharo; 05-04-11 at 09:11 PM.
    05-04-11 08:40 PM
    how do i collapse the subscriptions?
    Unfortunately there's no way to collapse subscription folders yet. I'll add this in a future version.
    05-04-11 11:45 PM
    there's no place to click to see the full article.

I don't have this issue w/ other sites like CB, but since this is how BNET links to the full site can this be an enhancement?
    This will be included in v1.0.7 which is already with RIM for approval. You'll have the feature as soon as they approve it
    05-04-11 11:47 PM
    You have a good looking app here and one that I could see myself becoming dependent upon. However, I am still relying heavily on Viigo on my Torch, the reason for this is the ability to "share" an item on my Facebook account. I haven't found this in yours, or any other, RSS application for the Playbook. Is that something you could add?
    05-05-11 11:40 AM
    Share via Twitter and Facebook is actually the most requested feature so far so I have started working on this. I hope to release a major app update at the end of May which will include this functionality plus whatever else I can squeeze in.
    05-05-11 12:18 PM
    This will be included in v1.0.7 which is already with RIM for approval. You'll have the feature as soon as they approve it
    v1.0.7 is now available. This version fixes the Blogger feed subscription compatibility issue and allows you to click on the article title in the article detail popup window to view the full article's web page in the system browser.
    05-05-11 01:40 PM
    Loving GeeReader.

I am hoping that you can eventually include sharing by BBM, email, etc.....

Keep up the great work!
    05-05-11 05:17 PM
    v1.0.7 is now available. This version fixes the Blogger feed subscription compatibility issue and allows you to click on the article title in the article detail popup window to view the full article's web page in the system browser.
    Hey GeeReaderDev,

I am looking for the new version and so not see an update available. Did Rim say when it will be available?
    05-05-11 06:10 PM
315 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD